Monument Credit Card Application Form

Napoleonj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've sent a CCA request letter to Monument and got the usual application form back as a response, so wrote and told them the account was now in dispute. Attached is their response and I'd be grateful to know what the next move should be. They hiked the interest rate up to 2.402 % a month and closed my account last year, so I'm tired of paying them all that interest on a balance of less than £900. Strikes me that they're nothing better than a bunch of bloodsuckers.

Any advice would be most welcome.

monument2.pdf

Full page photo print.pdf

You haven't said why you requested a copy of the agreement.

If you requested it under s77/78 then what they say is correct, they don't need to supply anything with your signature on it.

When you say - usual application form - well just because it says Application Form at the top doesn't mean that it's not enforceable

Nope the courts have accepted application forms as executed agreement as long as the form complied with the cca 1974 in that all prescribed terms etc are contained in the document. There are many people on here that have had an original creditor back down on this issue as the application form supplied did not contain some or all of the prescribed terms.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

If you can post up a copy of the application form we can then soon tell you if it is infact enforceable or not. Make sure you remove personal details or blacken then out so no one can indentify you from it.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

• 1 month later...

I had a Monument card, previously Providian/Barclays, which I paid regularly each month. However in September 2009, they cancelled my card for no apparent reason, but still expected me to continue paying their exorbitant interest rates. This I did until the end of last year when I CCA'd them. All I recived was the usual reply card which I explained to them was not an application form etc.

I have now received a default notice, but surely this is irrelevant as my account had been too all intents and purposes been cancelled by them previously? Should I just continue to ignore them and their regular 'phone calls, or is there something more I should do please?

ne