O2 Changing My Tariff & Terms

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an iPhone 3GS with O2 which is connected to the "O2 £45 on iPhone" which is an old tariff we took out back in 2009 when the phone was connected onto a 2 year deal with O2. Now, the time to upgrade the phone is fast approached and we have been talking to O2 about the best options etc and they have dropped a few bomb shells on me what I'm really not happy about and would like some help or advise on if this is allowed..

1) they have said that I cannot now keep the same tariff when I upgrade due to the tariff I am currently on not being out anymore. I explained that I was advised that I would keep the same tariff when upgrades at the point of sale by way of a "legacy" upgrade. The advise said that this was possible however the terms all changed back in October and I was effected.. The new tariffs that O2 offer mean that I would need to lose my unlimited data bundle and my ability to send MMS messages at 4:1 of my inclusive allowance.

2) O2 also said that they were going to remove my unlimited data bundle anyway and replace it with the new capped allowance of 1GB which is the same as per all NEW customers. My data usage is over 1GB per month anyway and I said that this would cause my to incur charges however the advise simple stated again that my tariff and its all options were no longer offered.

So here I am , can anyone offer me any advise of what I can do or say to O2, the funny thing is that when I call customer care last and asked to be put though to retentions to get a PAC code they just offered it to me straight away without any resistance other than being told I need to pay out the remainder of my contract...

Help - I am getting no where with them and feel that they are changing the goal posts.

Well, you are out of your minimum comitment, actually get your PAC and move if they don't want your business. The trouble is finding an unlimited data package and making sure you have coverage.

T-Mobile are the only provider I'm aware of that currently offer unlimited (with the disclamer that "fair use policy applies"... how much they see as fair is anyones guess tho!)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I still have 5 months to run so I can port out however the remainder of my line rental will be my termination fee. I was wondering if the way that O2 had changed the terms of my contract was a breach that would allow me to leave without penalty ?

Well, you are out of your minimum comitment, actually get your PAC and move if they don't want your business. The trouble is finding an unlimited data package and making sure you have coverage.

T-Mobile are the only provider I'm aware of that currently offer unlimited (with the disclamer that "fair use policy applies"... how much they see as fair is anyones guess tho!)

It will only change IF you upgrade, so the secret is not to. Then buy your preferred handset, them swap the SIM over (trimming to fit if required). This way, you are not self-terminating your advantageous deal for the wrong reasons.

Three are now offering "all you can eat" truly unlimited data on their One Plan for as little as £25 per month including 2000 any network mins 5000 texts and 5000 3 to 3 calls. Although their website has not been updated yet just google "3 unlimited data"

Hi, the data bundle has now changed, I have just logged into the MyO2 section of my online account and see that I now have a 1GB usage allowance on my mobile data where as before it was unlimited....

can they just do this without any consent from me or altering my tariff in any shape within the last 20 months ?

Yes - the data bundle you refer to was not the primary tariff, but a 'bolt on' - in effect an 'accessory', which can last as long as they make it available. My current iPhone signed up in March 2010 and had unlimited Data and Wifi for 12 months. This bold on is not withdrawn, by my 12 months service is unaffected, and I can still use it until March 2011. Once expired, I'll move on to 3UK which has a much better data deal (but no Cloud WiFi).