Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

wonder if anyone can help i have recently recieved a letter from a company called DVSL after doing some digging i find its a debt recovery agency i immediately know its in relation to the loan for this stupid advent course i have sent letters to Barclays partner finance to which no responce and the customer advice team as i feel this is in dispute basically need to know what to do now any help will be much appreciated

Happy christmas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys

wonder if anyone can help i have recently recieved a letter from a company called DVSL after doing some digging i find its a debt recovery agency i immediately know its in relation to the loan for this stupid advent course i have sent letters to Barclays partner finance to which no responce and the customer advice team as i feel this is in dispute basically need to know what to do now any help will be much appreciated

Happy christmas

Hi, seems to have went quiet here for a while just saw your post. I ignore all DCA's and have been threatened by every trick they have. nothing's happened so here's a link to some great advice here on cag. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/entry.php?180-Debt-Threats-a-quick-self-help-guide also just remember they will have the same rights as the postman none. Don't worry.

After hearing nothing from Barclays for ages I get 3 letters from them in the space of 2 weeks! Annual account statement and them telling me they are passing me details to a debt collector and marking my credit rating. It's laughable as they have already harassed me with debt collectors and have already marked my credit rating. They didn't even fill in their letter properly as they said your debt collector will be:

And didnt put anything. I think another account in dispute letter to them and another complaint to FOS...

The last I heard from Barclays was a statement around this time last year and another the year before.

Not had anything at all in the past 12 months from them or DCA's. Should probaby expect a statement soon.

Anyway its exactly a month today for fuzzbutts case. Good Luck!!

Fuzzbutt they are supposed to be quick, I suppose it depends on where u live and the case. In respect of my case we have just before Xmas received a statement followed by a letter from a DCS in early January. Our case concerns mis-selling by Advent who asked my son for a garantor and when they went bust we argued that the debt should be written off and they offered my wife who was not the student a course with Computeach which my son pointed out was different. We took our case to FOS and they refused our case, firstly under Section 75 and ignored our claim of mis-selling we are now planning to take court action against Barclays. Funnily enough Barclays also dismissed the mis-selling claim by the fact that they said Advent had completed a tick box questionnaire which showe that everything had been done correctly.

Funnily enough Barclays also dismissed the mis-selling claim by the fact that they said Advent had completed a tick box questionnaire which showed that everything had been done correctly.

:lol:A tick box questionnaire, well that certainly satisfies any argument against miselling doesn't it? I got told i would be working at HSBC headquarters after i passed my first two exams! Looks like i am as big a Mug as the people that designed that questionaire!

Now here's a thing...3 weeks before my court action against Barclays, their lawyer Hogan Lovells write to me to say 'as a gesture of goodwill and with no admission of liability whatsoever' (HA HA!) Barclays are prepared to offer me the 'ability to resume your studies with Computeach at any time, with no limit on the period of time you require to finish your studies'.

Now does that not smack of desperation to avoid a court hearing? If I was really cynical I'd say they are BRICKING IT! I guess this is some last minute effort so they can whine to the judge that they have made a 'reasonable offer' and I'm the one being unreasonable. How underhand and offensive.

Well the bastards can shove that you know where! I don't intend even replying.:-x

Now here's a thing...3 weeks before my court action against Barclays, their lawyer Hogan Lovells write to me to say 'as a gesture of goodwill and with no admission of liability whatsoever' (HA HA!) Barclays are prepared to offer me the 'ability to resume your studies with Computeach at any time, with no limit on the period of time you require to finish your studies'.

Now does that not smack of desperation to avoid a court hearing? If I was really cynical I'd say they are BRICKING IT! I guess this is some last minute effort so they can whine to the judge that they have made a 'reasonable offer' and I'm the one being unreasonable. How underhand and offensive.

Well the bastards can shove that you know where! I don't intend even replying.:-x

Hi Fuzzbutt,

Think you're spot on I am on the students website going through some of the letters etc., when ur post popped up interesting that the gesture of goodwill is highlighted by CAG and is saying basically if you get this you've won There Computeach offer is a joke by the way some gesture by them is that the best they've got. Go Get 'Em Fuzz.

Hi Fuzzbutt,

Think you're spot on I am on the students website going through some of the letters etc., when ur post popped up interesting that the gesture of goodwill is highlighted by CAG and is saying basically if you get this you've won There Computeach offer is a joke by the way some gesture by them is that the best they've got. Go Get 'Em Fuzz.

You know it, stick a fork in em, they are done!

hello fuzzbutt,

how about confirming the letter and explain that you looking forward to meting them on the court date as a good will gesture?

YES get angry now but be calm at court or it will just be a waste of your energy and all this time and all the judge will see just someone moaning and whining and not someone who is collected in their thoughts and justified in his actions.

PREPARE PREPARE AND PREPARE all your information to hand collect and file documents so you can't waste your time the judges time if asked a question during your day in court. Think about it

Oh yeah and breath!!

Happy New Year...

The gesture of goodwill does not state that the 'no time limit' comes free of charge.

Well Fuzzbutt, the court might want to know why the offer of goodwill took so long and only after a letter of action................

And of course in the mean time it meant you had to look else where for a course of your own back.

Good luck - there are a few people waiting to go down the same route.

Edited by lowdown

============================

I think you are spot on with your analysis of the situation.. barclays have made this offer so that they can show the judge they are trying to be flexible (underhanded).. and you are unreasonable..

but to be honest I think our analysis in the past about why computeach was found (chosen) was because they was in financial trouble and barclays did a stitch up deal with them.

Having been a student with computeach before I know how it all works with them.

it costs computeach very little in materials to supply you with disks and some pamphlets and some encouragement to get to your internal exams.. if you fail its your problem.. you did not study enough.. so try harder.

and each time you fail their internal exams you also waste your life, so much so that the year has gone by and you are not really any closer than at the start.

That is how computeach make their money by wasting your study time so that you give up.

I would not accept any training from computeach even if they paid me to study there... would that be a job offer??

also Fuzz they've not made it clear in their offer that you could have " with no limit on the period of time you require to finish your studies'." how much this would cost as Computeach i'm sure would be delighted at having a no limit to length of time at their rates of £'s That little fact is conveniently left out. Forgetting you've already paid. details no doubt to be disclosed at a later date. another question would be why do they keep moving the goalposts to fit.

also Fuzz they've not made it clear in their offer that you could have " with no limit on the period of time you require to finish your studies'." how much this would cost as Computeach i'm sure would be delighted at having a no limit to length of time at their rates of £'s That little fact is conveniently left out. Forgetting you've already paid. details no doubt to be disclosed at a later date. another question would be why do they keep moving the goalposts to fit.

I bet the training will be with recycled CD's and manuals .. maybe even old Advent stuff they got cheap.. out of the skip??

it costs them nothing to do this.

Its like with sky.. when you phone them and wish to cancel..

they will offer you all sorts of deals because they know you have the dish and box and if they offer you the whole package at a tenner a month its better than no money from you... they lose nothing letting you watch at a cheaper price

I bet the training will be with recycled CD's and manuals .. maybe even old Advent stuff they got cheap.. out of the skip??

it costs them nothing to do this.

Its like with sky.. when you phone them and wish to cancel..

they will offer you all sorts of deals because they know you have the dish and box and if they offer you the whole package at a tenner a month its better than no money from you... they lose nothing letting you watch at a cheaper price

Think your right 10pack they must think we're all stupid and although they are not transparent we can see right through them. :wink:

Has anyone had any letters from B u know who? lately someone has had a letter saying Write off Debt Sale their balance is £0.00 it appears they have sold on this debt to a dca as someone else had the same followed a week later by a letter from Moorcroft. I just heard someone had like me the interest added making the sum over £11,000 (while we were in dispute btw) but has received a letter saying they owe £4000ish that would be the original debt before interest. Anyone think perhaps Bfp is getting their house in order prior to Fuzz's case? just a thought

Has anyone had any letters from B u know who? lately someone has had a letter saying Write off Debt Sale their balance is £0.00 it appears they have sold on this debt to a dca as someone else had the same followed a week later by a letter from Moorcroft. I just heard someone had like me the interest added making the sum over £11,000 (while we were in dispute btw) but has received a letter saying they owe £4000ish that would be the original debt before interest. Anyone think perhaps Bfp is getting their house in order prior to Fuzz's case? just a thought

Do you mean Barclays are selling off their toxic debts (us) to a DCA just so they can have money?

and now these DCA are after us? with the debt in their grubby hands?

Do you mean Barclays are selling off their toxic debts (us) to a DCA just so they can have money?

and now these DCA are after us? with the debt in their grubby hands?

That's what it looks like the person had requested a statement prior to seeing this at the bottom of the page. The dca's have been there all along 10pack so it'll be a status quo of continued ignoring from me although I have not received any notification of this personally. but if they do sell on the debt then t will show in their books as cleaned out wouldn't it?

That's what it looks like the person had requested a statement prior to seeing this at the bottom of the page. The dca's have been there all along 10pack so it'll be a status quo of continued ignoring from me although I have not received any notification of this personally. but if they do sell on the debt then t will show in their books as cleaned out wouldn't it?

My understand is that the the bank. Barclays need to inform you that they have done this.. they cant just reassign the debt and not tell you.

The is what you ask for when you send the challange letter to those DCA demanding money from us.. without this document they are just highwaymen.

and how can the bank do this while the account is still in dispute??

My understand is that the the bank. Barclays need to inform you that they have done this.. they cant just reassign the debt and not tell you.

The is what you ask for when you send the challange letter to those DCA demanding money from us.. without this document they are just highwaymen.

and how can the bank do this while the account is still in dispute??

Exactly 10pack good questions, I asked the guy if he had been notified he said no:-o Could be just scare tactics as usual I was more interested in the write off debt sale that was on someones statement they had involved their MP but looks like that may be sold on. 10pack the whole kitten caboodle from the start of this totally stinks and we all know it :loco:

Hi guys before I start I just want to say a big well done to everyone on this forum putting up a fight against BPF and inparticular Fuzzbutt.

As I have spent a lot of time recently going through letters from BPF/ mercers/ moorcroft and midas (all but one DCA's), I came across a letter from BPF which started with the headline 'The arrears balance on your account is now critical'. It then on the second paragraph 'Advent and Computeach', 'The consumer credit act (section 75) implicitly obliges Barclays to ensure that goods and services are supplied to you and we are satisfied that, in the circumstances, in appointing an alternative training provider where Advent, as the original supplier under the terms of the agreement, is unable to perform its contractual obligations. Advent's breach of contract has been remedied by Barclays pursuant to general contract law principles. General contract law provides that, where the original contracting party (in this case Advent) does not require personal skill or superintendence to perform its contractual obligations, those obligations may be performed by another party. Advent was not required to exhibit any personal skill or superintendence in order to carry out its contractual obligations in providing training to you. Accordingly, Advent's contractual obligations can be carried out by another suitable training provider, in this instance Computeach'.

Having read that I thought that I would do some background reading on general contract law as BPF seem to be using this as their get out card. And essentially it seems that it can be countered by Siting Breach of Condition of the Contract. I cant post links to some examples of case of law, but just google it and many come up.

There is also one other point that I came across and it is that of Contractual Negligence, in essence in Barclays pulling of Advents funding, they did not take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions which they reasonably forsaw would likely injure Advent, which in turn us.

The two last points are still be looked at by me but they are points worth having a look at.

:lol:A tick box questionnaire, well that certainly satisfies any argument against miselling doesn't it? I got told i would be working at HSBC headquarters after i passed my first two exams! Looks like i am as big a Mug as the people that designed that questionaire!

oHi Ya Mustard were not the only mugs this was part of the answer they gave to our MP who said that his ribs were sore because he thought their answer was a joke, but as you they were not and have since got away with this at FOS, so I do not BFP are the only clowns, because FOS believed them!

Raymondo