HFO - Morgan Stanley

Zareb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Sorry about this message as I can see that their are alot of HFO threads in existence already, but if I'm honest i'm finding some of them a bit hard to follow.

If anyone could help me with my situation it would be greatly appreciated, as i'm truly clueless on this so kinda need someone to walk me through all the steps.

HFO sent me a "Reminder Notice of Assignment" in Summer concerning a debt apparently owed to Morgan Stanley.

They then further sent me a letter about a month later with a "72 hour notice of Litigation"

For this month I was getting phone calls daily from them pestering me.

After this letter I phoned them, told hem I wanted all correspondence in writing from now on and that I did not acknowledge the debt. I asked them if they could furnish me with the original documentation so I could verify if it was mine or not.

This has never been done!

Today I received a "Schedule of Litigation" from them, telling me they were taking me to court.

I now don't know what to do.

The account in question was :

Opened: Oct 2004

Last Payment: Dec 2006

Default notice: Mar 2007

Please tell me if their is anymore info that you need, that will help.

Please guys any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards and a happy new year.

Zareb

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and welcome to CAG - it is suddenly getting busy round here.

Have you sent a formal CCA request with £1 postal order?

Did they enclose any personal information in the letters?

Don't worry, you are not alone.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

thank you kindly for the response and for your reassuring words.

I haven't sent a CCA form. I haven't done anything apart from that 1 phone call. :(

I've read through the 3 letters and can't seem to see any information which isn't just standard blurb. (other than the old morgan stanley account number and the amount they are saying I owe them.)

What would you suggest I do?

Send this CCA thingy?

Link to CCA letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

In the Notice of assignment did they say who owns the debt?

By 'personal data' I mean was anything included with the letters such as credit reports, details of your home/employment or copies of HMCS pubications or did the letters refer to threats to take action against your property or income.

donate

The somewhat incorrectly titled "Reminder notice of assignment" (considering i never got an initial letter of assignment) referenced the debt being sold from Morgan Stanley. however the account dates i referenced above were gained from HFO when i phoned them to say i did not acknowledge the debt.

the schedule of litigation has a HMCS - "Civil and Family court Fees" thing attached to it.

Should I be contacting Northampton county court? It says i only have 14 days to lodge a defense from the date of postage and the thing was posted 12 days ago and I only got it today! >:(

Hi you need to acknowledge the claim and you have up to 29 days from when they filed the claim. 5 days for service+ 14 days to acknowledge and 14 days to submit a defence.

You need to SAR Barclaycard which bought Morgan Stanley accounts.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

link to my thread which was a Morgan Stanley, long read, all goes pear shaped, then I kicked their backsides and they gave in.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?144119-HFO-court-claim-**WON**&highlight=

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

again i know i'm being a bit gushy here, but really thank you, your help is really appreciated.

@ Coledog, I have only received the schedule of litigation from HFO which mentions Northampton CC. I've got nothing from the court itself.

@ Broken Arrow, thank you for the link, I will read that now. As for the other advice, how do i ackowledge the claim and how do i SAR Barclay Card?

thanks again guys.

:)

@ Broken Arrow, thank you for the link, I will read that now. As for the other advice, how do i ackowledge the claim and how do i SARlink3.gif Barclay Card? SAR template below, you will have to modify to suit.

Then there is no claim as yet, just a threat, would still do the SAR as it takes up to 40 days.

Standard SAR.doc

@ Broken Arrow, It says it was sold to HFO Capital Ltd. however it also says the account is currently being managed by HFO Services Ltd.

@ DonkeyB, I got into financial hardship a few years ago, tried a payment plan with Morgan Stanley, but they kept charging me massive amounts of interest and fees for late payment. Couldn't keep up with them, I pleaded with them repeatedly to stop the interest and late fees and I would make a payment each month, told them i was unemployed and a student, however it just didnt matter. Eventually got to the point where I my grades were suffering, I couldnt sleep and I was losing weight. decided then not to pay anymore til they could see reason, and alas that never happened. Now HFO have come after me for that and an extra £1500, which is nice of them.

@ Elsa, I would love to as I've already scanned the documents and edited them, however this site has a 10 post limit i think before i can attach images. So once i get to 10 posts I will upload them to the site.

Thanks everyone, this is appreciated and happy hogmany!

Donkey's a*** I should co-co!

Don't worry, I think these are just nasty threats. The letters you have received are quite common on this site and probably need some complaints to the relevent authorities. Have they made any reference to your home or employment?

Posting the letters would be useful as would some background to this.

donate

Right, last post of the year off out soon, but don,t worry zareb, you are in very good hands, hooves and paws, HFO and Morgan Stanley are my favourite threads, keep posting and we will be here to help you out.

see you next year all, have a good one, but not you the Concillian group company, 2011 is going to be a Annus horribilis For them :whoo:

Am attempting to dull the evening with the help of my friend Jack Daniels but will be happy to offer further advice and links tomorrow. Cheers!

See you next week pet........

Hmmm... they never gave me a date of assignment. I'm assuming that would have been in the original notice of assignment (which they never sent me), i just have a poxy reminder letter which states;

"As you have already been informed,...."

As for background to this, what kind of information would you find helpful?

Have a great hogmany everyone (yup a resident of bonny Scotland)

Regards,

Zareb