Residents Parking Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in October I was issued with a PCN for parking with my back wheels on the double yellow lines outside my house.

I have a residents permit for the car, and figured that it was late at night, the majority of the car was in the box and i was moving it in the morning, so would be fine just over night.

Anyway, at 8:09 i was clocked, heartbreaking really. Anyways, I appealed the fine as it just said 'contravening parking rules', so I figured I could just say the officer mustn't have seen my permit.

Time goes by and I just received my rejection of appeal letter, stating that I can make a formal appeal and if that is rejected, the fine will be £70 (instead of £35)

Anyway I attach a picture of the yellow lines i was parked over below. The line is broken and very unclear (although the parking officer took the picture of my vehicle over them from a flattering angle, this is what they actually look like.

2mpbod4.jpg

A friend said he appealed successfully against bradford council for the same issue, but this is Nottingham and I'm unsure of the actual law - If I want to make a formal appeal, I want to sound formal, stating the law they were contravening by not keeping up to the road.

another issue is that i sold the car in November so the registered owner, to whom which the notice of payment will be sent to is no longer me, but if they get that info from the DVLA will they get my details or the new owners?

Thanks in advance for any help

Anyways, I appealed the fine as it just said 'contravening parking rules', so I figured I could just say the officer mustn't have seen my permit.
There is no such contravention for a council PCN, what exactly did the ticket say, most likely is:

01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

Have you received the Notice To Owner or merely a letter of rejection?

another issue is that i sold the car in November so the registered owner, to whom which the notice of payment will be sent to is no longer me, but if they get that info from the DVLA will they get my details or the new owners?
This is completely irrelevant, if they have replied to your appeal they already know who you are. It doesn't matter who owns the car now.

There is no such contravention for a council PCN, what exactly did the ticket say, most likely is:

01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

Have you received the Notice To Owner or merely a letter of rejection?

This is completely irrelevant, if they have replied to your appeal they already know who you are. It doesn't matter who owns the car now.

I cant remember what the pcn was for but the letter says 'contravention of the parking regulations and on double yellow lines'

I'm at uni, and the car was registered to my mum, so its not the address at where i got the pcn.

thanks

The DYL although poor are not completely obscure and the council are extremely unlikely to cancel on that basis alone, especially as this is where you live and have a residents permit ie you weren't unaware of the restrictions. Taking it further to adjudication would be a gamble, unless the discount no longer applies, in which case you would have nothing to lose.

Have they extended the discount period? if so until when?

You could post on Pepipoo.com, they are the experts. You will need to scan the ticket (both sides) plus any pics of the DYL, bays and signs

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Just so long as you know that will cost the owner twice as much!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.