SAMPLE LETTER TO THE HALIFAX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI CAN SOMEONE HELP.

I HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD BY THE HALIFAX THAT AS THEY COULD NOT PAY A DD (I WAS £2 SHORT) THEY HAVE CHARGED ME £39, JUST BEEN SENT ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING THAT THEY HAVE ADDED £28

IS THERE ANY SAMPLE LETTER THAT I CAN USE TO GET MY CASH BACK

CHEERS

ANDY

There is a link to a sample letter in the faq's. I've done mine today!

Also -could anyone please tell me why the only time you're allowed to go overdrawn on a cardcash account - even when it is regulerly funded with over £1700 per month - is when the halifax want their money?

Guest Alison82

Sorry it's a bit off track; but I just remembered when the Halifax used to charge me £35 if there wasn't enough at the end of the month to cover my £2 DD to th NSPCC !!

Now that beggers belief :?

Smile: £2,522 full payment received,

Citi Cards: £693.71 balance written off. Full value of Court claim,

West Brom Building Society: DPA request sent 15.05.06,

Capital 1: £220 claimed LBA sent 15.05.06.

Barclaycard: DPA request sent 16.05.06

How about this for a rip off.

On the 2/2/06 I was sent a paper free letter from Halifax saying they have refused to pay a DD, they charged me £39, thus taking me over my agreed o/d. I was then charged another £28 on 8/2/06 due to unauthorised o/d that they created. Another £30 charged on 16/02/06 for paying a cheque of £4.70, another £30 charged on 15/02/06 for a cheque of £1.99, in 13 days £118 in charges.

I have written a standard letter to the Halifax last Thursday to date I have had no contact. Shall I send them a reminder or just go direct to court?

I am going to take this all the way and I could not care a toss if they close my account

How about this for a rip off.

On the 2/2/06 I was sent a paper free letter from Halifax saying they have refused to pay a DD, they charged me £39, thus taking me over my agreed o/d. I was then charged another £28 on 8/2/06 due to unauthorised o/d that they created. Another £30 charged on 16/02/06 for paying a cheque of £4.70, another £30 charged on 15/02/06 for a cheque of £1.99, in 13 days £118 in charges.

I have written a standard letter to the Halifax last Thursday to date I have had no contact. Shall I send them a reminder or just go direct to court?

I am going to take this all the way and I could not care a toss if they close my account

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
hi does anyone know the addresse to the halifax of where isend my first letter

Hello Quantrell

Welcome to CAG, I notice this is your first post. So that we and you don't lose track of your progress can you please post a new post here and cal it Quantrell V Halifax

Good luck,

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks