Returned package lost - Contained contract phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a contract mobile on Nov 10th via the net with orange. After a week of waiting i got a call to say that the phone i wanted was out of stock, so they gave me another one on the same tarrif.

With the problems with the snow etc... it eventually turned up on the 8th Dec.

Got that fed up waiting and my migration code was due to expire, so i renewed with my current provider.

I called orange to say that i wanted to terminate my contract and the sent a pre paid envolpe to return the phone. Sent it back but they still dont have it.

I did get a receipt but dont know where ive put it. Have contacted Royal mail but no joy there.

Trouble is the contract is still binding till they get the phone back.

Would be willing to pay for the value of the phone if it doesnt turn up, but just thought id get any ideas on here before contacting them.

Thanx

Was this a Special Delivery envelope? If so it will have been tracked but you really do need to find the receipt somehow, without the tracking number and proof of posting there's little you are going to be able to do to track the package, or to claim if it's lost.

If you can't find the receipt at all, it is likely that the tracking numbers on the envelopes are sequential so it may be possible that Orange know the tracking number for the envelope which they sent to you. It's a long shot but worth a try if no joy in finding your receipt.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 1 year later...