I dropped my plasma !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have a plasma tv and i dropped it when i was taking it off the tv wall bracket. moving house. am i covered? it fell on my tools, hammer and drill. its cracked and im not sure whether im covered under the insurance as it says misuse, neglect and im thinking is that neglect, should their have been two of us to pick it up?

help plz

Hello and Welcome,

I've started a new thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

To find if you are covered, you'll need to look at your Household Insurance (Contents) policy. If you have 'accidental damage cover' they will probably pay out after taking an excess of around £50-60. If you don't have this additional cover, you'll be told you cannot make a claim.

As you've discovered, hanging/removing a large screen TV can be very difficullt, and usually needs TWO people to ensure safety. There is a possibility that if you explain you did it yourself, they may cite negligence, so tread warily.

• Haha 1

From memory, Comet's 'insurance' is a warranty (not insurance) so would be useless. Only a policy with accidental damage would cover you, as a screen would not crack unless an external force caused it - and that would be seen as an accident. Better check the wording on the policy before you say anything!

its under the comet insurance.... so what should i say

Oh dear. If the policy says 'you are covered while lifting from the wall bracket by yourself while moving home', they will interpret that as meaning you are not covered because you had the wrong coloured underpants on.

It would seem to be accidental, so make a claim but note what buzby has said in his second sentence post #3.

That depends if it is considered that it should only have been moved by two people. Is it light enough that one can easily carry it? if so then it was accidental. If they would consider that moving it should only have been attempted by two because of it's weight and size, then they might quibble.