Orange/ARROW

chiefrawi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had almost exactly the same thing with this crowd - they are asking for £80 for an outstanding orange phone bill from around 2007 (I think that's what they said), the amazing thing is they gave me the number so I contacted Orange they said they knew nothing about it.Also as I've only ever had a company phone, since around 2001, I've neveractually paid for a mobile phone in my life!

Been looking into this a bit tonight. It would appear there are quite a few of us on here in the same position.

Now the interesting bit. We cannot find any record of Fredericksons holding the relevant license to collect debt, so this in itself puts into question why money should be paid to them. Also, my belief is that if AGGL have only asked F's to collect money this holds no status legally. I think it would have to be legally assigned and while the letter I have is very clear on other assignments, dates, etc... it makes no mention of any assignment to Fredericksons.

Now if it hasn't been assigned F's have no right to collect the debt as far as I'm concerned. IF it has been assigned then I have an interesting idea to test out with them as I suspect I can tie them in knots, so let's all keep each other updated on this one.

I'd be more than happy to do what I can, so please do keep me in the loop. These guys are idiots - I'm really not sure why this is allowed to go on. I do plan to speak with Consumer Diret tomorrow see if they can help at all.

I've had almost exactly the same thing with this crowd - they are asking for £80 for an outstanding orange phone bill from around 2007 (I think that's what they said), the amazing thing is they gave me the number so I contacted Orange they said they knew nothing about it.Also as I've only ever had a company phone, since around 2001, I've neveractually paid for a mobile phone in my life!

I would never talk to them over the phone. Keep everything in writing. In your situation I'd simply send them a Prove It letter, get proof of postage and wait for them to prove it. Obviously they won't be able to in your case so issue dealt with!