MyHermes - My Hermes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a horrible experience all of the time with hermes delivery company. 1st time a cardigan was delivered but as we were not in they chucked it over the back gate even though it had been raining and we had a dog so by the time we arrived home the parcel was soaked and almost destroyed.

The 2nd time we delt with them on the site we ordered the product from we specifically asked that it be returned to a safe deposit box instead of over the gate so guess what it was chucked over the gate when the door was not answered and guess what again it was raining but luckily this time our dog had been put away. In our box could have been anything even glass and it was just chucked over the gate onto concrete into the rain which really anoyed us so don't trust them as their bad news EVERY time!

Edited by Conniff

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a horrible experience all of the time with hermes delivery company. 1st time a cardigan was delivered but as we were not in they chucked it over the back gate even though it had been raining and we had a dog so by the time we arrived home the parcel was soaked and almost destroyed. The 2nd time we delt with them on the site we ordered the product from we specifically asked that it be returned to a safe deposit box instead of over the gate so guess what it was chucked over the gate when the door was not answered and guess what again it was raining but luckily this time our dog had been put away. In our box could have been anything even glass and it was just chucked over the gate onto concrete into the rain which really anoyed us so don't trust them as their bad news EVERY time!

There are a lot of complaints about this company.

Best to start a new thread as it will be easier for people to give you the advice you need

• 2 months later...

I can only completely agree with all the negative comments I read about my Hermes. I can't remember the last time something fragile arrived in one piece and was told by customer services that they take every care. Absolutely untrue. I will never use hermes again as they are incapable of delivering anything that is even remotely breakable.

I don't see why i should send my fragile items with another courier and keep using Hermes for non breakables. All of my items will be shipped with another company and quite frankly the sooner my hermes go bust the better. I have had customers tell me that things have been thrown over high fences onto patios, into gardens and ened up under hedges undiscovered for several days etc..

I recently spoke to a guy who used to work for My hermes and he packed it in because of their 'policy' of doing things as cheaply and quickly as possible and almost actively encouraging workers to take no care, he said they 'accepted' that things would be broken and basically didn't care. He said that basically they wanted people to only send small unbreakable packages that were easy to handle, thus minimising effort and costs and that the 'policy' of not caring if things get broken would eventually lead to achieving this as we all send our fragile items with someone else.

MY ADVICE: UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASTE MONEY AND INCREASE YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING MY HERMES

Edited by Conniff

• 2 weeks later...

In my Courier circles, my Colleagues Brothers do collect for My Hermes, not so much Brothers; as I don't shout in Polish, so more like associates in the Trade.

Call me Whistle-Blower, but my Profession is being Plagued, compromised and people need to be aware of Rogue Elements within My Hermes giving us all a bad name.

They have your P2G Reference Number. Because they have to, they are the Consignors that are collecting and Handling the Consignments. Via the Net (P2G) Parcel 2 Go Consignment number tells Carrier exactly what you said is in the Parcel when you Booked it - then you may wonder why it's taken so long to get there when the Courier has taken it home to check the P2G numbers for a Guide as to contents for what can pass straight on route and what needs further looking at.

If contents are Plop, then Reseal for Onward destination, but anything Value is send home to EU especially if extremely undervalued to circumvent insurance over £20 Parcel Contents Value - This is defo one for Matthew Allright and his Portugal Journalistic friend to Secrete a Tracker, under insure - and state 18ct Bracelet worth £20 and just watch this P2G number Network its way to Albania, Ha! Not Via My Hermes.

Edited by Conniff

2 parcels sent via MyHermes both damaged - 100% failure..

One of the items was a limited edition print (framed with glass) which was shattered so much that glass fragments are embedded in the 'paper'. during the tracking of the item they apparatenly attempted delivery on the 21st jan.. the recipient was in all day, a calling card was left (no-one knocked on the door). After phoning 5+ times the recipient spoke to the end point courier who advised he left the card to cover for a colleague... the attempt to redelivery never happend either and after all this it was significantly damaged on return to depot...

Had they delivered when they had said they had attempted delivery the item would have been recieved intact - this surely is a breach?

I had taken out enhanced compensation but they are refusing as glass is excluded... but imho the damage is such that being an exclude item is irrelevant notwithstanding the misrepresentation of the attpemted delivery.

can any one advise on best route to claim compensation; small claims or CC ?

thanks in advance

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM ANOTHER FORUM ON TH WEB

"Have successfully made a claim in small claims court against these clowns. They failed to deliver an item last year and refused to agknowledge the loss let alone pay compensation. I lodged a claim at my local court,paid the £30 fee and despite my hermes not appearing to defend the magistrate made an award for the total value of the parcel,my hermes charges and court costs,over £200 in total. The collection was passed to bailiffs for collection which caused my hermes further costs. BaiIiffs collected the full amount including their own costs at £678.51.I would advise anyone in the same position as myself to do the same as its not worth the hassle of trying to deal with my hermes directly. The parent company is Hermes Parcelnet Ltd (trading as my Hermes),Capitol House 1, Capitol Close,Leeds,West Yorkshire,LS27 0WH

You can even make your claim to the courts online."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, having read all the scathing comments regarding Hermes,I can only agree with all of the comments that I read.I to have used this firm to send a dvd player/recorder which was well packaged as per there guide lines,but guess what,yes it arrived badly damaged as if it had been deliberately dropped.

I completed a claim form online to claim compensation for the damaged item along with photos of the damage and I received a response telling me that I would receive a refund within 28 working days of my claim.So I waited and waited nothing seemed to be happening,so I contacted the CEO Carole Woodhead via email and guess what I soon got a response and My refund.

I would suggest that if anybody else has problems with this company they should contact [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

My parcel(a china Vase has been damaged during the transit, and now MyHERMEs told me they can not deliver it to me due to the health and safety . they asked me to collect by myself from their depot in Kent(I live in Cnetral london) by 8th March, or they will destroy it. I can not believe it, I wish I have read all your comments here and arranged anther service provider.

Now I am not sure what I can do. I definitely want my item even it is been damaged, and what I want is let them to deliver it to me whatever the conditions are. What can I do. I can not claim compensation as I was been told, and I can not get my parcel.

Is it right? can any one give me sugggestion?

HI, They used the same excuse(Health and Safety) not to deliver my property. and ask me to collect it from their depot in Kent. What a joke. Now I am trying to get them to deliver it to me as I arrange the collection service. I also want to see how it has been damaged. what did you do to make them deliver the broken glasses? my item is a china vase and not delicate at all and as the shipper did not put into a box, just wrap it with babble wrap. so they can easily found out what the item is. As their courier is freelance base, no i guess they just break it on purpose to avoid paying any courier to do it.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I've just taken delivery of CAST IRON SCALES via My Hermes. The packaging had been ripped to pieces and a MY HERMES blue plastic bag had been put over to 'salvage' the damage/contents. The CAST IRON scales have been broken in 2 places (yes, C A S T I R O N). One of the arms about 2cm x 1 cm thick has been severed as well as a X bar severed from it's anchorage. This MUST have been dropped from a great height, or maybe they ran over it in the van!. Also, the lovely set of weights and 2 brass dishes are missing - whoever 'repacked' them must have know the item was totally messed up. Where are the missing items? Oh my goodness I can't believe anyone can make such a mess of a supposedly unbreakable item, repack them and 'innocently' send them on their way.

Contact the seller as the quality of the goods that reach you is their responsibility. Don't be put off if they say you need to contact the delivery company, that is up to them not you.

You are entitled to a full refund including postage or a replacement.

You could also include a link to this thread and then they might move on to someone else for deliveries when they read it.

Yes, thank you - I will do. Interestingly I've just been reading up about MyHermes on several websites. Most of the stories are the same - unbelievable damage/non deliveries/items being thrown over fences/left on doorsteps/left out in the rain/not leaving calling cards and not even bothering to knock. I don't think anyone has had a 'good experience' with Customer Services. On one review I read someone who got through to customer services said the person actually admitted the workers in the depot probably stole the goods being handled. The sooner this company stops trading the better. BOYCOTT THEM.

• 6 months later...

this is a complaint and warning to others thinking of using Hermes Courier service. I had a coffee machine delivered which internally had the mechanism snapped and door hinge broken. It was packaged well and had 'fragile' written all over it.

The coffee machine must have taken a bit hit for this to happen.

I thought my £100 hermes insurance had covered this but learned after submitting a claim that in fact they only cover for loss, not damage.

My full complaint and consequent investigation online into others experiences is here and doesn't read well for Hermes as a business.

I will be sending this to relevant authorities too. So here is my hermes complaint:

hermescouriercomplaint.blogspot.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Are you 100% sure the items recieved by the buyers were in fact broken - did they send you pictures to prove this because some buyers buy good from ebay, then claim they are broken or missing items, they then send back a empty box recorded delivery and paypal refunds their money and they get to keep the item for free.

a small proportion on ebay buyers are [problematic]!

I use all the couriers that you could think of as I have a bust eBay shop.

There all good but they all have there bad days.

I use myhermes for all small parcels and out of over 3000 last year I had maybe 20 that took up to 10 days to deliver and only 1 that vanished.

I've had city link loose 2 boxes to the same address then found them under the conveyer 3 weeks later.

Yodel have missed collecting from me a few times but everything has been delivered when it should.

Ups, TNT, FedEx are all good but I've had a couple of parcels go missing or not delivered and returned or destroyed.

Parcel Pete (ipost parcels) I've used a few times. For uk delivery there pretty good and reliable so far but if its outside the uk then it seems to cause them a problem.

The above is my own personal experience and just trying to show that they all have the same problems no matter how big they are.

I use Hermes at least 10 times a week and in fairness to them I have approximately 1 or 2 Damaged in Transit claims a month, which is inconvenient and I have to say they are a nightmare when claiming, making you jump through umpteen hoops before they admit liability . . . however, on another note, in another job, I ship approximately 60 orders a day with TNT and UPS and the same problems occur, even with these 2 big hitters . . . the account execs we deal with have both told me ensure our customers always sign for the deliveries as 'damaged'!!!! This way 'if' there is a problem with the parcel after the driver has gone you have the chance to get a DiT approved . . . if however you sign for the parcel as 'received in good condition' you have no leg to stand on . . . now how pathetic is that? Sadly this is industry standard across the entire delivery sector and for me until each depot, driver, employee is held accountable for the job they do this will never improve . . .

Ebay buyers are now [problem]ming the sellers

they send back the "items" in an empty box via recorded delivery they enter the recorded delivery number into paypal to show the item has been sent back - the seller signs for the item and hey presto the buyer gets to keep the item and gets a full refund

• 5 months later...

hi there,

i just want to let know everybody under no circumstances to use Myhermes. i have send a toilet cistern and after ten days when i inquire why is not delivered, i have received an e-mail saying was damaged by a convector belt . even after was collected carefully by the courier they in depot do not have any humans , they have convector belts and my item was damaged. which i do not believe . tomorrow they said they will arrange to have pictures or to be allowed to collect my damaged product. i am not going to get any compensation because i did not read the small of the products not allowed. i do not know where i should complain. what i should do? i lost quite good money -150 pounds are not to throw. i have o refund money back o the buyer and myhermes are not giving me anything back. how it is possible also when ebay is recommending this company , they don't do anything about this company. one more thing, i will appreciate if somebody can tell what should i do. how can i get my money back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks