ACS Law : GCB Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Allan, as an accountant and a valuable contributor to this thread, I wonder if you can answer this because it's puzzled me a bit.

Can you think of how a cheque made out to GCB Ltd could be cashed by anyone other than your client? To open a bank account for a Ltd company, (Here's me telling you what you already know lol:roll:) you need the memoranda and articles of association so I'm a bit hazy about how the money could be moving here. Perhaps you could enlighten us with some hypotheticals using the advantage of your knowledge and experience - you know - some crazy ideas as to how this could all be set up without the knowledge of your client!!!!!!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Kurvaface,

A company with some completely different name could satisfy their bankers that they are “Trading as GCB” – they might even prepare letterhead, e.g. “Good Causes Bureau Limited, trading as GCB Ltd” ... from there it is an easy step. Some years ago a man called, I think, Henry M Tower worked for the ticketing or gift shop at the Tower of London and was able to bank £000s in cheques made out to “H M Tower”! (he returned the money to illustrate how poor their controls were, but the DoE were not amused).

If these people put their ingenuity into legitimate enterprise, they and everybody else would be a lot better off.

That's along the lines of how I thought it might be done which leaves me thinking even more that this is a matter for the police!

There is no doubt in the posted letter that this is GBC ltd contacting you. There is no suggestion it is a "trading as" situation. I am 100% convinced this is a fiddle.

Edited by kurvaface

That's along the lines of how I thought it might be done which leaves me thinking even more that this is a matter for the police!

There is no doubt in the posted letter that this is GBC ltd contacting you. There is no suggestion it is a "trading as" situation. I am 100% convinced this is a fiddle.

I'm with you to a point... but how did they get the details of from ACS that contain the Claim Ref?

If it is a fiddle, then it's one very close to home and I would think involves the usual group of sinners.

They are all linked to acs by mr miller, who has the GBC tennancy in holmborn house!

Seems like you have worked out how this has been set up. I suppose the next step is for those interested to alert those that may wish to be made aware of this.

I think you touched on an important point earlier. Would the various ISP's including Sky be happy that the data released on their customers under a court order, had now been passed on to a limited company? A company that was registered at companies house as having a nature of business as "transport via railways".

Not sure of any restrictions on the use of the data imposed by the court, but could be worth looking into. Surely the data could not be passed onto any Tom, Dick or Harry ?

The ICO would surely be interesed in how GCB Ltd can firstly legally hold the data and how they are using it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As threads go... this one is attracting alot of interest - it's had 2000 hits over the weekend! I wonder if Allan has involved the police yet? I would certainly find it extremely alarming if my company was even indirectly associated with something like this.

Anyway, some one from Ireland is phoning me shortly............

Edited by kurvaface
libel

I think this might be an up and coming company, worth keeping an eye on.......

Name & Registered Office:

FUNCTIONAL FRESHMENT LLP

43 WHITFIELD STREET

C/O GATEWAY PARTNERS

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W1T 4HD

Company No. OC360183

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 10/12/2010

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Limited Liability Partnership

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

None Supplied

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)

Next Accounts Due: 10/09/2012

Last Return Made Up To:

Next Return Due: 07/01/2012

Previous Names:No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.UK Establishment Details There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.Oversea Company Info There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

As regards todays hearing at the Patents County Court regarding the 27 claims.

Initial reports are that defendants, some represented, have turned up as has the BBC. It is not said whether the claimant has showed.

It is also said that at the very last minute, all 27 defendants received letters discontinuing the claims, with some people receiving letters on Saturday morning.

Edited by JKDE2008
Typo

We are keeping our client advised of all posts to this thread so that they can take whatever action they decide is best.
I have no way of knowing whether or not your client knowingly colluded with an 'associate' apparently from ACS:Law but the idea of someone 'lending' their company to someone else without knowing what 'venture' it was going to be used for is frankly incredible.

I appreciate the posts you have made to this forum and hope that you make more, giving updates.

Incidentally, what was it that caused you to visit this site in the first place?

@kurvaface, zoomboy & others - thanks for your efforts investigating this [problem] - I wish you well.

As a matter of interest, I think that it might help if from time to time, someone were to summarise the information to date. To that end, I offer the following very rough starting point (template ):

Companies:

Davenport Lyons

ACS:Law

GCB Ltd.

Media C.A.T. Ltd.

Piri Ltd.

Pixton Technologies Ltd.

Result Systems Ltd.

GCH ??

Champion Financial Advisors Ltd.

People:

Andrew Crossley

Lee Bowden

Jonathan Miller

David Fisher

Terence Tsang

Adam Glenn

Clem Vogler

Sarah ?

Allan Reid

McLean Reid

1 Forstal Road

Aylesford

Kent

ME20 7AU

Nature of Business : Transport via railways

Allan Reid

Senior Lecturer

Room C394, Marylebone

0207 911 5000 ext. 3030

crmclr said "Mclean Reid can confirm that they are cancelling the registered office facility for GCB Ltd and have contacted the various regulatory authorities and other interested parties.

We also confirm that we have no connection whatsoever with ASB Law (sic), its directors or shareholders."

MEDIA C.A.T. Ltd.

c/o Gateway Partners

43 Whitfield Street

London

W1T 4HD

Nature of Business : Other entertainment activities

Media C.A.T. Ltd. are a cheque cashing service

Forwarding address for Media C.A.T. Ltd is: Grind Hall, Wood End Green, Henham, CM22 6AY

Which is also the address for Piri Ltd.

The Piri Ltd. MD is Lee Bowden

Crossley and Bowden seem to be associated?

Lee Bowden (approx 40) lives at Grind Hall

Wife = Samantha (allegedly in remission from cancer)

Dog = Frodo

>1 son (probably 3?)

Property Developer

(Uttlesford District Council)

Rivers Hospital [in High Wych] - Helen Rollason charity

Piri Ltd.

c/o Company Secretary

7th Floor, The Tower Building

York Rd.

London

SE1 7NX

Nature of Business : Other software consultancy and supply + Other business activities

Champion Financial Advisors Ltd.

1 Forstal Road

Aylesford

Kent

ME20 7AU

Nature of Business : Other financial intermediation

Previous names: Pixton Technologies Ltd. / Result Systems Ltd.

(kurvaface) Just phoned the 0203 number on the letter, they gave Hobson's address but said to make cheque payable to GCB Ltd. He also said the director is someone called David Fisher

"According to companies house, the single director of GCH is a David Fisher who was appointed several years ago when the company was created. Perhaps McLean Read need asking if the David Fisher that presumably is their client that they set the company up for and who is unaware as to what is going on, is the same David Fisher whose name is being provided as the director of the company when callers call the number on the correspondance."

GCH - what is this?

Mr. Miller & GCB (probably Jonathan Miller from ACS:Law?)

From TorrentFreak:

"Please don’t forget that it was SKY BROADBAND that harvested IP addresses for ACS Law. If you are using SKY, maybe it is time to switch to BE Broadband."

"BE did a deal with ACS:LAW to sell their customer’s IP addresses too. Only TalkTalk come out of this with any credit. Virgin stopped selling their customer’s data but only after receiving loads of complaints. Every other UK ISP did a deal with Crossley."

hi kurvaface

i have recieved one of these letters demanding payment of £475. i am not computer litteratae and need some help or advice of what to do i have emailed the sra about it but what should i do with this letter

cheers mate

p.s hope you dont mind me asking but it just sounds like u know what u r talking about. thanks again

hi kurvaface

i have recieved one of these letters demanding payment of £475. i am not computer litteratae and need some help or advice of what to do i have emailed the sra about it but what should i do with this letter

cheers mate

p.s hope you dont mind me asking but it just sounds like u know what u r talking about. thanks again

I assume you didnt recdeive a leytter from ACS then ?. There is tons of advice on the web and a huge thread here at CAG somewhere (not this one), advice varies from not responding at all, (at least not untill a genuine letter before action is received) or sending a letter of denial (there are plenty of templates avialable, although it may be best to personalise it a bit).

As far as current events go, I would recommend waiuting and seeing what happens with:-

a) GCB Ltd, The whole issue regarding this company is very fishy and it is not clear if they even have any sort of authority to ask you for any money, it may be there is something fraudulant/illegal going on.

b) Today's court case.

Either way the end result is it is very very unlikley that any serious legal action would be taken against you, so go spend your £475 on something more deserving and not these bunch of crooks.

Andy

@yantto

Can you post up some details from your letter....company name, any registration numbers, phone numbers, addresses etc. ot better still, can post up the letter minus your details and exact figures.

Edited by kurvaface

Hi, I thought it was about time I finally logged in and thanked everyone who adds to these threads and helps calm my nerves every time. I have had four letters from ACS/ GCB, and coming on and reading from experts and other victims have helped me no end, the time and effort you guys put in is really appreciated.

I am very interested in today's court case and would appreciate all updates anyone hears about it, I hope it bury's these crooks once and for all.

I don't know if this has been pointed out anywhere else, but does anyone find it strange that the ACS Law website doesn't seem to exist any more? I can't find it via google and the link on the wiki page claims it as a dead link. I think this more than anything must prove that they are losing their battle.

Anyway thanks again guys, your efforts do not go unappreciated.

thanks andy

yes i did recieve a letter from acs in september last year and wrote them a letter of denial and heard nothing from the until today when i recieved this letter from gcb. i will put the information in the letter on here for you to see later as i have to go to work now

thanks again mate

Good stuff yantto.

OK.

As far as I can establish, the bank account number and sort code provided in the letter offering to transfer funds belongs to GCB ltd registered at Allan's business.

So Allan.....

As you are being so straight and honest with us, and you have bucketfulls of masterful wisdom, could you give us another alternative crazy (But almost feasable) way that your client could have a business bank account that he doesn't know about. We invite you to give us his trading address. If anything, I am suprised you haven't done this as it keeps the fingers pointing to you. Do GBC's bank statements go to you or him?

Name & Registered Office:

GCB LIMITED

1ST FLOOR HOLBORN GATE

330 HIGH HOLBORN

LONDON

ENGLAND

WC1V 7QT

Company No. 05687574

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 25/01/2006

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

6010 - Transport via railways

Accounting Reference Date: 31/01

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/01/2010 (DORMANT)

Next Accounts Due: 31/10/2011

Last Return Made Up To: 25/01/2010

Next Return Due: 22/02/2011

Last Members List: 25/01/2010

Previous Names:No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.UK Establishment Details There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.Oversea Company Info There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

GCB LIMITED

Company number: 05687574

Current Appointments

Number of current appointments: 2

SECRETARY: FISHER, MICHAEL JOHN STUART MR

Appointed: 25/01/2006

Date of Birth: 24/02/1963

Nationality: BRITISH

No. of Appointments: 5

Address: [redacted]

WEST MALLING

KENT

Country/State of Residence: ENGLAND

DIRECTOR: FISHER, DAVID MR

Appointed: 25/01/2006

Date of Birth: 29/10/1960

Nationality: BRITISH

No. of Appointments: 18

Address: [redacted]

WORTH

WEST SUSSEX

Country/State of Residence: ENGLAND

Addresses redacted to keep things nice and safe.

Brothers?

Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 5:20 PM

To: Dave Fisher

Subject: FW: Letter {Scanned by vsl mailsafe}

David

Please see attached. I will speak with KSN to see if this hearing can be avoided by agreeing the award sum, which I will do in consultation with you.

Regards

Andrew