Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am so glad to hear you are going to be fighing Marlin and Barclays also. I am like you 10pack, if they want to go to court then i will be up for that. I am just sick of them passing this case to debt collectors and getting them to hassle us and threaten us. If Barclays had any guts they would phone themselves and talk to us. There is no way i am going to be paying money for nothing, i don't have a computer course, they didn't give me any money, all i ever got was one book and if i am paying thousands for a book then that is the most expensive computer book in the world. Just wish more people would post, so i know what they are all doing and if they are getting hassled

There is more people that have been contacted by marlin, in fact I have been chatting with a couple of them.

I intend to send a SAR to BPF and ask for all information they have about me then will see what is going on.

I am thinking all this is some devious trick by marlin, have you noticed the address on back of envelope? its not the Cardiff address and does not have a barclays logo, the dates of both letters are of same date how if they are from different companies.. as is the others I chatted with .

I am thinking that all this is marlin and I think they brought our info off some other debt collector.

When I phoned marlin they refused to supply a true copy of deed of assignment and admitted they do not have a true copy of my signed agreement.. both are needed and its a criminal offense to not supply them on request.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all I finally got round to speaking to Marlin today. The person that I spoke to said that BPF had not informed them that the matter was in dispute and that I would need to send them some kind of proof, at this point I told her that as Marlin had bought my information from BPF the onus was on them to contact BPF for that information and if they contact me in the meantime by any method i.e. phone or letter that I would be reporting them to trading standards.

Hi all I finally got round to speaking to Marlin today. The person that I spoke to said that BPF had not informed them that the matter was in dispute and that I would need to send them some kind of proof, at this point I told her that as Marlin had bought my information from BPF the onus was on them to contact BPF for that information and if they contact me in the meantime by any method i.e. phone or letter that I would be reporting them to trading standards.

You did the right thing I am getting more certain that they may have some data on us, maybe they brought something on a floppy or such.

They admitted they did not have a signed copy of my credit agreement and refused to send a true signed copy of deed of assignment told me the letters post is enough proof, I told them this is not true.

Do you have ability to check your credit report? you will find an unrecorded inquiry by "Lowell Portfolio I Ltd" ,

that is Marlin doing an identity check to see who you are and where you live I do not think they would have done this if they had all information from barclays.

please look at the letters in the envelope supposedly from barclays, the date on both of them is the same date, this despite the info on barclays letter stating "transfer" of the loan to marlin on 20th December...

the letters were printed in same font I bet marlin printed them.

also the return address on the back of envelope is not a Cardiff address, barclays always used envelopes with their logo on them.

I think this is marlin being devious making us believe they own the loan.

I intended to restart my effort to get barclays to court last year after that law firm we had arranged backed out on the 6 of us, I intended to take them to county court but had other problems to attend to.

It looks to me that they will not leave us alone on this until we do. that lawyer chose us 6 out of those that asked to be included in the no win no fee claim, he sifted through them and chose us as the ones with very good chance of successful claim in court so I have no doubts of winning.

Same situation as you guys, been getting phone calls from Marlin, and for some reason sent the letters to my old address even though Barclays have my new one?!

A bit silly of Barclays to pass this on when the account is in dispute. Barclays obviously have no interest in resolving this in a sensible matter.

Edited by THE ROADIE

Same situation as you guys, been getting phone calls from Marlin, and for some reason sent the letters to my old address even though Barclays have my new one?!

A bit silly of Barclays to pass this on when the account is in dispute. Barclays obviously have no interest in resolving this in a sensible matter.

if they are posting to an old address that give credence to my idea that they just brought a load of data and hoping to make money off it.. don't tell them your new address don't give them any usable information dont tell them if you are working.. nothing.

When I spoke with them they admitted they did not have a copy of my signed agreement they have to supply you with that on request if they cant do it.. they have committed a criminal offense.

In the same boat as you guys. Received nice new year letter from Marlin on the same date. Was considering my options and than today received another one this time from Marlin Financial Services (same crap) stating that I need to contact them to set up payment plan and supply loads of personal information (form on second page). Well yeah I cant wait to fullfil all of that...:mad2:

Instead decided it is time to ask for CCA and correctly signed DOA. I dont even waste my time and money calling them as this is useless anyway. Will see what happens.

I am in this (slightly) better situation that in fact I could afford monthly repayment. But 7k for 1 book and 3 weeks of so called course? NO F... WAY.

I might give CCA request a go against Barclays Partner Finance later too if lucky with Marlin. Why not to try my luck when Barclays proved so many times they've got mess bigger than Everest there... who knows...

Anyway, even so I followed our forum closely for very long time and also been in Fuzzbut group I missed your - 10pack - lawyer group. Is there a way to still join you? I even considered to put some money forward but so far most lawyers I spoke to were asking for thousands with no guarantee....

And I ask again here: IF Barclays is so entitled to our money why still we had no court and bailiffs on us???

In the same boat as you guys. Received nice new year letter from Marlin on the same date. Was considering my options and than today received another one this time from Marlin Financial Services (same crap) stating that I need to contact them to set up payment plan and supply loads of personal information (form on second page). Well yeah I cant wait to fullfil all of that...:mad2:

Instead decided it is time to ask for CCA and correctly signed DOA. I dont even waste my time and money calling them as this is useless anyway. Will see what happens.

I am in this (slightly) better situation that in fact I could afford monthly repayment. But 7k for 1 book and 3 weeks of so called course? NO F... WAY.

I might give CCA request a go against Barclays Partner Finance later too if lucky with Marlin. Why not to try my luck when Barclays proved so many times they've got mess bigger than Everest there... who knows...

Anyway, even so I followed our forum closely for very long time and also been in Fuzzbut group I missed your - 10pack - lawyer group. Is there a way to still join you? I even considered to put some money forward but so far most lawyers I spoke to were asking for thousands with no guarantee....

And I ask again here: IF Barclays is so entitled to our money why still we had no court and bailiffs on us???

the lawyer we had arranged pulled out after 3 months, I also found out there was another group who was not even related to advent but are in same mess with BPF, I was chatting with one of them she asked if I could give her the name of the lawyer we intended to use.. turned out this same lawyer that dumped us also dumped them a month before it seems the company he worked for had bigger fish to fry.

I am in contact with other students through email one way or another we will have to take BPF to court probably same as Fuzzbutt in country court.. that goes for marlin if they don't F off out the way I am not in a mood for any of them.

Ask Marlin for a signed copy of your credit agreement I already asked for mine in a phone call the rep admitted they did not have it..

send barclays a "subject access request" (there should be a form template on this site) it asks them to send you all the information they hold on you, since they are covered by data protection laws they must give you all the info they have even screen dumps and recordings.

once you have the information can see what barclays have been doing and see if they actually sold us on.

I was thinking what if I also sent one of these at marlin.. they would have to send everything they have on me, would be an interesting experiment.

Hi Guys

Regarding the situation with Marlin I suggest that you check the account numbers supplied by marlin and a genuine letter from barclays, I checked mine its incorrect.. not even close.

I am still sending out a challenge letter and a SAR request to BPF I want all info off them.

Edited by 10pack

Hi Guys

Regarding the situation with Marlin I suggest that you check the account numbers supplied by marlin and a genuine letter from barclays, I checked mine its incorrect.. not even close.

I am still sending out a challenge letter and a SAR request the BPF I want all info off them.

Just to point out obvious.. dont tell them the real number.. if they are stupid enough to go to court with it let them.

And by the way guys, I always see the advice to not sign any documents sent to those crocks, so I use digital one or type-like font. But than when sending CCA or SAR request I have to pay a fee by check. And than I have to sign the check... So in fact I am forced to give them my signature anyway?..........

And by the way guys, I always see the advice to not sign any documents sent to those crocks, so I use digital one or type-like font. But than when sending CCA or SAR request I have to pay a fee by check. And than I have to sign the check... So in fact I am forced to give them my signature anyway?..........

Use Postal orders get them from post office they even type the name of the receiver on them and they are crossed so only they can cash them

have you checked your account number with the one supplied by them? I am getting reports from other students they have wrong account numbers.. its a S,cam!

Edited by 10pack

Yes you right! The account number is incorrect!!!

But my CCA request with signed check already posted... Will be meat for Trading Standards i guess...

Yes we all should report this to trading standards and OFT.

this company is already under the spotlight with what they have been caught doing before, evidence is on Ch4 Dispatches program.. debt collectors , so more violations means more pressure on these ****.

Hi guys, after nearly 2 years of wrangling with the FOS, I finally got a decision from them and guess what? they found in BPF's favour. They stated that the alternate course provider (Computeach) chosen by BPF is identical to that that I chose with Advent. They also went on to state that no form of aggressive marketing was used by advent to get me to sign up, this is despite me having 3 letters proving so. The FOS have said that I should now negotiate with BPF to start the course with Computeach which is somewhat ironic as the time that I have waited for them to come up with a verdict I have obtained most of the qualifications from the Advent course on my own, and am now working within the IT industry, so why would I want to go back and start again. The FOS judgement reads to me as I go into a car show room and buy a BMW M3 on HP, then a few weeks before the car is delivered the show room goes into administration. The show room's creditors after a few months of doing sod all then inform me that I will be sent a new car, this time a Skoda, arguing that it is also a car and does exactly what the other car does. Since receiving the letter I have done some more research on the OFT's website. I will be sending out a couple of letters this week, one to Marling asking for the DOA and a copy of my CCA. One to the OFT to look into the whole matter as it has a very bad smell about it. And as for BPF if they wish to get a penny from me, they will have to grow a pair and take me to court, and even that wont get me giving them a single penny. My opinion of the FOS is that they are not independent from the big banks and thus tend to side with them.

Hi all, just noticed as most of you have already that the account number that Marlin has sent on their letter is different to the original one that is on my BPF paperwork. Also the signature on the accompanying BPF letter seems to have been photoshoped onto the letter (quite badly)

Right, response for CCA and DOA from Marlin:

"We write with reference to your letter dated (...) and your request for further information and documentation.

We confirm that as we do not hold all of your information on file, we have requested a statement of account and copy of agreement from the original creditor and we will forward to you upon receipt.

If you wish to discuss the matter further (...)" bla bla bla, unreadable signature (photoshoped).

So shame I sent them signed check for statutory fee which they already cashed. They unfortunately got my signature this way.

Anyway will see what and when they send back in response next time. My guess? Nothing really valid and legitimate.

Will let you know guys.

Right, response for CCA and DOA from Marlin:

"We write with reference to your letter dated (...) and your request for further information and documentation.

We confirm that as we do not hold all of your information on file, we have requested a statement of account and copy of agreement from the original creditor and we will forward to you upon receipt.

If you wish to discuss the matter further (...)" bla bla bla, unreadable signature (photoshoped).

So shame I sent them signed check for statutory fee which they already cashed. They unfortunately got my signature this way.

Anyway will see what and when they send back in response next time. My guess? Nothing really valid and legitimate.

Will let you know guys.

so if they do not have a copy of credit agreement something they also admitted to me on phone.. and they refused to supply a true signed copy of deed of assignment, I have to ask how can they claim to have brought our loan from BPF?

I have sent off a subject access request to BPF to get all information they hold on me.. so hopefully this will tell me if they have sold on my debt.

I have not heard anything off Marlin for over 2 weeks since I phoned them and explained I am still in dispute with BPF maybe they was snowed in??

I do know others have had second letters asking for details of their income and out goings from Marlin.

Guys, can someone confirm that Cardiff address for Barclays Partner Finance is still valid?

Its pretty dead activity wise on here not sure why.. I still have not had any communication from Marlin since my phone conversation with them the other week.

I know others of us have been contacted by Marlin, and I bet you also have had a Lowell Portfolio I Ltd search on your accounts, not sure if they are working for themselves or for Marlin.. anyone know?.

This address gets answered, I sent off my SAR request they sent it back wanted signature.. I re-posted just waiting now

If you are sending in a SAR mark it.. Attn Data Controller and don't forget to send it recorded signed for

Clydesdale Financial services trading as Barclays Partner Finance

PO Box 2501

Cardiff

CF23 0FP

Hey everyone, aint checked this thread out for ages. I have had a couple of letters from Marlin and a few phonecalls. unfortunately i keep missing their calls. The one call i did answer i asked what it was regarding they told me they couldnt say until i confirmed security details which i didnt do and put phone down. they have called a few times since and when ive answered it goes to a recorded message saying i need to contact them. im really not gonna do that. They called again today but from a different number but still same recorded message. Im just gonna ignore them. Havent heard anything from Barclays for about 2 years. Im sure on the letter recieved from marlin it mentions Natwest on it, seems very dodgy

Hey im here again. Just checked my credit file. Lowell whoever have done a check, but heres the interesting part i have an alert telling me ive had an addition or deletion on my file. turns out marlin have appeared next to it but for balance it says settled very odd

Hi

I have not checked my credit file for a few weeks so not up to any new activity, last time I checked I spotted that lowell had been snooping around in October last year, I think they must in so way be linked with the company BLACK TIP CAPITAL PORTFOLIO (UK) LIMITED that took over Marlin, when you look at the number of companies inter-linked like a spiders web it makes you wonder who is behind all this?

I read somewhere that Marlin was given a loan of £80m by RBS so that they can finance their call centers and collection activities.. its our money the gits are using to try to nail us.

Hey im here again. Just checked my credit file. Lowell whoever have done a check, but heres the interesting part i have an alert telling me ive had an addition or deletion on my file. turns out marlin have appeared next to it but for balance it says settled very odd

I just checked my credit file it also shows Marlin added account, they have also added a default to my credit file as far as I am aware you cant be defaulted again for the same loan, they have also added to the balance that was originally on Clydesdale account, again this can not be correct.