Writerman_7

Red Route Bay Extended Around Already Parked Car

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3114 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently received a parking ticket for parking in a red route bay outside my house in south east London.

However, I am convinced that when I parked my car there it was not inside the red route bay. In other words, I believe that the bay has been extended around my car while it was parked there. Looking on the road, there is a clearly visible line where the bay used to go up to. I'm very conscious of this are as it's right outside my house.

I challenged the ticket on this basis (firstly, that the car was not in a red route bay when I parked it there; secondly, that as a resident of the street and in the property directly opposite the bay, I was not informed of the change to the bay). However, Transport for London have rejected my challenge on the grounds that there have been no recent changes to the bay area.

I have photos of the clearly visible old boundary, the spray paint marking the new size for the bay, and also an image from Google Streetview, taken in 2008, showing the previous, smaller size of the bay. However, I don't have any proof that the bay size was recently changed - in other words while my car was parked there. So it's my word against there's until they can prove when the extension took place.

My questions are:

1) Does anybody know how I can find out the date when this extension to the bay was made? I know the red route bay was originally installed in December 2007, and that it was still in the smaller size in Spring 2008 according to Google Streetview. Should I contact my local council (Lewisham) or should I contact Transport for London as they manage the red routes? Are either of them likely to give me the date?

2) Does anyone think I've got a chance of winning my appeal??

For a PCN to be issued incorrectly they would have to have lifted your car and then replaced it in exactly the same place which seems unlikely. Its not possible to remove the old bay and paint new red lines whilst the car is parked the machinery used would not fit under the car.

Hello and welcome to CAG. You've posted this twice, which could end up being confusing. If you click on the triangle at the bottom of your post, you can ask the site team to delete this thread, as Mean and Green I think it is, has answered your other thread.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Two threads merged. Please stick to one topic per thread

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

We may be able to advise better if we had an idea where you are talking about and that we could see your photo's. I guess that a lot will depend on where the boundary sign is positioned in relation to where the car was parked. It has to be in line with the end of the lines.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.