Moorcroft chasing Lloyds loan now sold to 1st credit

intend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it means its been sold but not brought.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Just rec'd letter from Wescot re loan, confused as opens with "Thank you for your recent contact with regard to the above account". Just checked thread and sent the account in dispute letter to them late Sept. 2012. Reckon the nursery nurses must have made them have a long sleep after feeding them dinner.

Letter states they are investigating my query!!! and they will suspend all collections activity whilst investigation taking place - guess the colouring books and pencils been locked away, naughty children. "Process may take several weeks and we would appreciate your patience during this time" Tempted to reply with "please take all the tie you want, several years would be better as I am a very patient person"

Guess advice will be to a) ring them immediately and offer to pay them, or b) ignore. Decisions Decisions!!!

Intend

• 8 months later...

Hi All

Things been quiet for a while but son-in-law just received letter from LTSB notifying they have assigned all rights to 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd, who will now be the Data Controller of persoanal data contained in the records of this account. Also 1st Credit Limited will manage account.

Have no experience of this bunch. Any advice welcome as ever.

Account has been in dispute - no CCA received for the account. Would it have been sold as a job lot with no paperwork??

regards Intend

comment to site team - might it be wise to change thread name to "1st Credit bought LTSB loan"

just read another recent thread in which 1st credit just bought a LTSB loan - could have sold a batch perhaps.

Intend

yep that's what happens

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

got a couple of letter from 1sr Credit just before Christmas - ignored up til now - daughter very stressed and affecting her health badly.

First titled "We accept affordable arrangement offers" - inviting contact to agree repayment terms. Interesting that they quote Client as Lloyds Bank - despite allegedly buying the debt. Is this normal??

2nd letter offers discounts for paying with timescales.

As yet have totally ignored them since getting assignment letter. I am unsure about how to proceed. All advice welcome as ever.

About to look at PPI on the loans with a view to reclaiming - am sure son-in-law had more than one loan with LTSb so about to SAr them.

Intend

Intend- I had the same letter. Your next letter will also offer discounts by certain periods and then a further letter will ask the same except worded slightly differently.From my experience if reduced payment offer letters are sent then it usually indicates that they would have difficullty enforcing due to a number of reasons so use this tactic to get some sort of payment.

Thanks for replies -

As predicted DD

- couple more letters arrived

- first titled "Make us an offer"

- stating they have written on numerous occasions ( twice actually but for dumb DCAs this is the limit of their maths ability)

- go on to threaten passing account to a doorstep collector (at which point I always chuckle at Baz Boo and his I have no doorstep to collect retort)

- Also they included an Income and Expenditure form to complete.

Second letter titled "Discount Opportunity"

- now they

"intend to instruct a doorstep agent" to visit property then go on to say or alternatively they are prepared to offer a discount to pay.

Daughter stressed about home visit

- husband at work all day

- 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and has 2 young children.

Ford - thanks for input - account has been in dispute and been with Moorcrap, Wetcloth, CSL and Apex.

As yet not sent anything to 1st Crud - thinking either prove it letter as they now claim to own debt,

yet still quote LTSB as client, or the Account in dispute letter.

All advice welcome

Guess need to get something sent to stop them calling - seen something on CAG to stop them in their tracks - will look around other threads.

Cheers - Intend

maybe then continuing with the 'dispute', sort of starting all over again as they now own - eg prove it/cca request type incorporating no acknowledgments, no visits, no calls? what do you think?

alternatively, could consider negotiation. or continue to ignore for now (but note that they now own so is up to them, not the original creditor, to decide what to do)

Edited by Ford

Another letter today. A whopping 30% discount if i pay within 24 hours...yeah right....im not falling for that one! On the same threatogram it also states that if this fantastic offer is not taken then a doorstep agent will be sent around....oh dear.....

Cheers Ford - was thinking along same lines - not inclined to ignore, daughter very stressed, but send the prove it letter and as you say start all over again and take it one letter at a time.

Am tempted to change address so letter come direct to my house - both me and OH can handle these.

DD - seems we are on the same timeline with this bunch - will keep you posted on developments and respnses.

Off to type up the prove it letter and a SAR to LTSb.

Intend

Another missive arrives

- still talking about my LTSB account rather than their account

- misleading to say the least if bought by them.

"Would like to offer you a few options to get the debt resolved.

Would you be in a position to agree to one of them?"

- Err no!!

- affordable monthly installments or seek advice from a non fee Debt Management Company.

- give 3 firms.

Intend

std letter chain

dx

and they

Cheers Ford - was thinking along same lines - not inclined to ignore, daughter very stressed, but send the prove it letter and as you say start all over again and take it one letter at a time.

Am tempted to change address so letter come direct to my house - both me and OH can handle these.

DD - seems we are on the same timeline with this bunch - will keep you posted on developments and respnses.

Off to type up the prove it letter and a SAR to LTSb.

Intend

thats the thing, when they sell things on they don't pass on any further details such as any complaints/disputes/issues etc, so its sort of starting over.

don't recall atm, is this close to statute bar? and the 'dispute' was re no agreement/cca request response? any missold ppi?

Cheers Ford - not close to SB- dispute was no agreement - think has ppi on it , just starting process

Agree its like staring over so was torn between the prove it route or the "aacount in dispute route - not sure of implications of OC selling a debt that is in dispute.

not sure of implications of OC selling a debt that is in dispute.

Pretty much it shouldn't be done, the OFT guidelines state this, but as par the course OFT DCG go unnoticed and carry little or no weight.

Although a complaint should always be made to the OFT regarding the ignorance of their guidelines.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers Ford - not close to SB- dispute was no agreement - think has ppi on it , just starting process

Agree its like staring over so was torn between the prove it route or the "aacount in dispute route - not sure of implications of OC selling a debt that is in dispute.

ok, not close to SB. would think then prove it/cca request type letter, see what they come back with. they'll prob have to refer back to loyds, so things should go on 'hold' then. include in letter no acknowledgments, no visits, no calls. in meantime do that sar and see what the situ is re any missold ppi.

generally, seems that if an original creditor doesn't take action themselves, then they'll just take the escape route and sell things on regardless. so if no contact with an original creditor after it has done their dca collection rounds, then is likely to be up for sale.