cabot /morgan Claimform CITICARD-last year had a Wright Hassle SD attempt too!!

dillon21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi dillon,

Yes, because when you do your defence it needs to be tailored to what is claimed against you and we can only do this if we know what they are actually claiming. The particulars of claim will be on the very front page. Obviously, don't type up any details that would identify you personally.

With the aknowledgement of service form this is one of the forms that you will have got in the pack. If you're not too sure which one it is, here is a copy of one:-

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n9_web_e.pdf

You need to fill in all your details and tick the box that says you will defend the entire claim.

You can also do this online and details of how to do it are included in the pack

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Particulars of claim

the claiment is the assignee of a (debt)s from citifinacial european plc association platinum visa refrence ~~~~~~~~

Notice of assignment having been given to the defentant in writing.

Despite demand for payment 4820.62 remains due

The claiment claims 4820.62 and intrest under s 69 county courts act 1984 and costs

• 2 years later...

Please could someone advise

received a letter from above solicitors saying despite previous attempts to contact you your balance remains outstanding

it says our client has instructed us to review you case with a view of serving you with a bankruptcy order and

this will mean you are declared bankrupt with the following implications all you assets including your share in your house will belong to the trustee

this May result in your house being repossessed

then goes on to say you go on a list

I'll I want to know is can they do this debt is £5000

Many Thanks

Hi,

Some history of this debt would help others advise.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Please could someone advise

received a letter from above solicitors saying despite previous attempts to contact you your balance remains outstanding

it says our client has instructed us to review you case with a view of serving you with a bankruptcy order and

this will mean you are declared bankrupt with the following implications all you assets including your share in your house will belong to the trustee

this May result in your house being repossessed

then goes on to say you go on a list

I'll I want to know is can they do this debt is £5000

Many Thanks

The creditor must first file a Statutory Demand for Payment, which will give you a time scale to rectify the debt or set aside the SD and enter a defence, the solicitor seems to have conveniently omitted this information.

£750.00 is the threshold for a BR petition.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If it was me in your position then I would be sending off a SAR to the original creditor to gain as much info as possible, and to see if they comply, if it is a 'credit' product then a CCA request won't do any harm either - as you may have read a SAR costs £10 (make sure you send any correspondence via recorded) I would send a postal order too. If you do get a stat demand or if anybody leaves a note saying they want to visit you, then keep us posted...

Hi

could someone advise

I have received a letter from aove solicitors about a credit card debt to CitiFinancial

headed bankruptcy warning it reads our client as asked us to review your case with a view to serving you a bankruptcy petition

and obtaining a bankruptcy order against you

this will mean you wil be declared bankrupt All of your assets including your share of the house will belong to the trustee in bankruptcy

they will establish the level of equity in my home and this may result in repossion is this correct many Thanks

Hicould someone advise I have received a letter from aove solicitors about a credit card debt to CitiFinancial headed bankruptcy warning it reads our client as asked us to review your case with a view to serving you a bankruptcy petition and obtaining a bankruptcy order against you this will mean you wil be declared bankrupt All of your assets including your share of the house will belong to the trustee in bankruptcy then goes on to say the they will establish the level of equity in my home and this may result in repossion is this correct many Thanks

Do you have another thread somewhere?

If not then you need to start from the beginning and explain a lot more than you have...

Two threads merged,

dillon21 please continue to post here regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It's a debt on a credit card citi I think I sent a sar a few years back but didn't receive anything back my main concern now is to stop a bankruptcy order should I offer a payment arrangement

Thank you

When was the last acknowledgment or payment to the account?

Assuming it is cca regulated when was it defaulted and do you have any documentation of the demand?

I think the BR figure is still £750.00.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The last payment was a few years and no I don't have any paper work should I reply and make an offer of a payment

Is it acting for Citi or has the debt been assigned?

Entirely up to you if you want to make an offer of payment.

Perhaps SAR to original creditor and CCA whoever is pursuing you for payment will establish the true quantum.

It's important to clarify not only your last acknowledgement of the debt but also the date it acquired a cause of action. Perhaps a statement of account served 6 years+ ago including a demand for total balance would satisfy s5 & s6 of the limitation act and may provide you with a case for SB.... assuming your 'few' is 6 or more (years).

Edited by Mike_hawk

• 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't replied before but hubby as been hospital for operation

the letter from the solicitors is dated 22nd November

I have had nothing in writing since lots of phone messages left

I'm very confused

should I send them an sar or citi

I'm sure I have done this before to citi

should I write to Wright Hasssall and tell them I have done this and received nothing back

I really can't have them going for my house

Pretty please can someone tell me what I should do I haven't replied or heard anything since original letter

Is there any CCJ for this debt ?

If not, have you ever received a statutory demand for this debt ?

Answers to these questions please.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No to the first question

And not sure abouth the second

Sorry

A statutory demand is a formal letter that is often hand served to a debtor, but can be posted at last resort, which states the amount of debt and which confirms that if the demand is not set aside by an application to a court within 18 days, that a petition for bankruptcy can folllow.

If you are not aware of a statutory demand, then perhaps one has never been issued. Without a CCJ, they cannot petition for your bankruptcy, without first issuing a statutory demand.

So at the moment, I don't think there is any immediate bankruptcy threat to deal with. BUT you should perhaps think about what you can do to help put yourself in a better position to be able to fight, should you need to.

1) Send a CCA request to the current owners of the debt

2) Send an SAR to the original creditors asking for all data held and copies of all statements of account.

3) If any PPI or excess charges, you should be looking to claim this back, once you have the SAR information.

Are you clear, what you need to do ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I think so but may need to get back to you if I get stuck is that ok

Yes.

If you click on CCA request in the last post, it links to the letter you need to send to the current debt owners. Don't forget to send them the £1 postal order which is the fee due to them.

For the SAR to the original creditors, click on the SAR link for the letter. You need to send them £10 as the fee due to them. Amend the SAR letter to ask for copies of all statements of account, as well as all other data held by them.

Edited by unclebulgaria67

• 1 year later...