• Tweets

• First the fisherman and now the farmers.
    • mrs is staying back until her visa etc. is sorted and should be there in 2 months. so she should  be able to send/receive posts etc till mid of Aug-21
    • Hi, completed the following as best as possible, is the claim form the paploc letter or is this something else?    Name of the Claimant ?  Overdale Solicitors (Lowell)   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. Give answer here   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -    ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. Give answer here   What is the total value of the claim?  £386.69    Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes , received Paploc letter, responded with CAG reply form, requesting documentation, have already requested and received the original credit agreement, and full statement including all transactions, interest and fees. Have requested notice of assignment, and original default notice but have not received them.   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? yes.    Did you inform the claimant of your change of address?  yes.  Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Capital One credit card.   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After, 24th Oct 2014.   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? online through very catalogue site ( shop direct )    Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ?  yes.    Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. debt purchaser has issued the claim, purchased by Lowell Portfolio l ltd on 30/04/20   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I don’t think I have received anything titled notice of assignment however the first time I was made aware was 08/05/2020   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? I have no letters that were included in the SAR request from capital one, I have been receiving letters with the heading “statements of activity every 6 month since 29/09/2016. Why did you cease payments? Lost Job, was on Jobseeker’s Allowance couldn’t afford to pay, entered into repayment plan but with capital one, later arranged to pay through stepchange debt management plan, which ceased after I was unable to make the token payments of £1. What was the date of your last payment? 07/06/19   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no    Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  yes explained I was out of work and was struggling to pay, interest was frozen, was put on to repayment plan and later moved onto a debt management plan with stepchange, which stopped when I couldn’t afford to make he minimum token payment of £1.
    • Hi, he put land deed in his name, that’s how he got round his mortgage, I have now found judges order where I purchased his share of the property from official receivers, who have also confirmed his interest was passed on to me. when he went bankrupt, I have seeked legal advise as he remortgaged house which he doesn’t own so 2 counts of fraud one with false information to land registry and obtaining a mortgage fraudulently by not declaring he went bankrupt and his share of property being passed onto me in court, I have found the judges order at court where it transferred to me.
    • Breaking: Tariffs axed immediately on Australian beef and lamb, triggering fears that farmers will be sent ‘to the wall’ Small print – revealed by Canberra, but suppressed in London – reveals pledge to protect farmers for 15 years has (already) been dropped   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/australia-trade-deal-uk-brexit-b1866247.html
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Can I change from NPower on a prepayment metre to a different supplier.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me please? In August 2010 I moved into local authority accomodation where the gas and electric was supplied by N Power. In September I had prepayment metres fitted as I needed to keep a hold on my finances. I have been told that there are other cheaper gas suppliers than Npower and that I should be able to change easily enough, but will I be charged a change over fee by Npower as I had the metre fitted less than a year ago? I do not owe them any other money? Thank you for any useful advise. Eva M.

• 1 month later...