debt written off, can they still hassle me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope this makes sense and I hope somebody will be able to help.

I purchased a car in Aug 2003 from yes car credit, the total balance was 12000. In 2004 6000 had been paid and the car was returned, the debt was then showing on statements as the remaining balance was written off. In 2005 I was told there was an outstanding balance of 3000 to pay so stupid me paid it!

At the time I was not receiving statements so did not know the balance or that the debt was written off, I have only just found out today after requesting all statements.

So, hopefully this has made a bit of sense and I am wondering if I will be able to recover the 3000 which I paid?

Thanks for reading this and thanks in advance if anybody can help.

I would say yes you can def get the £3000 back! send them a DPA SAR with £10 fee and wait for statements to come, when they do circle the £3000 payment and send a prelim letter in library and wait for reply ok?

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Hi, thanks for that. I received the statements at the end of last week but the last amont showing is the amount they wrote off in 2004 and it doesn't show my payment made after in 2005. Luckily I wrote down the date when it was paid and the member of staff I spoke to and I also have the bank statement showing the payment was made.