cancelling online contracts..

xxorlsxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

i'll keep it short, i payed for something online and all went well, but i found out that a company called NOCHEX processed the payment and i read some bad reviews about them so i went to the T's & C's to see how to cancell the contract but there is no cancellation clause!

I'm sure there are rules about this can anyone point me in the right direction on this please?

Any help on this issue would be great.

Cheers.........

yes you are covered by the DSR - you should receive a refund in full if cancelling within 7 days

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Section 7(a)(vi) of the UK Distance Selling Regulations requires that the supplier informs the consumer that the right to cancel exists.

When a supplier fails to do so, that is a strict liability criminal offence because of section [/url]6(4)(g) of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

8)

Section 7(a)(vi) of the UK Distance Selling Regulations requires that the supplier informs the consumer that the right to cancel exists.

When a supplier fails to do so, that is a strict liability criminal offence because of section [/url]6(4)(g) of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

8)

Sorry, but where does it become a criminal offence?

Section 10. of Part 3 of the CPUTRs makes it an offence:

10. A trader is guilty of an offence if he engages in a commercial practice which is a misleading omission under regulation 6.

-----

Section 17 reverses the burden of proof; an offender has to prove his innocence to get off.

P.S.

Here is the Guidance from the OFT:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/cpregs/oft1008.pdf

see Chapter 12

8)

Edited by perplexity
  • Haha 1

OK, that looks quite good.

They think I make it all up and I can understand why they do, because of the extraordinary reluctance of the OFT to prosecute, or at least to broadcast the truth of it but those are the facts the matter.

Discerning that regular contributors here were not yet up to date, what chance for the consumer at large?

:smash: