Another one for the HFO fan club!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cruel!

You can try an official complaint letter and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure. Complain that they are ignoring your letters and continuing to harass you. They will probably ignore this also which is more ammunition for OFT.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goes quiet for a few months then this lot pop back up.

Since April of this year I have followed up my complaint to OFT and forwarded the correspondence onto them.

This morning 0830 they call and get two words out of me ending in 'off'. Lunchtime they phone again, Wife answers (as u know Aspergers/Blind etc) and spoke to her and said that they need to speak to me about a debt (tsk tsk) and then went on to demand that she hand over her bank card details so that she can pay them, she told them where to go and wisely or not said she was blind. Thoughts anyone?

I know first thing Monday morning I will be contact OFT again, I think this time OFCOM and possibly the Police as that call H took....cheeky ****s!!!

Was this call from Roxburghe or HFO Capital? How did they identify themselves? Did you do a 1471 to get the number?

I suggest you call the OFT first thing tomorrow and ask to speak directly to Polly Ashford – 020 7211 5891 – [email protected] – and tell her what has happened. Then put the same in an email.

The account remains in dispute as they are in default of a valid CCA request. Therefore they should not be contacting you until they satisfy this statutory request.

Also, they have disclosed details of your debt to a third party, and have demanded money from that third party, who also happens to be a vulnerable individual.

All of these actions are very serious contraventions of OFT debt collection guidelines.

Did you ever get a letter from HFO Capital saying that Roxburghe are dealing with the alleged debt?

Hi DonkeyB, it was an 01932 number, known to me as Roxburgh. Had a letter from HFO telling me that Roxburgh are now dealing with this account and that all correspondence must be to them etc. Its not just H who is registered as vulnerable now...I was diagnosed at the end of January 2012 at the Maudsley with Aspergers Syndrome myself....so two of us!!!

Well, Roxburghe’s licence is also on the rocks. For some unfathomable reason, they seem to think they’re better than the HFO businesses (though they have been effectively owned and run by the same people – Nathan, Turnbull and Osner) and won’t lose their licence. The OFT will be very pleased to hear from you, I’m sure.

Think they're better than HFO eh? My Sisters dog's s**t is better than them any day. Sorry DB it was February I got the letter, had a letter since telling (asking) me to phone them and loads of calls. There seems to be a pattern, they are a pain for about a month then you hear nowt for several months...well this is Stat Barred in November 2013.

Presume that you have written and told them not to contact you by phone and also this account is 'in dispute' as they have not met your CCA request.

Would suggest a formal letter of Complaint stating the facts plus CC this to OFT

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• 1 year later...

Great news about TR, HFO & Roxburghe.

Anyway an update for you on this thread.

Turnbull Rutherford contacted me again recently and I sent them the Stat Barred letter as the account became SB in Nov 2013. Today I get a letter from Turnbull Rutherford, here is what it says:

Dear DC76

We act for HFO and refer to the outstanding debt owed to them.

According to our records you have defaulted on the repayment agreement that was previously agreed and set up.

We appreciate that this may be a simple oversight on your part and would therefor request that you contact us upon receipt of this letter so we can arrange to clear the arrears and re-confirm the arrangement.

If you are unable to pay this months installment due to change in your financial circumstances please call us to discuss how we can help you. It may be possible to re-schedule the payments for a short period. We will also happily discuss a discounted settlement offer for you.

Please do not ignore this notice. Should we not hear from you within 7 days of the date of this letter we are instructed to review the case for litigation and recover the money from you through the Court. This may include further legal costs and interest being added to the ammount that you owe.

We await your repsonse.

Yours Sincerely

Turnbull Rutherford Sols.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly this account is deffo Sat Barred, no arrangement has ever been made. Date of the letter is Feb 5th 2014. Sent the SB letter in November 2013, can you suggets a nice letter back to these delightful individuals?

They said the ammount to be paid to date is £1.00.

The only £1 is a postal order I sent for my CCA request in 2011 when HFO Services started chasing this account. In this follow up letter can I point out that they've had their licences chopped by the OFT?

Was there at any time a payment plan in place with any company within the limitations period of 6 years?

Send the SB letter again I have my doubts that the original was ever read back in Nov. given the "ducking and diving " going on at the time.

Confirm to them misappropriation od a statutory fee does not affect the limitation clock.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brigadier, no payment plan was ever made in 6 years. Do they ever read their letters at all?

When I get a few minutes I will be ringing OFT and updating.

I will be sending a short letter refering to my letter in Nov 2013 and providing them with a copy of it and mentioning that i made a CCA request in Jan 2011 and sent the the fee of £1.00.