Big question about registration

Guest anotherfakename

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest anotherfakename

Given that I've created a hotmail account for the specific purpose of signing up, provided a fake name (anotherfakename) and given no details about myself why is it that this forum seems to think it needs a registration and information trawl??????

Especially given the US governments approach to facebook et al to track down details of wikileaks supporters it must by now be clear to ALL those involved in any forums likely to pit them against the 'establishment' that having personal information about any of the people involved is dangerous - both to the web organisation and the people involved.

Here the consumer action group is a group of people likely to take some action (from not paying taxes to closing accounts, maybe more) against 'the establishment', taking and storing their personal information is neither necessary nor sensible. So why do it?

anotherfakename welcome to The Consumer Action Group community.

You haven't received any replies to your problem yet so you might be better off posting your story again directly in the sub-forum which deals with your kind of situation. You will get lots of support there.

Also, spend some time looking round the forum. Once you understand the layout, you will be able to get best use from this Consumer Community. It is a big forumm and may take some time. But it will be worth doing.

Good luck.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Given that I've created a hotmail account for the specific purpose of signing up, provided a fake name (anotherfakename) and given no details about myself why is it that this forum seems to think it needs a registration and information trawl??????

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. To register on CAG all you need is a User name and an email address and only the User name is seen by other users. Any other information you enter is purely voluntary and it is entirely your decision

.. and to add, I don't see what not paying taxes has to do with this forum. I think that the problem might be that you have come to the wrong place altogether.