Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guysYes, I think the offer Barclays (via Hogan Lovells) made to me is an act of desperation because they know they are on shaky ground. Celina, no worries, I've got a solid case I believe, with a mass of evidence and good arguments to put before the judge. I shall be copying this letter to the court in any case for evidence this week.The fact that Barclays have been pursuing people via various debt collectors for nearly 2 years yet have refused to take anyone to court in that time, despite threats, is very telling!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guysYes, I think the offer Barclays (via Hogan Lovells) made to me is an act of desperation because they know they are on shaky ground. Celina, no worries, I've got a solid case I believe, with a mass of evidence and good arguments to put before the judge. I shall be copying this letter to the court in any case for evidence this week.The fact that Barclays have been pursuing people via various debt collectors for nearly 2 years yet have refused to take anyone to court in that time, despite threats, is very telling!

I hope all goes well for you Fuzzbutt..

we all need to get this sorted and your case will be the start of this I think... need to start moving on with our lives.

Hi guys i've just spent some time trawling through Companies House and found out that Computeach is listed as Dormant and Non Trading. This means they are technically broke. Can someone else please have a look to veriy this.

Cheers

Hi guys i've just spent some time trawling through Companies House and found out that Computeach is listed as Dormant and Non Trading. This means they are technically broke. Can someone else please have a look to veriy this.

Cheers

I just had a quick look, there are a few companies but all of them, seem to have small business exemptions, and a couple or from other countries so it rules them out too. Very interesting!! I hate people losing their jobs, but wouldn't it be great if computeach folded too then Barclays would be totally stuffed!

Here you go. Nothing really, just your average company ticking over.

computeach.jpg

So where did you get this data from.. and what does it mean?

Last I heard computeach was running at a year on year of about -£2.4m until they got paly with barclays.. then I dont know what happened..

maybe they did an advent.. and made the extra cash vanish?

maybe they did an advent.. and made the extra cash vanish?

What you have to look at financial wise, is the period from end of 2009 [just before Barclay's got involved] until the end of 2011 [which is the data shown]

Very little growth, possibly due to lack of expected student influx.

Like i said - ticking over [just]

What you have to look at financial wise, is the period from end of 2009 [just before Barclay's got involved] until the end of 2011 [which is the data shown]

Very little growth, possibly due to lack of expected student influx.

Like i said - ticking over [just]

But is that how advent worked.

the barclays rep told me that all loans taken out through them.. the money had been paid out up front, so technically there should have been enough money to cover all students in training..

but no matter how much money advent took.. the company showed little cash because its been creamed off into another bank account and only enough to cover day to day running costs was left.. so when the company went bust there is no money to pay the debters.. or refund students.

Speaking of which, does anyone know or have heard anything from students who paid up front for their courses.. not through a loan?

have any tried to get their money from some other means?? where they would I have no idea.. but there must be some students.

Edited by 10pack

Hi all I've just had a long chat with an adjudicator from the FOS and in effect it does not matter what evidence you produce they will side with BPF. They believe that by providing us with Computeach they have remedied the breach of contract. When I pointed out to him that I rejected them based on the fact that they were being taken to court by their own students and their bad reputation, he said that the fact that they were providing an identical qualification to what we signed up for was all that they were concerned with. He also said that we all had 14 days in which to cancel the contract, to which I pointed out to him that seen as I only received the welcome to Advent book/ questionaire 3 weeks after I signed up how was I expected to make an informed decision??? thus being able to cancel the contract.

So there we are, it looks like if we want any justice on this matter, we are going to have to go to court.

I hope the adjudicator did not at least laugh at you on the phone like my one did, they don't care about us at all mainly because they are all just trying to land jobs in the big banks the employees of which they go drinking with on a Friday! It sounds far fetched but i have witnessed this first hand, the FOS HQ was opposite my old office, which in turn is opposite the Headquarters of Barclays and HSBC.

I know I was just as gobsmacked at what he was saying, its a bit like saying a Degree obtained from Oxford is the same as one got from say Southbank University. In effect the FOS are denying the consumer rights to choice and that any breach of contract by a supplier can be remedied by that supplier by what ever means that they chose regardless of how suitable or whatever their reputation is.

I have got most of the info that I need before I start a claim against BPF. I intend to repudiate the contract, ask for all monies paid by me to date to be refunded with interest and that my credit record is redeemed by BPF.

I fully support your views, I honestly believed that when my wife & I took our case to fos I firmly believed that they would take one look at our case and find in our favour, but not a bit of it regardless of the evidence we presented it made no difference. It may also turn round in the courts with the tables turning on capitalism and the banks in particular. Before this case with BPF my wife had a perfect Credit Record, yet even though Barclays accept that we are contesting their decision they still refuse to withdraw their record of this and the least they should is ensure that my wife's credit re-installed.

Also at this time BPF should drop all the supposed debts they say people like ourselves have them when like in our case my wife was asked to be garauntor for our son, we produced proof of this to fos and they ignored it and repeated the law surrounding Section 75. Our intention is the same as yours.

I started a course with Advent and a loan with Barclays Partner Finance in Sept 2009. Advent went bust a couple of months later and i was stuck with the loan. I was informed months later that computeach would be supplying the training who i have had very little contact with and my completion date has passed, however i'm still paying Barclays for a nonexistent service.

Should i just cancel my payments and await the onslaught of dept collectors?

Any info on what the best course of action would be, would be greatly appreciated.

After reading some of the posts however i'm not too confident of getting my money back.

Edited by BigOlly80

I want compensation for Barclays harassment. I had a perfect credit history before they marked my file while I was (still am) disputing the account. I was even declined a credit card which I needed to put a deposit down on the flat I am now renting with my other half because of them.

Edited by caro
Removing ref in response to touting above.

A number of posts have been removed from this thread regarding requests to PM people for information on solicitors. Please note the site rules regarding touting and remember that this is a self help site. If you think there is a special reason that you should be exempt from this please email full details and ask permission by emailing admin@consumeractiongro up.co.uk (without the spaces).

Please note my signature about help that requires payment.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Caro I tried to answer you but your PM box seems to be overflowing and refuses to accept my message..

I am not touting for business, I am not a lawyer or involved with any company.

I truthfully and in good faith gave account of my own personal experiences that I have had over the past 2 years in answer to a fellow cagger who asked for advice..

if you had read my first answer message fully, you would have seen I wrote I have been unemployed for the past two and a half years after being made redundant (I worked in electronics area)..

which was the reason I unfortunately signed up for training with Advent in the first place.

If you are unemployed and on benefits you will be exempt from court fees. :wink:

Edited by caro

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You may also be exempt from court fees if on a low income.