Delta Airlines Delayed Baggage Compensation Question.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I flew out with delta airline from London to New York on the 28th December but on my arrival to New York my suit case had not arrived. I arrived at around 5pm and was told my suitcase was on the evening flight and i would have it delivered to me the next day. However the next day when i tried to call to see what was happening i could not get through and instead the phone would just ring out, i must have called over 100 time. As i literally had nothing but the clothes i travelled in, and which i had been in for a two days already as my flight was originally supposed to be on the 26th but was cancelled, i went out and purchased a new set of clothes. My suitcase case did not arrive until the 1st and even then i had to go to JFK airport my self and collect it as i was told the delivery could take several days.

I am now returning to England and was wondering if anyone how i would be compensated? i have kept all the receipts off all the thing i need to buy to my suitcase being delayed.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, legally I'm not sure you can request compensation. But I would definitely try writing Delta a letter and explaining the situation - the Customer Service staff are allowed to offer Delta SkyMiles members up to 8,000 miles worth of free flight (which I believe is equivalent to only about $80 off of your next flight) But still better than nothing! Hope that helps mate!

I suffered similar last Nov. Airline rep told me to buy necessaries, reqd for ongoing cruise. Case arrived mid pacific after 9 days, Claim sent, with recs to Delta, form from their web site, on our return to U.K. and sterling cheque for total cost of items bought recd 8 weeks later. Nothing for inconvenience or phone calls etc, Good luck with yours. harry

I flew out with delta airline from London to New York on the 28th December but on my arrival to New York my suit case had not arrived. I arrived at around 5pm and was told my suitcase was on the evening flight and i would have it delivered to me the next day. However the next day when i tried to call to see what was happening i could not get through and instead the phone would just ring out, i must have called over 100 time. As i literally had nothing but the clothes i travelled in, and which i had been in for a two days already as my flight was originally supposed to be on the 26th but was cancelled, i went out and purchased a new set of clothes. My suitcase case did not arrive until the 1st and even then i had to go to JFK airport my self and collect it as i was told the delivery could take several days.

I am now returning to England and was wondering if anyone how i would be compensated? i have kept all the receipts off all the thing i need to buy to my suitcase being delayed.

Thanks