Cherryblossom V Natwest - what are my chances? Please help!

cherryblossom10

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened a business bank account with my business partner at Natwest. The business struggled and we closed. To cut a long story short we had an overdraft limit of £5k but went up to £6500 - exceeding the limit. I contacted the bank to advise that we were trying to sell the business and pay back the debt. All bank statements then stopped after this and i guess i am guilty of burying my head in the sand.

After a year i have received a demanding letter saying that we now owe NatWest £9500 due to unauthorised overdraft interest and charges being added each month. I was shocked. My business partner did a runner over 6 months ago and has fled the country and remarried in the U.S. NatWest say that as a partner i am liable for the full amount. I rang FOS helpline in tears who said that this did seem unfair after having NO bank statements or NO correspondence from NatWest for over 12 months. They have sent a letter to complaint to NatWest on my behalf and NatWest are now looking into. What is likely to be the outcome of all of this? Will i have to pay back avery single penny on my own? - I cannot afford to do this. I did not sign an overdraft agreement either but i don't know if my buisness partner did - it was offered over the phone. Please help. Thank you.