• Tweets

• Annoying as it is, people can order food delivery, eat it, and claim a refund, so how can you persuade them that isn't the case here? how are you going to show that in your case you didn't eat the food as it was so bad?   Did you contact the takeaway (at the time) as well as Just Eat, and tell them the food wasn't to standard?? If so, what did they say?.   In a restaurant the diner has the ability to leave the poor food, and bring it to the attention of the serving staff. Not an option in the case of a delivery (except if you take it back to the provider, which negates the point of delivery, but does make it plain there is a major quality issue).   I doubt you'll get the whole £27 back, and how much effort do you want to put in, for the expectation of how much refund?.   £27 (at most!)?. Leave them a poor review, don't order from them again, and move on..........    
    • Yes, quite distinct difference Scotlands first minister does seem to quite clearly demonstrate she understands the reasons, the personal situations and have real sympathy in stark contrast to Johnson the Liar and Handcock   and I note MP's are still getting away with breaking rules when they should be both leading by, and punished as examples   https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dups-sammy-wilson-caught-on-camera-without-face-mask-on-public-transport-39559186.html   Despite clearly being shown sat reading something, with more reading matter readily available, Wilson claims he only 'momentarily took his mask off to answer a telephone call and 'denied witness claims he did not wear a mask for the entirety of his tube journey from Westminster to Heathrow   Wilson has repeatedly railed against face masks 'muzzles' and declared himself being reported as “like East Germany under the Stasi”       https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dups-sammy-wilson-caught-on-camera-without-face-mask-on-public-transport-39559186.html   Interesting that honourable MP's and even some advisors have resigned for less.. Nicola Sturgeons' for example.
    • I don't think there'll be any problem if and when it gets in front of a judge. However I think that there is a big possibility that enforcement is going to be a nightmare. I hope not
    • Keep the sarcasm for when you are sat in front of a Judge. See how far you get with that.   H
    • 1 post   #5   17 hours ago, Peterbard said:   Well. l He didn't just use the video for evidence, if he had, it wouldn't be on u-tube. Not that I object to that but just to correct your point. If he would have come here and I would have seen it , I would undoubtedly recommend an action in tort. But I get the feeling that such a low key remedy was not what you were after.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3232 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The train companies should be able to retain our personal information...  

14 Caggers have voted

1. 1. The train companies should be able to retain our personal information...

• Strongly agree
    • Agree
    • Not sure
    • Disagree
    • Strongly disagree

Yesterday I received a £20 penalty fare at Waterloo. Later that day I discovered that the ticket inspectors are supposed to offer you the chance to pay the penalty fare upfront- this one didn't, he insisted upon me giving my details of address so that SWT could bill me the fare which is a real inconvenience as I'm at University and don't live at home much these days. When I asked him if I could pay it upfront he said that I couldn't because he'd already started filling out the form- but this is not in line with SWT policy on penalty fares. I've heard that the penalty fare can be paid online but I'm still irritated that SWT now have me on record and can use this case against me in the future. Have I been mistreated here? Is there such a thing as appealing against the unfair retention of my personal information? Would I be likely to succeed in such an appeal? Thanks.

Hi AJ

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise you as soon as they are available.

Edited by MARTIN3030

Whether you pay 'up front' or later, he is still entitled to request your details. I am surprised that he didn't accept your full payment, if it was 'on offer'. However, the penalty fare schemes do not allow 'collectors' to demand full payment on the spot. (They may ask, they may not 'demand') There are also many circumstances where they are required to consider your welfare over 'collection'.

Edited by MARTIN3030

They are entitled to keep your details for a 'reasonable time'. The word 'reasonable' is one of those wonderfully imprecise words. I suspect that the data may be kept for about 7 years, unless you do 're-offend', in which case, it could be kept for a similar length of time from the date of the fresh offence. However, they need to have a reason to keep it.

Edited by MARTIN3030
Yesterday I received a £20 penalty fare at Waterloo. Later that day I discovered that the ticket inspectors are supposed to offer you the chance to pay the penalty fare upfront- this one didn't, he insisted upon me giving my details of address so that SWT could bill me the fare which is a real inconvenience as I'm at University and don't live at home much these days. When I asked him if I could pay it upfront he said that I couldn't because he'd already started filling out the form- but this is not in line with SWT policy on penalty fares. I've heard that the penalty fare can be paid online but I'm still irritated that SWT now have me on record and can use this case against me in the future. Have I been mistreated here? Is there such a thing as appealing against the unfair retention of my personal information? Would I be likely to succeed in such an appeal? Thanks.
As Wriggler stated, the staff are entitled to request your details regardless, as you didn't have a valid rail ticket. Your post worries me a little, as I fear you are of the impression you were given a Penalty Fare, where in fact, you were reported for an alleged offence. Were you given the necessary Penalty Fare paperwork? Some Revenue folk aren't as clear as maybe they should be when reporting somebody. The person being reported should be told, in no uncertain terms "I'm reporting you, as I believe offences might have been committed" and also that "This is not a Penalty Fare matter".

I strongly agree with them holding details, as it helps to combat fare evasion. Even if you'd have paid up-front, the staff are entitled to, and really should but often don't, take your details, for the sole reason I meantioned about combatting fare evasion.

I think Stigy may possibly have hit the nail here.

You say you were 'given a £20 penalty fare'

Did you sign a numbered form, which was then handed to you?

The form will say on it when the appeal must be made, or penalty must be paid by. (If a penalty fare notice was issued yesterday you would have until 30th of January.)

If you were not given the form it is likely that you have been reported.

• 10 months later...

funny how the ones who have voted against the poll are all fare evaders.......

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.

Hi guys. I keep finding this thread highlighted in bold and saying there's a new reply, but when I click on it, there's an old message, today it's RPI from 16/11.

Is it because there's a poll on the thread?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3232 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you