Virgin media transfer issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before installation (transfer from old to new apartment) I called the Virgin moving team and a representative mentioned a 6 month half price promotion, but he said that could only be applied/activated AFTER installation ("because the screen is now locked until installation"). Moreover, he said I would receive the "new super media hub" (morem+router in one machine, rather than using the current two ones supplied at the old installation).

Installation was done, no new media hub was received, and when I called back to enable the 6 month promotion I was told (after many calls/transfers, and after promised-call-back were not received) that that should have been done before installation "and we can only apologise for this". I was only "offered" the possibility to cancel the contract - which is the standard possibility within 28 days anyway.

Any suggestion? I am tempted to cancel, but the idea of starting from scratch with another provider is not very appealing...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Plusnet are very good, they use a BT line though, but they do install one very cheaply for you.

I can end my Virginmedia and am going to do so when I am away for three weeks, and then join up on a new offer when I return...