style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have started a new thread because i couldnt believe what i have just read from trish82 who posted on the 1st of November 2010.She purchased a second hand bed for what seems to be a total (after charges) of1800.52p she could have purchased a second hand bed off a well known auction site for less than 200,or a new one from a well known high st store for 300 (and thats a two drawer devan).I just cannot believe that the least well off are in fact paying the most,and that they are being pushed further into debt by these types of rent to buy stores,in fact i would go as far as to say that this is one step away from loan sharking.To be honest i would sleep on a blow up camp bed until i had scraped the money together for a cheap second hand one rather than pay such an obscene amount of money,and for a second hand item,at these prices its a wonder they have any customers at all let alone harrass the ones they do have.:-x

I think being as these rent to buy stores work just within the legal framework peoples attitudes need to change and experts such as Lefty on the site team could do worse than advise other options to purchase the goods people need as well as advising people who are in financial difficulty with these companies.

They are preying on vulnurable people with little or no income.Where i live there are a group of families who pay so much a week,either as little or as much as they want into what amounts as a co-operative,its run by a local person on a volutary basis and people keep a record of what they have saved

Of course they are free to take the money they have saved when they want to buy whatever they need,either new or second hand,they dont get into debt,and more importantly do not pay such astronomical prices as above,i have used it myself 3 years ago and believe me it saved me a fortune.

The best way to deal with this type of blatant overcharging is simply dont use them

• 2 weeks later...
I think being as these rent to buy stores work just within the legal framework peoples attitudes need to change and experts such as Lefty on the site team could do worse than advise other options to purchase the goods people need as well as advising people who are in financial difficulty with these companies.

Hi.

I totally understand what you say. However, I feel it is the duty of CAG to assist people, whenever possible, who may have gotten into difficulties with these companies. I really don't feel that CAG has the moral highground to suggest to people how they should live their lives.

Having said that, often simply by visiting this site, people learn very quickly for themselves and don't fall foul of the rent-to-own industry.

Appreciated

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

point taken Lefty i think i was just so taken aback by the antics of this company and some of the stunts they have pulled that i went a sentence too far in terms of a rant but i could really pull my hair out when people keep going back to these stores even after they have experienced serious issues with them,but as you say its their decision not ours.