JSA entitlement

jemzi82

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Can anyone help me. A sanctioned was put in place against me back in sept 2010 for not applying for a job Id been matched with and since then Ive been unable to recieve any monies to support myself. Ived applied for crisis loans and hardships allowance and basically begged for helped with no success. Im in a really desperate situation now with no means and am finding live very grim. My sanction ended on the 28thDec to then be told that I still cant apply for a crisis loan until another 2weeks after that date. I have made another claim for jobseekers since my sanction ended, then recieved a letter saying I'd not paid enough class1 national insurance stamps so therefore i am not entitled to benefits. Im really fed up of the run around but dont know were to turn. Can anybody out there help as it would be much appreciated.

You shouldn't need to re-apply for JSA following a sanction. A sanction stops payment of the benefit but not the benefit in itself. You only need to re-apply if your benefit entitlement is terminated. Are you certain that it was a sanction and not a termination? During the sanction, did you continue to jobsearch and go the Jobcentre and sign on?

If the sanction has ended, your claim should now go back into payment.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

It was definatley a sanction. It started on the 15th sept unbeknown to me until I went in on the 1st october to sign off as I lane myself 3weeks work with the fire and rescue service through an agency. It was then that the jobcentre told me it was a goo job you've found a job because this sanction has been put in place. My job lasted 3weeks and I did a rapid reclaim and have signe on every fortnight since without any payments. Like I said my sanction finished on the 28thDecember still no money, I next sign on the 10th but am doubtful of getting anything after recieving a letter saying not enough contibutions paid.

Last week I begged my advisor for some advise /help as I now face being evicted, I spend most nights sat in the dark with no electric or gas as there both on meters. My sister has helped were she can but is a single parent of 2 and her means will only stretch so far. My advisors advise was get a job. What a way to kick a man when he's down. Do they think I want to be in this position?? Depressed,cold and hungry. I dont think so. The system stinks. Sometimes I sit in my flat and think maybe crime is the answer but the decent human in me keeps telling its that it got to get better.

Hello there, this sounds tough for you. I hope Erika might have some more thoughts for you about JSA.

If you're seriously worried about housing, have you spoken to Shelter? From what I've read here, they're helpful. They may even advise on fuel bills, who knows.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello again.

I'm confused about the amount of claims you have made. If the letter you received advising of insufficient contributions was in response to the rapid reclaim you made once your work ended, then it sounds as if the rapid reclaim has been disallowed - which terminates the claim. If there is insufficient contributions, they should assess the claim as income based. This is where they assess the claim based on other household income and capital. If that isn't the case and you were awarded the rapid reclaim see below.

Your payments should start up again after your sign on date. JSA is paid two weeks in arrears so your next payment would be for the period of 28/12/10 to 10/1/11, receiving payment on your normal payday after you sign.

Contributory based JSA lasts for 26 weeks. Is your current claim contributory based? If so it will continue unless the 26 weeks are up, then you will be assessed for income based JSA. If your claim is already income based, it should continue as normal.

If you don't receive payment on your normal pay day after you sign on the 10th, you would need to contact JSA to find out why this is.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)