How do you make Rosti?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have tried a few different things as suggested on Google, but just can't get it right. I can't get them to mould together in the pan. Any suggestions please?

I have parboiled and grated the potatoes. I have seasoned and even tried putting a bit of onion in them. They just won't gel together. I seen this done on Come Dine With Me yesterday, but I may be missing something. I know there are some culinary wizards on here, so will expect a quick reply:-D.

Thanks Guys

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Try using uncooked grated potato, finely chopped onion and toss gently in melted butter. That will help stick it all together.

Press into a medium hot pan, either whole, or individual size portions. Fry gently before turning over and frying the other side.

OR if you have a frying pan that will go straight in the oven without having to disturb the rosti by turning, cook one side then bung in the oven for a few minutes to cook through.

Good luck.................save me some please! :D

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I think you need to squeeze the starch out of the tatoes, once grated.

Try using uncooked grated potato, finely chopped onion and toss gently in melted butter. That will help stick it all together.

Press into a medium hot pan, either whole, or individual size portions. Fry gently before turning over and frying the other side.

OR if you have a frying pan that will go straight in the oven without having to disturb the rosti by turning, cook one side then bung in the oven for a few minutes to cook through.

Good luck.................save me some please! :D

I think you need to squeeze the starch out of the tatoes, once grated.

Yep, that helps enormously - then add a beaten egg (recipe from Swiss colleague)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

My recipe has come from a chef and he uses starchy potatoes. The starch helps it glue together.

No eggs, no corn flour, just grated uncooked potato, bit of chopped onion for flavour, mixed well into melted butter and pressed into the pan to cook.

Make it posh by pressing into a ring mold in the pan to keep a tidy shape as it cooks.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!