My second Atos medical

Chrissyangel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. Im so glad ive found this forum,hope someone can help and advise me. I had my first Atos medical last year,for back pain,and depression,ive suffered from really bad back problem for just over 3 years now,also have really bad tinnitus in left ear,keeps me awake all night,plus pain some night etc. I got 0 points,went to tribunal and they gave me 18 points on my letter though it did not mention my back,but hearing,and learning.I did have a lady from CAB with me think she was a welfare rights officer,and she helped alot,plus letter from my GP who said I was unfit to work.Now 6 months later I have recieved another letter asking me to come for a medical atos again,oh before I sent the usual form in with all the questions,then got notification i have to have medical next Wed 12th Jan,I am worried sick,and think this time I will lose definately the medical,most peeps do less at deaths door i think.I did not think they call you back so soon 6 months after winning my appeal.I have heard nothing all these 6 months,not been asked to go to work activity group,i did go for 5 times before my first appeal though,but not a thing till the 24th Dec approx 6 months.I feel really worried,I am not fit to work yet,and my back seems to have gone worse,although ive had MRI cant find anything serious,on medication Tramodal etc but that seems to not be having much affect recently.I have no one to come with me to medical either,and believe this doesn't help,as does going in a car,which I only use sometimes if i go out which is rarely.Would someone from Cab come with me does anyone now,think ive left it too late,will they let me appeal again if fail medical and i deffinately will do?Can aynone advice me please I will have no money if they stop esa,do they pay right away if appealing im sorry i just can not remember if they did last time,my minds confussed through the worry and all the hassle again.Thanks so much.:???:

Edited by Chrissyangel

Hello Chrissy, welcome to the forum. I know a bit about this, but hopefully someone with more in-depth notice will be along later.

I would definitely speak to CAB, but this is a medical and not an appeal. Do you have someone to go with you as moral support? Have a read of leemack's sticky on Atos 'medicals' for some tips on how to handle it.

I don't know why you've been called back so quickly and from what you've said, it's not to do with your work capabilities, because this can be a second assessment by the lovely Atos people. I don't think there's anything to stop you appealing this decision if you don't agree with it and you should be able to continue receiving ESA at the assessment rate. If that does happen, come back to us and we'll help you once you know what you're facing.

I have a sticky too, about appeals and that has information about all that when the time comes. Stickies are on the title page for the Benefits forum, so come out of this post using the back arrow, and scroll up until you find yellow titles. Leemack and I only have one each, so if you look for our names, you should find them.

Don't worry, we're here to help.

HB x

Edited by honeybee13
Mis-spelled name, sorry.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have nothing to add to hb's advice, except that the reason you've been called back in is that when you won your appeal, a date for reassessment was set. And its often one year from the beginning of the award made at appeal - not from the date of the appeal. This is why so many people get reassessed so quickly.

Thanks so much for replies,silly me I didn't see your replies,and put in a question again. I def will be going alone,which doesn't look good at all,but it is only a short drive away from here,im not sure wether it would be best to get a taxi,as saying im driving they will naturally say im capable etc,but I hardly use the car,and only when the roads are quite after tea time.Perhaps it wont matter as i doubt i will be given any points,just have to appeal again.Do you think anyone from the cab would come to medical with me?I no they do for tribunals.Thanks again for all your help.

Hello again. You could ask CAB, but as I said and you just mentioned, I don't know if they do that sort of thing. It's short notice, but you could try.

Re your posting twice, no problem. If you click on the black triangle at the bottom of your post, you can 'report' it ask the site team to either delete the new thread you started, or merge it into this one. It makes it easier for us and you if the answers are all on one thread. The site team don't bite and won't tell you off.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum