Halifax card CCA return and Recontituted agreements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

at least they have been honest in admitting they dont have an agreement,here i waited eight months and received one that was nothing like the original.

you cannot rely on archived terms',these can vary greatly in design and content and some are finding it hard to match accurately and anyone who does try this and take risks' is leaving themselves open and "their clients" to adverse problems'.

this is why its so surprising that the waksman ruling allowed this to possibly happen.

'Honest and accurate'

Judge Waksman did point out that the banks could not simply invent the loan agreement retrospectively to comply with the law.

It must - of necessity - be based upon records held as to the debtor and the agreement he made," the judge said.

in all respect he may have considered the banks to have more accurate system in place then what there currently appears to be.this really is failure to hold a correct statement of an account.

this is why its so surprising that the waksman ruling allowed this to possibly happen.

'Honest and accurate'

Judge Waksman did point out that the banks could not simply invent the loan agreement retrospectively to comply with the law.

It must - of necessity - be based upon records held as to the debtor and the agreement he made," the judge said.

in all respect he may have considered the banks to have more accurate system in place then what there currently appears to be.this really is failure to hold a correct statement of an account.

It means now that as far as unenforceability is concerned s77/78 is a non starter.

I don't think it was a great loss though as I could see that a large number of agreements could take longer than 14 days to dig out of an archive, during which time the debtor felt confident to stop paying and sue. The CMCs have a lot to answer for in this respect and have spoiled it for many with their speculative claims.

thanks for all the responses, I hoped that this was the case, because i wanted to negotiate a settlement, and their idea of a settlement is to knock a thousand pounds off the debt, which i cant afford, if i could afford that then i could pay the whole debt which seems totally unrealistic, but hopefully this will work to my advantage.

Sorry for the reply basa48 but I had to point it out...They can simply confirm you had an agreement by producing payment records/statements etc.etc

Nice try Sand-Dancer, but I have never denied a financial relationship or that I borrowed money. But that does not mean there was an agreement let alone a properly executed one.

There are many, many instances where lenders have issued credit without compliant agreements in place. Some lenders were so keen to get people on the treadmill they issued cards on the strength of non compliant application forms.

Mine is one such case. I never did sign an agreement - that is the truth. In truth I never even signed an application.

try this link to a post from PT2537

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?173201

This may be what you need

If that was for my benefit - I thank you. But I do not need disclosure. The lender has written two letters stating they have no signed agreement, a defence statement saying I didn't sign an agreement and another letter admitting the debt is unenforceable and they are not pursuing payment.

Don't forget I am suing them for something else.

Will the brunt of the matter here rearly is do you pay them or not

A default will be already on your credit file, so you credit rating is already shot.

If you want to start making the token payment again, then only do so on YOUR terms at an amount YOU can afford.

Pay it only to Halifax on the condition they continue to suspend interest and charges.

The other option (posted previously) is pay them nothing.

They have said there is no signed agreement, so court involment is very unlikely, although they will tell you otherwise, they will tell you anything to get payment.

But be prepared for an onslaught of letters and phone calls if you choose to go down this route.

Once again Don't discuss anything on the phone with them, if they ring refuse to answer their stupid security questions, tell them in writing only and put the phone down, do this everytime they ring, they will soon get the drift.

Get everything in writing then you will have a paper trail of anything they agree or disagree to.

One final thing I will mention is that if you bank with Halifax or HBOS, I would get another account open sharpish, as they will and do (quite legally and without asking) clear your account out under the 'right to offset' rule and offset the funds towards the outstanding debt.

as will nationwide

Sorry for the reply basa48 but I had to point it out...They can simply confirm you had an agreement by producing payment records/statements etc.etc

you are a wise person,its been mentioned before.this is why it underlines the utmost preparation.

as we have seen on the forum those that have been unprepared for every eventuality have come unstuck,the warnings are in this thread.despite the posts what has to be remembered there is often very little argument that the money is actually owed.

the opponent always deserves the utmost respect,you do not know what you are up against until the day,someone whose profession it is to sound good and ultimately persuasive given the seeming odds',does this near day to day in front of a judge while the defendant may never have been in front of a judge/court in their lives,ill preparation,poorly presented defense could all to easily be argued out if not careful given the situation. it could be that someone is unsure how to place their argument effectively/unsure how to respond /nerves can strike,the fact is tough are ultimately right could mean totally nothing if the judge is on side.

someone who is taking on the banking system despite being right needs to be fully aware that they are taking on the economic institutions of this country,despite what we say or think they immediately have this advantage over the individual,the judge will have this on his/her mind.after all we are the ones that are now paying for this right or wrong.

Edited by jsa12
update.

I was in a similar situation with Barclays were they stated "they don't need the agreement and furthermore didn't have it". Trading Standards pulled them up over this as the card was taken out pre April 2007 and a " True Signed Copy" was required if they took me to court. Barclays backed down and wiped the debt out, although TS still passed ALL details through to the Home Authorities as a valid complaint.

Regards

PB68.

i have just been to see the debt adviser at the local council offices and she more or less took this view,i showed her the agreement the first words were

"this is not an agreement"

she was very helpful her main role is to attend court to help people stay in their homes',and as such unsecured creditors are not a priority.but she did say she will write to them and request the signed agreement,i turned and said i dont think there is one by the look of it,she will refer me to a solicitor to go through the details as well as write to each creditor.

i have a tape recording of a mercers employee telling me that there is no signed agreement and that "what happens is"...... that i make the application - the card is sent to me and i sign the card.......and when i use the card for the first time- that executes the agreement

i was so gobsmacked i got her to repeat it!!

strangley barclaycard dont seem to keen to do anything other than play pass the debt around the DCA community- cant imagine why

• dx100uk changed the title to Halifax card CCA return and Recontituted agreements