Jump to content

Rockwell dca - chasing letters - need help


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all,


have received 3 seperate letters from Rockwell chasing a credit card that is at least over 8 years old and i know for a fact that i havent sent any payments in over 6 years, but im not sure what to do? do i send a SB letter or follow the CCA request then a SB letter.


First letter says: 02/12/2010 - debt is now overdue for £1627 owned by terressea portfolio management please contact them within the next 10 days to discuss.


second letter says: 22/12/2010 debt must be paid within the next 7 days otherwise immediate action will be taken and failure to respond will result in a debt collector may visit yout home or a court judgment/decree maybe requested.


you should also be aware that any court cost awarded will be added to your debt


third letter: 23/12/2010 final notice before action - to prevent legal action from being taken you must arrange payment in full to these offices by the 27th december other wise action will be taken


warrent of execution by baliffs against the goods you own

attachement of earnings order with your present and future employer

charging order on any property you may own now or in the future


so in short i have 2 children and im a single father working. i dont have that money and i know this card is 6-8 years old if not older what should i do and can they send baliffs round.


i have put together a cca request already but havent sent it should i just sent them a letter outlining its status barred?



Link to post
Share on other sites

HI.............as long as you are 100% sure no payments and no acknowledgment of debt to OC or Rockwell,SB letter is all you need to send......................However the letters and form of threats by Rockwell are unacceptable,,inform OFT...................If the debt is owned by Terressea Portfolio Management,did the OC and Terressea send you a letter of Assignment????????????????they where both required to advise you of the Assignment................FS

Link to post
Share on other sites

"OH NO!! NOT THE BAILIFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


What utter nonsense, IMO and if it were me, I would do nothing, except complain to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Also inform the CSA http://www.csaconsumers-uk.com/page/i-have-a-complaint For deliberately misleading and threatening alleged debtors that they can carry out enforcement by way of bailiffs when in fact they cannot, NOT until they have taken you to court won the case against you obtained a CCJ and you then fail to abide by the judge's order, and even then they have to go back to court to request that bailiffs be used.


You would have thought that by now, they would employ educated adults to pen these idiotic empty threatogrammes, but a new year and they still employ ex burger flippers whose mummies still dress them in the morning and tie their laces for them!


I would string these eejitts along for the next 12 months, fools. However if you can't be bothered dealing with children then send them the SB letter, but you MUST make those complaints as well. Keep an eye on your credit file, as if they have placed any adverse data on it then I would sue them for damages.


Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Link to post
Share on other sites

Letter"" if DCA trys to collect Statute Barred debt"" is on page 2 of the Cag LIBRARY under debt collection.just use the letter you do not have to say you do not acknowledge the debt,send the letter recorded delivery,2/3 days after posting check on line to confirm it has been delivered,make a screen shot for your files..................As Bazooka and myself have stated you must also inform OFT and TS you can do this on line under" consumer direct" Rockwell have stepped well outside of the OFT guidelines for DCAs on a number of counts............good luck............FS............sorry missed out the letter of Assignment issue,did you ever receive copies from both parties???????????????I am curious...........FS

Edited by firstship
missed out line
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi..........you have a number of items to deal with, at the present ..................the Assignment issue,look at when you get time.........the OC who is it?????????they should have sent you a letter confirming the sale of the debt to Terressea Portfolio Management this can be just a line in a letter,Terressea should also have done the same.............Have Rockwell sent you a letter stating they are acting for Terressea and have Terressea ever written to you?..................Get the SB underway and inform OFT and TS..............all the best...FS

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

That is good news. Congratulations. :)

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.


If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...