Moorcroft chasing Lloyds loan now sold to 1st credit

intend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks. If it was me, BB, I would probably stop paying, but fear my daughter would not sleep if it was just up in the air.

Will probably CCA Crabot. Do not believe sufficient proof of debt sale with a dodgy letterhead. Will tell them not paying until CCA supplied and have confirmation of debt sale direct from Lloyds.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dodgeletterhead is ok

it can be sent by the debt buyer on a copy of there paperwork

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheers DX - really just annoyed they sold it and then did not write to me directly, 4 months after the sale. Never disputed the debt - Lloyds terminated the CC and I successfully reclaimed the interest they charged after termination and have paid then on the dot every month.

Will probably have to bite the bullet and just carry on paying . Still minded to write to them and complain, asking them to justify the sale.

About to look at the loan which could be much more of an issue - will summarize the situation and post up details later.

Thanks as ever

Now for details on the loan which is more worrying

Last payment made Oct 2010 - sent CCA request but unable to supply to account in dispute - various DCA involved, none successful. Notice of Assignment from Lloyds date Nov 2013 to 1st Credit. No acknowledgment to them.

Then out of the blue, letter last week, from 1st Credit, saying the account has been now been reassigned back to Lloyds. As yet nothing from Lloyds.

Should I be worried??

The loan has PPI on it, which I have held back claiming for( success for son-in-law on another loan and his CC) and about to try to reclaim for packaged account believe to be mis-sold (started awhile ago but health issues slowed me down a little and all was quite and the family living happliy in poverty thanks to CAG rather than the daily hassle of dealing with debt issues)

Any advice welcome. Is it usual for debts to be bought back like this - could they have located the agreement?

Cheers BB - not sure my daughter sees it quite like you, I,m not too worried as sure we can manage it. Guess will just have to wait and see what turns up. Still puzzled why they would take it back.

Could be something in the sale of the portfolio, if they fail to make a profit out of the debtor, then they flog it back to the OC.

As I never deal with DCA's and have always informed the OC's that I will ONLY pay them direct, some keep hold of it, others flog it on

and payments stop.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cabot must be really felling those trees - another letter thanking for maintaining the repayment plan. Strange - not paid them a penny yet - all payments been to Lloyds - next due end next week - inclined to pay in a Lloyds as usual.

Cabot say good opportunity to update current situation and that they have a responsibility to make sure the plan is affordable and fair!! Just wanting contact I guess.

Well I will decide what is affrodable, as for fair, in this industry not a word I would use.

I wouldn't pay them a penny either!

If Royds are taking payments then let sleeping dogs lie IMO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Well - walked into local Lloyds branch - handed over the cash and the paying in slip - gladly accepting my coins of the realm. Lets wait and see.

Nothing heard from Lloyds about the loan since buy-back. Lets wait and see - ppi claim ready to go as soon as it kicks off serious, until then hope to reach SB.

Nothing heard from Lloyds about the loan since buy-back. Lets wait and see - ppi claim ready to go as soon as it kicks off serious, until then hope to reach SB.

Certainly, make them wish they'd never attempted to rattle your cage.

I am much more confident in my dealing with all those involved in this industry.

It's truly shocking that until you are forced into a corner by these outfits, that we blindly accept the way they treat us,

only when we learn the rules of the game, can we beat them and turn the tables.

You are ALWAYS in the driving seat and ALWAYS have control, they just don't want anyone to educate themselves and learn

just how terribly we're being treated.

Shakespeare's Shylock was more ethical, at least he was open and honest about his "pound of flesh"

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 4 weeks later...

Another meaningless missive from Cabot, given I have continued to pay Lloyds, thanking me for maintaining my payment plan. Yes I will continue MY payment plan and ignore the assignment/sale of my debt to these sharks and I shall continue to walk up to my local branch and pay the money in cash.

Just noticed on the letter that it says the current creditor is MFS Portfolio Limited - a new name to me. Guess I need to check them out.

did get a notice of assignment but on principle still paying Lloyds direct with no trouble. If they refuse payemnt will probably stop paying until "new" owner can prove i owe the debt.

I was in an agreement with them on which I never defaulted.

marlins financial services.

aka CABOT

Cabot Credit Management acquired rival Marlin Financial Group april 2014

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all - not posted for a very long time - reason - waiting for the loan to become statue barred.

Well I believe this now to be the case

- Lloyds bought back the loan some time ago but have done nothing.

According to my records last payment was 19th July 2011 and not acknowledged debt.

Hopefully daughter and son-in-law can sleep a bit easier now.

Still paying the CC at £5, but will look to reduce that

- they sold it long ago but still paid them

- nothing for a couple of years so now time to action, along with reclaiming packaged fees.

Feel confident to go after them now the loan is statute barred.

Thanks to all who have helped

Some advice needed re loan

Son-in-law had PPI imposed on this loan. Given it is SB, should I put in a claim??

Regards

Intend

AFAIK, PPI is completely separate to the loan, or should be?? SO don't think there should be any harm in reclaiming it??

But wait for others to guide you first!

Cheers BB, nice know you are still around with sound advice.

Like you say I would reclaim, but not for myself so have to take in wishes of daughter.

Lloyds still suck so likely to go after them and a packaged account reclaim.