style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"Basically it's threatening people and bullying them for a ridiculous amount of money. If they had a case to fight why haven't they taken me to court?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12132543

ACC Thomas says anyone subjected to continued and inappropriate approaches from civil recovery organisations should report the matter to the police.

Edited by Conniff

Definitely report them to the police if the incident was disputed, they have no hard evidence (eg; reciept produced, genuine mistake etc) and they persist in their demands

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I think they will enter details whether or not, but if you are innocent, and have been found to be so, a cease processing data, or face the consequences letteras in report to DPA may be in order

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I suppose you can take legal action i.e. defamation of character.

I think they will enter details whether or not, but if you are innocent, and have been found to be so, a cease processing data, or face the consequences letteras in report to DPA may be in order

I suppose you can take legal action i.e. defamation of character.

If they put you on the database threaten etc, and you are completely innocent, was a complete mistake, wrong person apprehended, same colour jacket /fuzzy CCTV correct receipt produced police came saw it was a mistake, and said they were not interested, but security still insisted on identity details, then passed it to RLP (wrongly) as it was policy to pass all details of incidents to them for action, on the off chance you would pay up then yes you could sue them imho.

Jackie Lambert, MD of RLP, is her usual disingenuous self in the report:

Jackie Lambert, of RLP, says: "The primary purpose of civil recovery is to deter future incidents of crime. Indeed, it is a proven deterrent with less than 3% of wrongdoers being involved in future incidents."

Does she mean people convicted of wrongdoing by the proper justice system, or just those retailers and her company have determined to be wrongdoers?

Jackie Lambert said:

many thieves are not prosecuted by the police

If you don't know what you're talking about, Jackie, better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it and prove it beyond doubt.

No thieves are prosecuted by the police; prosecutions in this country are undertaken by the Crown Prosecution Service (the clue's in the name, Jackie), and its equivalents in NI and Scotland.