Non Refundable Service!?

GregK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help?

I recently contacted the CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) run by the cskills (formerly CITB) thinking that I might need to register as a labourer to work on construction sites prior to qualifying as an electrician in which case I could apply through another scheme for authorisation. I explained the situation to a cskills representative on the phone to discus my plan to apply for both labourers and apprentice electricians cards simultaneously. The representative agreed with this method of proceeding and I then paid a registration fee. This was a separate fee to the fee that would be paid to get the card and, with incredibly bad timing, it was only after I paid the first fee that I realised that I might make do with the electrician's card so as to gain access to sites to undertake a number of types of work.

I explained my thinking to the representative and she told me that I would be able to get a refund by using a certain cskills contact. I used this contact and was then told, for the first time, that the fee was for a non-refundable service.

Do I have any rights in this situation?

Thanks