Car Purchased, Sold and Sold Again with Finance (unknown)

Jakwyn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please can someone help me with a very stressful situation I now find myself in.

In March 2008 I purchased a car from a "reputable" prestige car dealer, I traded in a car and paid the balance in cash. I drove around in the car quite happily for over 2 years.

In October 2010 I decided it was time for a change and part exchanged the above car at a differnt performance car dealer(2)

Three days ago (January 3rd) I receive a message from the dealer(2) above stating that he had sold the car but had been contacted by the new owner as there was outstanding finance on it.

He gave me the finance reference number and the telephone number of the finance company, I wanted to make sure there are had not been an error and rang the finance company who informed me that there was indeed finance on this car however it was not in my name and their legal department were chasing the original customers who had taken out this finance.

The dealer (2) has had to have the car back from his customer as he had stated the car was HPI clear (and had clearly not run a HPI check) and in turn wants to make me take the car back

I bought and sold the car in good faith, I do not want it back and certainly do not have the funds to take it back.

The dealer (2) is being quite forceful and I fear will turn quite aggessive, Where do I stand?

Many thanks