style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Not been on here for a while but long story short,I was finally declared bankrupt in May 2010 & was discharged early at the beginning of Dec' 2010.

As part of my bankruptcy I was put on a "nil tax" code & the money I was paying in tax has been getting paid to the OR's agent via direct debit,the last payment is due in March 2011.

Questions,

1) Now that I have been discharged would there be any comeback on me if I were to get a pay rise &/or a large bonus payment in the near future?.

2) If I was to be paid a large bonus in a lump sum before my tax code was reinstated would I be liable to repay the tax amount when my tax code does get reinstated?.

3) If I was to get a pay rise before my tax code was reinstated would I be liable to repay the tax amount when my tax code does get reinstated?.

4) The tax amount I am paying to the OR's agent is a fixed amount & is what I would usually pay in tax on my basic salary,if I were to get any bonus payments made to me during my nil tax code period but continue to only pay the fixed amount would I be liable to repay the amount I would have been taxed on the bonus payments when my tax code does get reinstated?.

Regards

KEF

if your tax amount goes up due to pay rise or bonus, you need to tell moon beever and you will pay a higher amount to moonbeever, you will not need to pay anything back to HMRC later