Ebay annd a Negative comment they can't remove

laineynic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have my own shop on ebay and have run a good business for the last 4 years.

On the 17th December I received an order from a customer and posted it to her. When she received the goods they were badly damaged. I asked her to contact Royal Mail and put a complaint in. As christmas was only 7 days away I refunded the customer in full rather than replacing the item. I advised her that this was what I had done.

About 3 days later I was looking at the feedback and saw that the lady had left me a negative feedback saying that the goods had arrived damged. No mention of the refund I had given her. I emailed her to ask why and she said because I had asked her to contact royal mail and it was my responisbi;ity to ensure the goods had arrived un damaged. I emailed her back and explained the situation and heard nothing. I contacted ebay and they told me to send her a request to withdraw negarive feedback. So I did and she refused.

Becuae I have never had a negative feedback ever I though I can't live with this on my account. So I sent a further apology, offered to replace the goods and asked her to reconsider her negative comments. She wrote back saying that she now wanted to reverse the comments. But doesn't know how to do it.

On her behalf I contcted ebay and asked them what to do. Because she has rejected the reversal feedback ebay cannot od anything about it. They have told me that the customer needs to contact them to have it reversed. The customer has been refunded in full, replacements sent and I have unfair negative comments.

I fear this will affect my business and don't know where to go from here. Ebay have shown me that they have very little support when it comes to the seller.

Elaine

Isdnt the problem with feedback that the buyer cannot enter a narrative to a negative feedback?

Perhaps if you have not done feedback for gher as a buyer you can enter a brief note that you have acted very properly, Appreciate the desire for 100% but, onbe neg will not neccessarily deter others particularly under the circs, we once sold a book to someone, posted quickly but it didnt arrive, rather than contact us first,they negged !

Hope you can resolve this, there are many unreasonable people in Ebay land

Hi, you can reply to the negative comment on your feedback page to put your side across, the customer can also add a 2nd comment to your feedback.

I wouldn't worry about one negative, it doesn't put customers off and if they see the reason for the negative (and your further comments under it) it shouldn't deter them at all.

I have also had an ebay shop for about 6 years, we did 4 without any negatives also, so I do know how you feel. Don't let it get you down, the time you spend being angry with eBay or your customer is taking time away from more positive things you could be doing for your shop.

Hope you have a prosperous year on eBay, good luck!

Surely there are very few sellers with 100% positive feedback it is almost impossible to maintain, sooner or later someone will compalin even if every has been perfect, people complain about slightly late postage (fopr example during the bad wetather) or perhaps coz an item is a slight diff colour.

I do read the feedback when i go to buy an item, but unless the feeback is consistently bad then like many buyers I realise there are a lot of people out there who will compalin even when it is totally unjustified.

Ebay have made various changes to the feedback system over the years but its still far from perfect but perhaps the best system there is ?

Andy