Urgent advise needed. Please help!!!!!!!!!

alimahat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Am new to this forum and so please excuse me if am puting this in the wrong section.

I bought a car from a man via Autotraders three weeks ago. The advert claimed that it was in good condition and had just passed its MOT. Not knowing much about cars, I assumed that the car must be fine seeing that the MOT was done just three days before. My brother in law paid and brought the car home. The next day the car would not fire up when I start the engine. I phone the seller only to find that the the number does not work anymore.

Called the RAC who got the car started and a friend advised me to take it to a Renault garage to have a diagnostics done.

What they told me shock me to bits.

• The convertor had been cut open and welded back which causes the car over revving.
  • The Ball Joint - left side Worn / Damaged, lower arm required
  • Front offside spring is broken,
  • Both the front outer driveshaft gaitors adrift clips are broken;
  • N/S/R Shocker protective sleeve is damaged

The man advised me to return it back to the seller and when I told him that I cannot contact him, it said that I should then contact the garage that did the MOT as the car should not have passed in the first place.

I contacted the garages, who refuse to give me the details of the seller, but when I threaten to contact VOSA, the manager said that he will call me back to arrange a day with me so that they can do the work. The whole of last week, I did not hear from him and when I tried to contact him, I get passed from one person to the other.

I contacted Vosa on wednesday and made an arrangement with them to have the car's MOT checked.

Now the garage after being contacted by VOSA about my complaint said that I should take the car to them next week and they will do all the work needed at no expense to me and even pay my petrol to get there.

I would like to know whether I should take them on their offer?

If I do will there be any consequences with VOSA for withdrawing my complaint, which the garage want me to do?

Apologies for the long rant and thank you for reading.

cant see why

i wouldthink bosa would be pleased with the reult

just ell them what is happening and say you'll ocntact them when you are happy the car is as it should be

job done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cant see why

just ell them what is happening and say you'll ocntact them when you are happy the car is as it should be

job done

dx

Me thinks dx was on the New Year pop last night :)

You have certainly done the right thing. The reason they want it withdrawn is that they can lose their MoT testing certificate and probably get most of their work through MoTs.

I don't think you should withdraw the complaint. They have made the boob and they have offered to put it right at their cost so they are not only worried but I would suggest have closer ties with the seller than they are letting on.

You don't have to tell them you are not withdrawing the complaint with Vosa, (which won't make one iota of a difference anyway, they are now in Vosa's little black book and can expect a few invisible visits from them).

You should contact Autotrader at the first opportunity, explain to them what you have done and about Vosas involvement and ask them for the details of the advertiser.

If non of the responses are to your satisfaction, there is always the courts who can order that the sellers name and address be divulged.

Good Morning and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for your replies.

Now that the garage is taking the blame and sorting the car, do I still have to follow up on the seller? I cannot afford to reject the car at this stage as I will not have a car to drive and cannot afford to buy another one now, which will be a great inconvenience.

You should follow up on the seller so you can get a refund of the Dealer diagnostic charges. If you are happy that the car has been repaired to what you expect a car of that price should be, or as the regulations term it 'Satisfactory Quality', then forget the rejection. The main thing is that you are happy with your purchase and that it does what you expect it to do.

When you have finished with all this, please come back and name the seller and the MoT garage.

cant see why

job done

dx

sorry thats a bit garbled

i have problems wth my wireless keyboard and ham radio stuff somtimes

but i should check posts too.

what i meant was, the msg read the OP was worried about the cons

with vosa, if he accepted the repair,- its obv vosa have contacted the garage

so he should not worry.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...