Right to refund/replacement

Drefsab
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there I was after a little advice please, recently my partners car has been having issues starting up mechanics looked at it and said the suspected the battery to be the issue. Ok fair enough next time if failed I called up a company called griffon batteries who are local and we got the last battery from.

We got to them, quickly tested the battery said the voltages are a little low, and then asked if we had the receipt for the other batter we did but not on us at the time. The guy at the shop told us no problem buy one now come back with your receipt and we will sort you out, all seeming very friendly and helpful. He asked us to leave the faulty battery with him which we did.

The car works perfectly now with the new battery, so the next day we go back to the shop with receipt only to be told he can not do the refund but to come in on monday when a manager was in, ok I though odd as hes the only person in the shop surely he should be able to do business but we left.

We came back monday the guy we had seen the 2 previous days was not there so we talked to the other guy there, he said sorry he shouldn't have done that he should have exchanged it there, we cant refund you. Ok then so what about the faulty battery that we left thats still faulty we have a receipt and its in warranty, oh we know nothing about that you have to come back when the original guy is back in on the weekend. At this point im rather upset having been sent away several times and getting the run around when all we wanted was a working car.

To make things even stranger the guy on monday told me that the recipt for the new battery is not their normal one, the money I was charged has not gone into their main account instead into this other guys personal account (not sure what exactly hes referencing to because he didnt seam surprised at this).

I now have to go back this weekend to try and get my money back or at least get a 3rd new battery to replace the 1st one. I Im being cheated out of my consumer rights as I was sold faulty goods they are under warranty and all I wanted was them replacing and now im out of pocket having paid for 2 battery's any only having one. Any help or advice on how to go forward would be greatly appreciated.

when did you purchase the now fault battery, tyically its a replacement not a refund if over 28 days [i say typically they can have there own guarantee]

i'd also look at the manu guarantee to.

but eitherway you are entitled to a replacement i would think under at least 1 yrss.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The first battery was bought over a year a go (about 13 months now) however they are sold with a 2 year warranty so at the very least I expected a simple exchange, having been tricked into paying for a 2nd battery I think the very worst I should end up with 2 working car batteries.

yes agreed

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You need to start the official complaints ball rolling. You should first write to the head office in Bury or Oldham, probably Oldham as that has 2x tel and a fax number.

Addressed to the manager, tell it exactly how it was in that you returned for a change under warranty and was charged as the man there says he wasn't authorised to do a swop and that you would need to pay for the replacement and claim it back on the Monday etc.

Send it by recorded delivery so you can be sure it has got there, and see what the reply says. Depending on the reply is how you will take it forward.

I think I will have to, it was the oldham branch I bought things from, I will be popping in tomorrow when I know the original guy will be there and see what he has to say but failing that im going to start the letter writing process, the way I think I should be looking at it is that I did business with their company not an individual so its upto the company to put things right etc.

I went in last night again to try and talk to the manager, my partner had been in before my trying to sort this out. The manager would not talk to me in person and the end result was him offering a credit note only instead of a refund, i've refused this as a credit note means I can only spend it with them which I will not be doing ever again after being given the run around and being lied to by their staff.

i agree you sould get your money back for the one you had to pay for to replace the faulty one, because you did not have the org receipt [then]

as it was their mistook to charge you.

can you p'haps do a chargeback if it was paid for by CC if they will not play ball?

dx

and they

I think I will have to, the worst part of it when this happened and we explained we didn't have our receipt with us at the time the guy at the shop said its ok just buy this now and come back tomorrow and we will sort it out. We offered to go home get the receipt that day instead of buying it then but he said he wanted to close up early because it was a sunday and to do him the a favour and go with his original suggestion, I was only trying to be nice and let him get off early :( Really wish I hadn't now.