Dreading the next 3 weeks

Elliebes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive readched the 13 week stage and now I have to sign on weekly. Im dreading the pressure that I will have placed on me to find a job every week. My sign on day is Thursday so there is Friday Saturday...Monday Tuesday Wednesday to apply for 3 jobs, phone 3 employers, attend the job points x3, send out 3 CVs. How the hell can anyone keep up this tirade? I can see my benefits being stopped before the three weeks are up.....this is how the JC are reaching their so called targets...by crushing people and then getting them off benefits...I want to work but this is an impossible criteria to adhere to in my view.....:evil:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately the "demands" of jobseekers agreements do not comply to today's job market and whats is available,even then they try to exceed the agreement at adviser interviews'.

recently this agreement has been enforced to the letter of the word and a few people have come unstuck at signing on.the best things to do are.

always keep proof of vacancies the job centre have submitted you for,recorded delivery/email proof,many people have come unstuck by inaccurate employer feedback,this is one of their main sanction tools'.

if there are not sufficient vacancies apply for anything to top up the amount ,this then can be passed off as broadening jobsearch if needed,even though the chance of success is practically nil without experience,this pleases "their world".

keep all appointments'.

keep the record of applied for vacancies up to date.

Thanks JSA12 this is very helpful..indeed :-) I have another appointment to discuss would I be better off in work with a personal advisor..again...... today but will take all my stuff in case she's sniffing for a sanction.

personally i have long taken the view that people who suffer from stress and anxiety should not be in there,its just not suitable or reasonably to expect someone to attend these establishments'.there appears to be a complete lack of awareness,no one except the disability adviser has a clue how to handle situations of peoples health problems',the environment is feels very hostile and threatening,i have been ill in there many times even walking to the place you just don't know whats going to happen next,some of this may be due to the illness but the majority is down to the intimidation.

these situations are called triggers',this can bring about (trigger) severe mental illness as with the case with anxiety depression is often lurking behind.

Edited by jsa12

Ive readched the 13 week stage and now I have to sign on weekly. Im dreading the pressure that I will have placed on me to find a job every week. My sign on day is Thursday so there is Friday Saturday...Monday Tuesday Wednesday to apply for 3 jobs, phone 3 employers, attend the job points x3, send out 3 CVs. How the hell can anyone keep up this tirade? I can see my benefits being stopped before the three weeks are up.....this is how the JC are reaching their so called targets...by crushing people and then getting them off benefits...I want to work but this is an impossible criteria to adhere to in my view.....:evil:

When did this start?

Its always been every 2 weeks for me when I was signing on.

Is it just for towns with low unemployment or everyone?

i think she means that a weekly attendance is required.she may be better to see the disability adviser as this illness can and does substantially affect day to day life.

When did this start?

Its always been every 2 weeks for me when I was signing on.

Is it just for towns with low unemployment or everyone?

My daughter has been told to attend every week from this week after her 13 week interrview, so maybe its happening to everyone now.

I think the weekly signing is for six weeks. Then at six months they ratchet the pressure up even further.

I am at that stage, I left in tears after my last visit to the job centre despite the so called personal advisor confirming at the end of our meeting that she had absolutely nothing to offer me in the way of help, vacancies or training.

Right at the beginning I had told her the same (I already knew the funding had been withdrawn for the course I was interested in) and she responded by viciously attacking my alleged 'negative attitude', by the end even she had admitted that I was correct but by then she had worked machine like through a script which pre-supposes you are feckless and more insulting as far as I am concerned stupid.

'Has no one told you you need to record your job search - oh sorry I didn't notice the three page print out...'

She even conceded that I do a lot more than most in the way of job hunting.

By this time she had been stressing me out for 45 minutes! Although she did change her tune somewhat when I asked for a complaints form because I did not like one or two of her comments.

My stomach is already churning in anticipation of the next angst ridden totally futile personal advisor experience and it's nearly a month away, the next visit is a normal signing. I'm even considering a trip to my Dr (I was signed off from work with stress a couple of years ago) but as we know even terminal cancer patients are being told they are fit to work these days, and going down that route just sounds like even more stress. And I am perfectly fit to work, only the job centre stresses me these days but it is ever present...

If they would just leave you alone you would sort yourself out a lot faster, instead of having to regularly take time out winding down from your latest visit to the job centre.

There is no point trying to reason with them (this is where I went wrong, next time it's going to be yes, no, three bags full), they are automatons scared for their own jobs, mine even said at one point 'I will do whatever I have to to get paid'

I honestly think this pressure will result in suicides - not mine I hasten to add - but after my last visit I felt stressed to the point of immobility for two days afterwards, I couldn't think of anything else, how does that help me find a job?

Edited by kerravon

I think the weekly signing is for six weeks. Then at six months they ratchet the pressure up even further.

I am at that stage, I left in tears after my last visit to the job centre despite the so called personal advisor confirming at the end of our meeting that she had absolutely nothing to offer me in the way of help, vacancies or training.

Right at the beginning I had told her the same (I already knew the funding had been withdrawn for the course I was interested in) and she responded by viciously attacking my alleged 'negative attitude', by the end even she had admitted that I was correct but by then she had worked machine like through a script which pre-supposes you are feckless and more insulting as far as I am concerned stupid.

'Has no one told you you need to record your job search - oh sorry I didn't notice the three page print out...'

By this time she had been stressing me out for 45 minutes! Although she did change her tune somewhat when I asked for a complaints form because I did not like one or two of her comments.

My stomach is already churning in anticipation of the next angst ridden totally futile personal advisor experience and it's nearly a month away, the next visit is a normal signing. I'm even considering a trip to my Dr (I was signed off from work with stress a couple of years ago) but as we know even terminal cancer patients are being told they are fit to work these days, and going down that route just sounds like even more stress. And I am perfectly fit to work, only the job centre stresses me these days but it is ever present...

If they would just leave you alone you would sort yourself out a lot faster, instead of having to regularly take time out winding down from your latest visit to the job centre.

There is no point trying to reason with them (this is where I went wrong, next time it's going to be yes, no, three bags full), they are automatons scared for their own jobs, mine even said at one point 'I will do whatever I have to to get paid'

I honestly think this pressure will result in suicides - not mine I hasten to add - but after my last visit I felt stressed to the point of immobility for two days afterwards, I couldn't think of anything else, how does that help me find a job?

In my opinion they are becoming more like the nazis (I was just following orders).

They are more interested in tripping you up during your interview, than getting you a job.

Just wondering if this kind of things happens more to women than men?

I'm still not sure about this signing on every week.

This is what used to happen the last time I was signing on for JSA.

So you make a new claim for JSA, then after 6 months you get an interview where an advisor asks you to provide evidence of what you have been doing as far as looking for work is concerned.

So you then showed them any evidence such as replies to letters you had received from employers or copies of application forms you had sent in for jobs.

They looked on the computer to see how many jobs they had provided for you to apply for, and that was it really, for another 6 months.

the department needs to be careful that they dont leave themselves open to legal action,being abusive and rude cannot in anyway be justified as just doing their jobs.the aggressiveness has been noted as more and more on the rise.their hands are tied as such the economy is in very bad shape and has been for a very very long time,the heavily one sided sided service economy is not sustainable employment and has collapsed under low wage/foreign labour and the downturn have all taken there toll.

they have resulted more and more to bullying as a method of trying to remove people backed up with sanctions as well as ridiculously blaming the individual themselves at times,this was the main tool on the failed new deal,however these people never learn and still proceed to abuse.there have been some very serious incidents of job centre staff abuse which has got worse and worse.

I'm on IB at the moment, having won my appeal, and I've got all this to come when they shunt me onto ESA and stop my money again after an unfair assessment.

I saw a personal advisor recently and she was nice but her message was that I should jump before I'm pushed.

She asked me what I thought of all the support she had told me about and I said that it might sound good but in practice it is very little.

"Don't shoot the messenger", was her comment. In other words she knows the system is wrong so she's warning people of things to come.

I explained that I do work when I'm well enough and I have a good track record of getting a job when I'm well enough.

She said that I should try and get myself well.

She's right but I don't choose to be ill and getting well is getting harder as I get older.

Definitely some very hard times ahead. :-(

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

I'm still not sure about this signing on every week.

This is what used to happen the last time I was signing on for JSA.

So you make a new claim for JSA, then after 6 months you get an interview where an advisor asks you to provide evidence of what you have been doing as far as looking for work is concerned.

So you then showed them any evidence such as replies to letters you had received from employers or copies of application forms you had sent in for jobs.

They looked on the computer to see how many jobs they had provided for you to apply for, and that was it really, for another 6 months.

It's true and has been for quite some time.

When I was signing on in 2008 it was after 13 weeks you'd be put on weekly signing and enhanced job searching for 6 weeks.

I would have beenput on this but the advisor decided not to turn up to work that day so....

I had a similar experience some years ago, stupid job centre person said 'well, you have applied for more jobs than needed so why haven't you had an interview?' I asked them if they could ring the companies I had applied to and ask them themselves.... and would they like a disclosure authority form signed as proof I am asking them to check up on me. They backtracked....

I am shortly being redundant and won't be sigining on for unemployment as I have various odd bits lined up, but will be going for income support - is there a difference or is it the same nightmare as I could also qualify for disability now...

It depends on what grounds you are entitled to income support.

If you are going to claim because you are ill or disabled you will probably go through the medical assessment farce that many of us have gone through.

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Those were my thoughts, and as I have been fortunate to find external help for the majority of my symptoms outside the mainstream NHS I will probably fail assessment.... however there is a lot of medical evidence for one particular symptom they can't refute, if they do they will have a hard time!

It's true and has been for quite some time.

When I was signing on in 2008 it was after 13 weeks you'd be put on weekly signing and enhanced job searching for 6 weeks.

I would have beenput on this but the advisor decided not to turn up to work that day so....

Probably off with stress.

Looks to me as if they're just giving themselves more opportunity of suspending peoples benefit as they're so fond of doing now.

Also, how are they managing to do this when they are so short staffed as they keep telling us?

Went to sign on last Thursday. My signing was 3pm. Three quarters of an hour later my signing card was passed to yet another PERSONAL ADVISOR. So I went and sat down and the guy (different PA every time) said why are you getting giros? So I said Ive no idea I was about to ask yoiu the same question? We dont appear to have your bank details he said....oh well thats odd because Ive given them several times. Do you have them with you he asked..(probably hoping I havent so that will really fook up my payments)....like oh yes I was prepared for this! As it happened I had my bank card on me and he took my details. Normally I get a giro on a Monday. He never even looked at my job log or asked me anything if Id applied for the jobs theyd given me to apply for he just handed me my card and I signed it and went.

Why do I NEVER have a normal signing???.....WHY am I seeing a Personal Advisor every time I sign on?? Why is my card passed from pillar to post when I go to sign on.........................by the time I got seen to my blood pressure was through the roof.....I looked back on my records and I do keep them of everything that gets done and said at that JC and Ive had contact with at least 5 PAs in a month.....if this is not victimisation then I dont know what to call it. :madgrin:

Checked my bank today no payment..:!:.....meanwhile last Friday unknown to me Id had a community grant award that I applied for in November put in my bank account.

Ive had so much victimisation from this JC I wondered if they knew about the award which incidentally does not affect benefits and it crossed my mind that they would try and make me live on that. So I had to go home and check that I hadnt had a giro first then I had to come back to the JC and phone and tell them I hadnt been paid. I got told that I will be paid tomorrow.Tuesday....my last benefit payment was 23 December and now its the 10th January its a good job I had that award in my bank because I dont know what would have done today for food.

Speaking of food this JC is now giving out food vouchers but I dont know in what context.

I made a mistake when I said the next 3 weeks in my thread....I actually have 5 weekly signings.

After being fooked about today with my benefits Ive got an appointment to transfer my claim to another JC which is not using the same measures as this one. Ok eventually they all will but I have been on the receiving end of some very harsh treatment from this JC and Ive had enough. :mad2: The way I see it they are using all kinds of ways to trip me up and mess with my benefits but because I have my job log they cant do this so they are resorting to sanction sniffers which is my name for the PAs.

this food voucher has been mentioned several times.three days' of food obviously means its a tide you over for until a crisis loan can be obtained.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12023054

i have been unemployed for now over a decade and i don't see a personal adviser every week.i have been referred to the shaw trust because of my anxiety problems through the disability adviser.these tend not to be so heavy handed as the staff signing people on.

You are so lucky JSA12 every time I go to sign on Im sent to see a sanction sniffer.

Im seeing my doctor today to discuss what I can do about my anxiety. And of course I will be going to the new more lenient job centre on Thursday. Im dong everything I can to find work as my job logs testify to that end and still they're riding around on my back like a monkey rucksack. Why do they think they need to bully a 57 year old woman to find a job? Ive worked all my life since I was 15 and I was working in Istanbul....Ive tried so hard not to take all this personally and to remind myself Im just a number but my records show otherwise. :|:evil:

My PA said the other day 'looking for work is a full time job in itself' well ok if thats the case most of my time is taken up with proving Im looking for full time work for example writing CVs sending them off via the library email phoning employers going to the library to print out emails and other job evidence attending job points to print out jobs as evidence Im actually looking at jobs...then how the hell do I find the time to ACTUALLY look for work? Chasing benefit payments.....chasing crisis loans....attending useless personal advisor interviews on your non signing days. Duuhhhhh!

Edited by Elliebes
extra info

anxiety is a terrible illness and its effects on the person and the nervous system are immense,these people do not care and its very important to understand someone is not the only one,mine is complicated by phobias' anxious as well as social.being called into the job centre and being bullied is an awful experience and can in no way ever be justified,to behave like this in today's climate is totally unacceptable,to sit there and have to listen to them talking rubbish is equally as bad.my doctors advice was to get in and get out of there as quickly as possible,every time i mention the job centre her face pulls'.

they have a habit of blaming everyone else but themselves,the opportunities are just not there and are equally made worse by illness,its against the law now to discriminate on applications by the new equality act,however this does not answer the unavoidable questions about large gaps.i am not the sort of person who will sit there and lie through my teeth and try to brush over real problems to do with reality not their fantasy world.

I'm currently on ESA, while waiting for my appeal date. I was told it wouldn't be before June at the earliest.

I hope it takes forever as I don't think I'll get through the appeal favourably.

It'll only be for a few months as I will be able to claim Pension Credit next year, but even so, I'm dreading having to go through those few months of signing on again.

its a terrible place the job centre,relying on bullying and there's nothing can be done and people are forced to attend.its always been the same but its never worked and gets people nowhere.very hostile intimidating,people say my sympathies are with the staff but they have not yet been sown up and cross stitched by them,the worst one i had was when they tried to sanction me by signing the back of a form i did not get the job,i turned it over and there was an ahh it was all filled in saying i refused employment.i had at home a letter from the company saying my application was unsuccessful the faces dropped.i had to run home get the letter and run back.that's why i have never been sanctioned to date keep proof of everything and try and anticipate the next step.a lot have come unstuck even through no fault of their own.what would have happened if i had not had proof,the grin was it would of went through

do not engage these people unnecessarily in conversation or have anything to do with them,make no mistake they view all those signing the same regardless as workshy lazy and a no gooder they don't discriminate there and will not hesitate to make things as difficult as they can for you.

other then that just leave it behind when you walk out through the door.