cabot /morgan Claimform CITICARD-last year had a Wright Hassle SD attempt too!!

dillon21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cca's for what sorry?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Send them to whoever owns the debt, if Moorcrofts have bought it then send it to them if they are acting for Citi then send it to Citi.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Send them to whoever owns the debt, if Moorcrofts have bought it then send it to them if they are acting for Citi then send it to Citi.

No - you send the CCA to however is demanding money from you, they are then obliged to provide it themselves if they own the account, or forward it the account owner if not.

With a CCA you are asking several questions.

(a) Does the agreement still exist?

(b) If it does, is it likely to be enforceable?

© Does this company that has shown up out of the blue demanding money actually have any authority whatsoever to collect this debt? They are obliged in law to produce an enforceable CCA, (or get it from the creditor), if they can't - tell them to sod off.

David

• 2 weeks later...

then if the little darlins from moorcrap bother you again tell em to sod off..if they want to collect on the debt then they need to supply the paperwork...dont waste the price of the stamp just wait for 12 +2 days to be up and send them the you have failed to supply an agreement and the account is now in default letter

recevied postalorder and my letter requesting a cca back today telling me to send acca to citi cards as they will hold the information

Well write back to the idiots quoting

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity.

Remember the 12+2 working days are still running from the time of your first request, so if the time is up send the account indispute letter also. then leave the ball in there court. do not send any further letters until the comply or issue court papers, which is hardly unlikely

recevied postalorder and my letter requesting a cca back today telling me to send acca to citi cards as they will hold the information

Not an uncommon reaction from a DCA in trying to avoid their responsibilies and pass the buck.

Send it back to Moorcroft pointing out that as appointed agents for Citi, they are duty bound to forward the request to Citi and is in fact their legal responsibility to do so.

They have 12 + 2 days, (from when they 1st received your request), to produce the documents. When that period expires forward the Account in Dispute letter.

What it boils down to is, if they can't produce an enforceable CCA, then they have no standing to demand money from you.

In my own case, on various accounts I have dealt with and got rid of Moorcroft on three occassions. Frankly they're pratts.

David

THe 12+2 days is up so now do i send the in dipute letter even thou they have sent everything back to me also had the same thing from rw is there a template for a accont in dispute letter

There you go

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

THe 12+2 days is up so now do i send the in dipute letter even thou they have sent everything back to me also had the same thing from rw is there a template for a accont in dispute letter

Yep, as Alf pointed out, they've run out of time and........errr options.

David

• 11 months later...

This morning i have eceived papers from Northamptom cc from cabot on behalf of morgan solicitors for a credit card amount for4985.62

i have been through this process before

but what ever i did last time was incorrect

so please can someone jog my memory of what i should do

i dont think i have sent of for ane info so

how do i stop or hold up the court process

sorry to be a bit dim for people who have helped me before

Oh god this as all gone over my head and

i now relise why I propably got a judgement against me in Dec

Im way out of my depth

can you please tell me how to get the extension

do i ask the claimeant or the court

do I phone the claimant

this goes against all ive been told about engaging in conversation with them.

i received my papers Friday so

whats my first step

i need to acknowledge the papers

HELP PLEASE

i have already messed up once

and still have no idea what I did wrong

Please can somone help

i have not acknowledge the papers received last week

im very confused what my first step must be after losing the last case time is running out your help would be very helpful to buy n=me some more time

Help anyone please

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dillon,

perhaps the reason you are not recieving any responses, is because you haven't given any information about the claim.

1st step, acknowledge the claim online.

You then have 14 days to file a defence.

Are you disputing the amount ? Do you have a copy of your credit agreement ? Who was the original Creditor ? Have you been recieving statements ?

Depending on what documents you have or have not, and previous requests will determine the next step.

Debs

when i ackowledge

what parts do i fill in

I have kow credit agreement

the oruginal creditor was citicard

no statements

just letters from debt recovery

i do not know how to file a defence

What debbsy said was going to be my next points. However, the fact that you haven't communicated with Cabot before getting the claim form gives you a strong defence regardless of anything else.

As debbsy said you need to acknowledge service and say that you will be be defending the full amount.

Can you please type up the particulars of claim as well