• Tweets

• Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer and that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim and don't add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the members of suggested above – it should be the final version. court, that I would respectfully requestup but I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Moorcroft chasing Lloyds loan now sold to 1st credit

intend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cheers CB - realise they are in-house. Just rec'd another letter from BLS. Will digest tonight and post up contents for advice.

Intend

OMG.. dont eat it.. you will get indigestion or something equally unpleasant :lol:

I issued a claim against LTSB in respect of non compliance of a SAR. BLS had been involved somewhere along the line and the Judge was not impressed at all with their "record" keeping !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:CB - too late - normally good stuff goes in and nowt good comes out, in this case was hoping to reverse the process. Letter looks like threat'o'gram.

Letter starts off with "wrote to you, can only assume due to lack of contact, that you have no intention of paying this debt on a voluntaty basis" - Muppetts - if they could be *asked to check, paid 2 months at a branch with no credit card statement, just account details, as per arrangement made last year.

Then "if you do not contact us be phone in 14 days, you WILL force us to commence legal action against you" - note not a may but a will - this this significant??? - I tend to think not but advice welcome.

Mentions additional costs of minimum of £155 - scare tactics??

Then "if a CCJ is obtained and you fall in arrears (my bold) we are likely to ask the court to enforce the judgment by A) Warrant of Execution - bailiffs take goods, B) An Attachment of Earnings, C) A charging order - no worries son-in-law and daughter rent.

She was quiet upset at A and B but assured her a long way from court and latter actions only apply if fall in arrears. Told her, given circumstances a judge would not order repayment more than current, probably less as their income has declined.

Hope this was sensible advice - just looked at a link to page about new having to adhere to existing repayment plans, backed by COBS/BCOBS and esstopel, given by CB i think.

Inclined just to write and point out - I am paying, want to pay, will pay - but less than current due to change in circumstances and asking how I can pay with the cash I have in my hand.

Intend

Edited by intend
spelling

Cheers Ford an CB - will take note of poor record keeping. So far not communicated with them - just LTSB - letter of complaint about them requesting I borrow to pay off this debt still outstanding. Also my complaint to SCM from last year was not addressed, copy of letter sent to LTSB as they requested this as I complined about this in my original complaint. Keep the pressure on I say!!

In my letter to BLS, will not only tell them what I will pay and ask how, but will also write a nice letter of complaint. Then if no response will hold it back should it go to court. Thanksfor the info on your court case CB.

Intend

Inclined just to write and point out - I am paying, want to pay, will pay - but less than current due to change in circumstances and asking how I can pay with the cash I have in my hand.

IMO, and if it were me I wouldn't write to them at all, they have not read your last letters, besides what you have received is nothing more than the bog standard childish letters they foolishly spit out in the hope of getting some fan mail!

You keep sending them a response, they in turn will send you pointless pieces of paper spouting all sorts of nonsense and fairy tale stories because it keeps them amused, I would just let them get on with whatever it is they do to amuse themselves, don't bite, pay what you can and ignore their childish comments, keep a diary of events with a view to taking them to the cleaners in the future, and obviously awarding them with some more bad press.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers Ford an CB - will take note of poor record keeping. So far not communicated with them - just LTSB - letter of complaint about them requesting I borrow to pay off this debt still outstanding. Also my complaint to SCM from last year was not addressed, copy of letter sent to LTSB as they requested this as I complined about this in my original complaint. Keep the pressure on I say!!

In my letter to BLS, will not only tell them what I will pay and ask how, but will also write a nice letter of complaint. Then if no response will hold it back should it go to court. Thanksfor the info on your court case CB.

Intend

thats just it. a complaint to bls will prob not go to 'bls'. and where it goes they prob won't tell bls. even if it is recorded on the system somewhere, bls prob won't see it or take any notice. all automated. bls doesn't 'exist' as such apart from a hard drive somewhere with a load of template letters on automation. the tel no on their letters goes to their collections centre in india! and they prob won't know what's going on!

Edited by Ford

Sorry BB going to ignore your advice (which have never done) but will use your "thanks for requesting an I&E statement, I done my own and can now only afford £x per month" due to governments austerity measures (sorry Cam now calls it efficiency measures) aimed at keeping your bank (sorry our bank) in business. Will keep reducing it by a £1 till they agree,

Letter will be aimed at creating a paper trail if it goes to court. It will cover all letter rec'd from them ( I have ignored them to date til OC advised they have set them on me. Main points of formal complaint-

• don't respond to unknown organisations demading money
  • will only communicate in writing so no phone calls.
  • they can advise LTSB to arrange a personal visit but will not answer to them (I have no doorstep to collect:-))
  • requesting payment by Credit Card is against OFT guidelines
  • they state that due to lack of contact that "I have no intention of paying this debt on a voluntary basis" does not fill me with confidence that they have adequate procedured to handle my account as I have continued to make the agrred payments
  • the threat of warrants a, attachment of earnings and charging orders is vexatious and designed to cause undue distress as not been to court and so not in arrears.
  • will ask for how they will facilitate my paying this debt to LTSB by wat of cash payments.
  • will copy letter to LTSB.

Trying to create a paper trail which might be useful after reading CB and Fords posts. BB be assured I will only pay what is afford.

Intend

Edited by intend
spelling

I think that is a good plan , Intend :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:) heard him say it yesterday. trying to avoid further talk of the 'double dip'. and blaming his coalition partners.

anyway, paper trail is a good idea. one dispute/complaint to bls should be enough to cover that. (note that 'bls' won't 'personally' reply to your letter, it's not in their template database, someone else will). bit of a rant there my last post re bls, from experience. :)

Edited by Ford

Letter of complaint sent to BLS (purely as a paper trail), told them a copy on its way to LTSB, plus told them what I would be repaying (as per BB) which is about half of what it was - increases in fuel and food prices - and asking how I can pay it in cash - no DDs for intend.

Cheers for all advice, will keep you posted of developments.

Intend

First post for awhile concerning loan - quick recap - NO CCA forthcoming from LTSB via Moorcroft - so Intend stops paying around start of 2011 after account in dispute letter sent. October 2011 Apex surface - quick letter to them nothing more heard.

Finally Feb this year CSL kindly write asking for settlement in 7 days, haha. Sent letter from library "Account in dispute and passed to another DCA". All quiet til today. New letter, short and sweet

"We are still waiting full details of your dispute and reason for non-payment"

"Will you kindly confirm whether you acknowledge opening the above account in your name, using our clients services and the balance according to your records"

"If you consider account subject to fraud, inform us so action can be taken"

Advice on how to proceed welcomed.

Intend

Hi Intend, time for the ''I can not confirm or deny

any liability for the alleged debt as none of the information

I have requested to enable me to validate the alleged account

has been provided.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brig - thanks for advise - looks great to me short and to the point - how about ending "will not enter into any further correspondence until such information provided"

Intend

did you say in your dispute letter why it was in dispute? ie no cca? if so, then ignore. or just say refer to my previous correspondence, no acknowledgments. if they are only acting on behalf, they will prob bog off soon. another dca may then follow maybe iqor or wetclot or rob way etc. have you previously done a subject access request on this to loyds? if so, and they have provided full info, it could include a copy of computer 'instructions' to current dca involved including any poss discount and timeline, and whether legal action by dca would be authorised.

Edited by Ford

Hi Brig - thanks for advise - looks great to me short and to the point - how about ending "will not enter into any further correspondence until such information provided"

Intend

OK!!

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If the original creditor was made aware of any dispute, then they should have passed that information on.

If they company is simply collecting on behalf of the OC,then quite frankly it is none of hteir business !!

BCOBS

CB - OC should be aware as CCA request was sent to Moorcrap who replied after a complaint letter that their client "was still checking their records" - that was in May 2011, sincewhen been on the meery-go-round.

As far as I am concerned LTSB are aware, am happy to see off DCAs for the time being with the account in dispute letter and wait for LTSB to deal directly with me.

Payments to them on the two debts have fallen from £70 per month (50 loan and 20 CC) to only £10 per month. Now realise the £70 was too much for daughter to pay and raise young family. Thanks to CAG they now have a stable, if poor quality of life but she and OH do not live in fear of the postman anymore.

Intend

Letter sent to CSL as per Brigs post.

Intend

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on the CC - LTSB now passed to BLS (In house) - letter of complaint sent to BLS but reply from LTSB - upshot - have agreed to £10 per month (was £20) for the next year and are sending a paying in book - no DDs or SO - just like to pay cash. Hope this will now take a back seat and that LTSB wont sell it on.

Daughter just been round to pass over letter about the loan - will digest and post up later as fear this must surface again soon - much larger debt and not paid for over a year.

Intend

A result of sorts then :)

BCOBS

Thanks cB for looking in. Yes. Thanks to this site payments down from about £90 per month and being off-set from current account, about £2000 refunded and now in control. I tell them what will be paid.

Cheers all that have helped along the way.

Intend

Edited by intend
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Update on loan - put in dispute over year ago when Moorcrap came on scene - CCA request - "Client looking for it" - account in dispute letter set, stopped paying, then came Apex - one letter and went away, then CSL - sent account in dispute letter, then another letter, replied refring to my previous letter.

Now another letter from CSL - "We can confirm we have requested a copy of CA which will be forwarded as soon as available" but the with "as above debt has not been previously in dispute, kindly confirm whether you acknowledge opening the above account in your own name, using our clients services and the balance according to your accounts" Also included a print out of last transactions on account.

Is this an attempt to get me to acknowledge the debt??

Should I just ignore??

Intend

Yes, it appears to me that this is what they are after, an admission of liability.

IMHO, I would ignore.

BCOBS