Matt v HSBC

taylorit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sent prelim letter on Friday 1st September 2006 claiming £1301.14 in charges and £4.04 in overdraft interest. Totalling £1305.18 These charges relate to a period of just 18 months.

Today still not heard anything back.

Mainly total charges being applied to my account which in turn causing me to go over my agreed overdraft limit meaning more charges and Direct debits in the mean time failing also causing more charges. One month alone i have charges totalling £260. In the Terms & Conditions it states no more than £125 will be taken in any one month. August 2006 I have charges to £180.

In the past I have had charges relating to £110 refunded due to a transfer from a share dealings account not clearing due to the bank not following the instructions issued.

Still awaiting a response from HSBC.

Matt

oh how nice 11/09/2006 it obviously costs the bank £30 for a £13 Direct Debit and yet they paid the direct debit to. I wonder what the charge is for then.

Banks charges total over £200 just this month because of going £50 over my overdraft.

Still no replay from my letter from the bank.

Matt

Seems like your not having a good time with the banks at the moment. Good Luck. Shout if you need any help.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Charges appear on my account today for Unpaid Direct Debit yet no direct debit has gone out :S

OFT will enjoy :D no reply from bank yet Friday sees LBA getting sent off. and o2 have knackered up my mobile bill £350 of charges when my fone been at home switched off while I am abroad :S

Haha

Today I receive an e-message just to inform me that my prelim request letter dated Friday 1st September has been recieved and being dealt with at the relevant department. Who will contact me shortly.

Friday 15th is the day when LBA gets sent out.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Finally today October 4th I recieve a letter from mr Colin Langdale with an offer of £1150.00 of the total figure of £1429.80 requested.

I did accept this offer without the conditional terms.

not a bad offer, meaning quite a bit more generous than i am used to seeing, stick with it though, ensure you send a letter accepting it as partial settlement but reminding them that you will pursue the rest, all the letter you need are in the templates section.

• 2 weeks later...

when the solicitors make you an offer make sure you mention these additional charges and the potential costs to HSBC if they don't repay at the same time.:)

Also anyone know what i can do about HSBC damaging my credit file. I now cannot get credit let alone open a bank account because of HSBC!

HSBC have filed a late payment status every month for the last 12 months due to their charges causing me to go overdrawn.

I noticed this when I checked my credit file out after I was turned down for credit and a savings bank account! I have already filed MCOL before I noticed this.

Is there any way to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

I have just realised by looking at my credit file that HSBC have placed default notices onto my credit file.

Was not put onto my Particulars of claim nor was they detailed on my Prelimanary Request or Letter Before Action.

How can I go about getting these removed?

I am going to write to Experian informing they are being disputed meaning they get removed temporarily.

I have just realised by looking at my credit file that HSBC have placed default notices onto my credit file.

Was not put onto my Particulars of claim nor was they detailed on my Prelimanary Request or Letter Before Action.

How can I go about getting these removed?

I am going to write to Experian informing they are being disputed meaning they get removed temporarily.

Could you send off the template letters you can find on this site? And amend them a bit to say that you are currently disputing charges? If you have filed with MCOL you can't apply to have default removed, as that only lets you claim money back.

It's annoying for you, I can imagine. Someone more experienced will give you better advice, like one of the mods.

Also regarding my O2 bill this was resolved after numerous letters which got no response. I then sent another letter which I cc to Peter Erskine (Chief Executive) threatening complaint to Trading Standards (which I did) and legal action.

Two days later I received a telephone call and letter from his PA apologising and collected some evidence from me regarding staff which I had issues with and credited my disputed bill in full.

Also had problem with my December bill where they placed charges till end of my contract. PA telephoned once again apologising before I noticed and credit them aswell as 2 months free line rental credited.

I did end up getting cut off for 2 weeks during this progress but reconnected and barrs removed free of charge within 48 hours!

3 days later had a letter from Peter Erskine apologising and a full feedback being relayed to the staff regarding this issue which could of been resolved very easily. THIS LETTER WAS NOT AUTOMATED.

Matt

The 28 days is up on Monday 23rd November I have not heard anything from D & G Solicitors or HSBC!

Means Judgement by Default?

Then Warrant 7 days later or can that be issued same time?

Matt

hi matt, just noticed Monday is 20th Nov, have you got the date right? you will be able to apply for judgement by default but I'm sure it will be their oversight if they haven't defended by then and they are likely to apply for the judgement to be set aside, all adding to delays for you in getting your money. Why not drop them a line to remind them of the dates and get the ball rolling for a settlement before the deadline, or give them a call?

HSBC have entered a defence this morning.

What will happen now?

you will receive notice from mcol that the case is being transferred to your local court and my crystal ball tells me that there is an offer of money winging its way to you from DG right as we speak..