Student finances mistake made my fiancee fail degree.

Danbert
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My fiancée finished her university course last year but had problems with the student finance system. Basically student finances were trying to send her loan to the wrong university (the one she sat her first 2 years at) so her uni wouldn’t release her results etc. she had been trying to sort this with student finances from the start of her final year as she had noticed their mistake. They told her it was ok but when it came to results time she couldn’t get hers. She’s constantly been on the phone to them since to resolve it but it has taken them until today (11/1/11) to release her results and other letters on the matter. She found out that she missed out on one module by 2 marks but could get these marks in by Oct 2010 and still pass. Obviously this is too late now as the deadline is way in the past. So because of their mistakes she has failed her degree when it could have been easily sorted if her letters were released in time. Could you advise where she would stand on this matter? Is there a possibility that she could somehow appeal this and still get the marks in to pass? If not will she still have to pay her loan back when they have caused this? I thank you in advance for any help you can give on this matter.