Sherforce HCEO. Has Anyone Been Charged For a First Visit That They weren't aware of? Sherforce Reps are Private 'Tecs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The first I knew of Sherforce was a a fairly aggressive phone call demanding large sums off me suggesting that I'd been visited some days before and I owed them x thousands. To be honest I thought it was a sc*m phone call or a hoax until he mentioned the name of someone I was in dispute with. When the representative finally came again he passed a letter to me suggesting that I call him. It appears that this letter is something that should have been left first time, I certainly wasn't aware of anyone calling before so by the time I first properly knew anything about the amount they were trying to rip me off for, the bill had gone up by about 2,000 pounds.

Does everyone on the forum realise the person that claims to be a sheriff's office at your door isn't a Sherforce employee? Do you realise that they are probably a **** ball, unregulated private investigator many of whom are extremely dubious people. I know that some PI's are associated with bouncers, "security" companies and gangsters.

As far as the unknown first visit goes, it could be a one off bit of profiteering by the investigator or is it something that Sherforce routinely do to generate more potential income? I'd love to know.

Can I just steer you to the way HCEO's work.

A creditor who obtains a CCJ via the County Court over the amount of £600 has two options for enforcement.

1. They can put recovery out to a bailiff

2. They can put recovery out to HCE

If they opt for the second method, what happens is they contract an enforcement company and pay them to transfer the debt to the High Court. The contracted enforcement company then allocate an HCEO (in your case one of four) that named Officer is appointed by the Lord Chancellor to carry out enforcement of the writ of Fi'Fa'

That authorised Officer sits in the office and delegates the job to one a team of Officers throughout the Country who they have on retainer, they are not employed by Sherforce they merely do as they are told by them, if things go wrong however the authorised HCEO assiigned to the Writ is personally liable for any action taken in their name.

Sherforce claim these officers are "highly trained" but in reality I doubt if they give a damn how they carry out the instructions given to them as long as at the end of the day they get them a result. These Officers do not have to be registered to carry out High Court enforcement and come from many walks of life. I think looking back over many threads on the forum I cannot be accused of maligning Sherforce in having reached this conclusion and since I have experienced first hand a "robust" encounter with one of their "highly trained" Officers I can truly say... I speak from experience.

wd

• 1 month later...

I have had a letter from Sherforce which includes their fees which are massive, about 2K. I have had a copy of the regulations that they say is related to certain fees and most of their fees are under "section 12 Miscellanious" does anyone know what this is. Also they are charging me for services that they have not carried out.

Please help.

I have had a letter from Sherforce which includes their fees which are massive, about 2K. I have had a copy of the regulations that they say is related to certain fees and most of their fees are under "section 12 Miscellanious" does anyone know what this is. Also they are charging me for services that they have not carried out.

Please help.

welcome to CAG rattlywelshboy please use this link to start your own thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168