BankFodder BankFodder

Kamalamrani

Delta Airlines Delayed Baggage Compensation Question.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3292 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I flew out with delta airline from London to New York on the 28th December but on my arrival to New York my suit case had not arrived. I arrived at around 5pm and was told my suitcase was on the evening flight and i would have it delivered to me the next day. However the next day when i tried to call to see what was happening i could not get through and instead the phone would just ring out, i must have called over 100 time. As i literally had nothing but the clothes i travelled in, and which i had been in for a two days already as my flight was originally supposed to be on the 26th but was cancelled, i went out and purchased a new set of clothes. My suitcase case did not arrive until the 1st and even then i had to go to JFK airport my self and collect it as i was told the delivery could take several days.

I am now returning to England and was wondering if anyone how i would be compensated? i have kept all the receipts off all the thing i need to buy to my suitcase being delayed.

Thanks

Unfortunately, legally I'm not sure you can request compensation. But I would definitely try writing Delta a letter and explaining the situation - the Customer Service staff are allowed to offer Delta SkyMiles members up to 8,000 miles worth of free flight (which I believe is equivalent to only about $80 off of your next flight) But still better than nothing! Hope that helps mate!

I suffered similar last Nov. Airline rep told me to buy necessaries, reqd for ongoing cruise. Case arrived mid pacific after 9 days, Claim sent, with recs to Delta, form from their web site, on our return to U.K. and sterling cheque for total cost of items bought recd 8 weeks later. Nothing for inconvenience or phone calls etc, Good luck with yours. harry

I flew out with delta airline from London to New York on the 28th December but on my arrival to New York my suit case had not arrived. I arrived at around 5pm and was told my suitcase was on the evening flight and i would have it delivered to me the next day. However the next day when i tried to call to see what was happening i could not get through and instead the phone would just ring out, i must have called over 100 time. As i literally had nothing but the clothes i travelled in, and which i had been in for a two days already as my flight was originally supposed to be on the 26th but was cancelled, i went out and purchased a new set of clothes. My suitcase case did not arrive until the 1st and even then i had to go to JFK airport my self and collect it as i was told the delivery could take several days.

I am now returning to England and was wondering if anyone how i would be compensated? i have kept all the receipts off all the thing i need to buy to my suitcase being delayed.

Thanks