Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very Interesting stuff let us know when these are due to be on TV. I have recieved the update letter from PKF and from what i can see they have taken all the money and put it in their pockets, i can't believe they sold my information onto another company....... WHERES MY MONEY!!!

Yes i want to know where all the money that barclays has supplosedly given to advent.. if you note on the previous report from PKF, barclay name is nowhere to be seen as a creditor.. so how did they manage to finance so many students and yet not be a creditor? either they gave money or they did not, and it must have been a significant amount othewise they would not be putting us through the trials... something smells

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Extracted from the guidelines

Can databases be sold?

Yes. If an organisation first obtains information from individuals with the intention of selling

the database as a commercial asset, individuals should be informed how their information

is going to be used, including that it will be sold.

Was anybody asked if their information could be sold to Computeach ? "individuals should be informed how their information

is going to be used, including that it will be sold." I believe this is the first indication we knew of it

:-

RE: Takeover of Advent Computer Training Limited training by Computeach

As I'm sure you are already aware, Advent Computer Training Limited ("the Company") went in to Administration 17 February 2010.

Computeach has been working with Ian Gould and Brian James Hamblin, both of PKF (UK) LLP, the Joint Administrators of the Company, and the major funding providers, such as Barclays Partner Finance, and I am pleased to announce that we will be providing training services to the Company's customers going forward. Rest assured that this training will not cost you anything extra over and above what you have already agreed to pay Barclays Partner Finance.

Computeach has provided training services to the consumer market since 1964 and we are confident that you will experience an improvement to the service going forward. We have won numerous awards and hold accreditations and partnership agreements with all the main bodies including:

Microsoft - Gold Partner for Learning Solutions

The Institute of IT Training - Founder Member of their Personally Funded Training Accreditation

CompTIA - Gold Partner

Pearson Vue and Prometric - Authorised Test Centre

Our training services include fully authorised training manuals and online eLearning to directly support the defined exam objectives for each of the certifications that we cover. To help you through your programme of study we have a team of fully qualified tutors employed at our head office and training facility in the West Midlands. Members of this team are available for email and telephone support between 9am and 5pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and between 9am and 8pm on Monday and Wednesday.

If guidelines had been followed our permissions should have been sought. Barclay's defence will be they are trying to fullfil their contractual obligations trampling all over the Data Protection Act in the process.

Yes but im not an asset i didn't want to move on to computeach, so did i sell them my info.....NO!! did they ask me if i wanted my details passed on....NO!! PKF did so they could get more money and get rid of us i just wanted my money back.

Agree - I didn't give anyone permission to pass on my details either. And what was that about not paying any further to continue with CT? That are charging people once their contract end date expires to continue study ON TOP of what we already paid BPF!:-x

I've put a few questions in an email to our lawyer so will let people know when I hear back.

A few people are receiving letters from Moorcroft it seems, offering to write off a portion of their debt if they pay so much within a number of days. Someone has forwarded their letter to me and I have to say it looks a mite suspicious (no Deed of Assignment letter I noted!) Wonder if this is a desperate means to claw back some money for BPF, who are probably aware that they would be forced to write off the debt by a court ruling in our favour? Hmmmm....:suspicious:

I've put a few questions in an email to our lawyer so will let people know when I hear back.

A few people are receiving letters from Moorcroft it seems, offering to write off a portion of their debt if they pay so much within a number of days. Someone has forwarded their letter to me and I have to say it looks a mite suspicious (no Deed of Assignment letter I noted!) Wonder if this is a desperate means to claw back some money for BPF, who are probably aware that they would be forced to write off the debt by a court ruling in our favour? Hmmmm....:suspicious:

Yes hopefully.. and can we have it splashed all over the media like what happened the other week with the investment fiasco so that others who are fighting independantly can also knock on the door and ask for theirs :)

Post just arrived and with it my final decision from the ombudsman (I'd asked for my complaint to go to the ombudsman as I disagreed with the adjudicator's decision).

They've turned me down with the claim that the offer from CT is reasonable, despite the delay of 3 months (!presumably because BPF arranged us an extension of 3 months as compensation) and my evidence of the verbal promise that this was sold as 'open-ended' was totally disregarded. I'd have thought a verbal account is as valid evidence as written proof - it is in a court of law but not according to FOS!! What a joke! :-x:tsk::frusty:

However,I have been contacted by someone who has had a ruling in their favour and the adjudicator agreed the course was not like-for-like as it was sold as open-ended. I'm trying to find out more as this ruling may be good news for the rest of us. Hausfeld ar aware.

Post just arrived and with it my final decision from the ombudsman (I'd asked for my complaint to go to the ombudsman as I disagreed with the adjudicator's decision).

They've turned me down with the claim that the offer from CT is reasonable, despite the delay of 3 months (!presumably because BPF arranged us an extension of 3 months as compensation) and my evidence of the verbal promise that this was sold as 'open-ended' was totally disregarded. I'd have thought a verbal account is as valid evidence as written proof - it is in a court of law but not according to FOS!! What a joke! :-x:tsk::frusty:

However,I have been contacted by someone who has had a ruling in their favour and the adjudicator agreed the course was not like-for-like as it was sold as open-ended. I'm trying to find out more as this ruling may be good news for the rest of us. Hausfeld ar aware.

Hi Fuzz,

My thoughts exactly, Apparently (I read on an other forum) someone was told BPF have not sold the debt to these DCA's but the fact they have instructed them to collect for them and with the wording of their Pre Court Division scare tactics is very underhand and misleading.

Something they all seem to be good at misleading and mis-selling.

I'm sorry the FOS aren't able to see our predicament how they can support this company as being offering a reasonable solution is ludicrous. Why don't they read the reviews re Computeach. says it all.

Dom of The One Show advised to research any company, and research of Computeach produced some dreadful results no-one in their right mind knowing what has been reported about them would go with them.

I am approaching the end of the time limit to complete the course I don't think I'll be alone, Even with an extra 3 months time this is now unachievable, in fact it probably always was unachievable even with Advent as the experience needed prior to the MCSE exam was probably never going to happen anyway at least for me. I didn't choose this exam path it was laid out by the saleswoman who appeared to know what she was talking about (shows I didn't know much) and I was truly hooked in, vision of fabulous job I was so willing to put in the work and study to get it. Wish I knew then what I know now.

This is probably in their plan of dissolving their mess ie don't need to offer training just collect the cash for those outside the time limit they instituted, as we were all told take as long as is needed,

but have they backtracked to cover their asses, Yes!! with every difference which Computeach HAD and there is no doubt their courses were significantly different in many ways (your original contact with them proved that) they have created “Bespoke Courses” which in itself is a fabrication to try and confuse and manipulate this situation to their own ends. Damage Limitation for their end not us.

By now offering a substantial discount from the outstanding balance makes me feel they are trying another damage limitation exercise and this has all become a stand off and a haggling game see who will give in and pay up. I don't care what they do I will not pay them for nothing I am not receiving any goods or services,

Everyone who has paid them should be refunded if they have not received what they paid for.

I have a logical mind and this whole situation is illogical in fact anyone with a shred of decency will see how unfair this is so I can't understand the FOS position in this.

We just need to stand firm and stick together dour it out don't give up

FUZZBUTT ANNOUNCEMENT - GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!

We have now had a FOS ruling at last in favour of one of the Advent students.

The main circumstances are there were no start or end dates on the Advent agreement form (green form which you signed at the interview with the Advent sales rep) and therefore FOS agreed it was reasonable to assume the course was open-ended and so not like-for-like terms to Computeach.

This is good news for those who do not have dates entered on your agreement and there is a fair chance you may now be entitled to a refund.

Please contact Fuzzbutt if you are one of these people (send a scanned copy of your agreement and your full name/address). If you can't scan your document then post a photocopy directly to Ingrid at Hausfeld with a brief note of your full contact details and let Fuzzbutt know you've done this. I am compiling a list for our lawyer of all those now able to claim a refund under this ruling.

For those who have no dates on their agreement and have NOT yet put in a complaint to FOS our lawyer advises you to do so now and make this issue clear in your complaint. If you HAVE but you're still waiting for a decision from your adjudicator ensure you contact them and point out that a ruling has been made in favour of a student in similar circumstances to yourself.

In the long run, this may be of benefit to the general group as it is proof that Advent courses were sold as open-ended as agreed Advent policy, and could help many of us currently being turned down by FOS on the grounds we can't prove this (although we are arguing we were told by the rep the course was 'extendable by arrangement').

Well what a post by Fuzzbutt it made me both smile and groan at the same time.

Smile because finally an adjudicator at the FOS has taken full note of the situation and saw fit to uphold a complaint :) and groan because on further reading of the reasons I saw that my forms unfortunately have a date on them :(

By green form do you mean the enrolment form? I don't seem to have anything green in my collection of paperwork.

That seems to be the one i have - and it does not have a signature from a director either.

The letter states that the agreement has to be signed by a director, otherwise its not a binding contract.

If in fact this is the form Fuzzbutt is asking about, it has no start/end date.

It seems possible these are the original agreements from a couple of years ago.

Agreements from 2009 seem to be different.[Possibly]

And to top it all , the credit agreement from BPF - BPF have signed the green one, but not the pink one.:???:

Are these the form you are enquiring about Fuzzbutt?

hmm guys I have an enrolment form with a copy one blue and other yellow.. but they do not have any spaces for start and end dates and I cant see any end dates at all.. maybe I am missing a document?.

I also found my letter from Advent confirming my enrolment it has no end dates.. but it does clearly state on it "Unemployed" ,and this was sent ot me well before I signed an agreement with them for my loan :|

My forms are completely blank but this is interesting news as I was led to believe earlier on that the agreement between advent and me was not in the equation as they were bust.

That was from a different lawyer.

This is certainly good news that it's being considered don't know where I stand with blank forms, wish it was BPF's form that was blank but I imagine I'll have another pop at FOS I need to try something different because I'm in the guarantor situation and I really can't get my head round it. Advent really has messed up

Forms are blue pink and white I have all 3 :???:

looks like i have the same forms as you 10pack , one blue and the other yellow . The only date on them is the date that my self and the sales man signed them on!?

yes thats the one, I dont know why I never spotted this before?.. I sent copies of all these to Hausfelds.. and I have been reading about end dates and such and never thought to look at my own documents

My forms are not headed the same as rphood is showing.. it states enrolment form but I do not have those two boxes with "start" and "end"

:|

Edited by 10pack

FUZZBUTT ANNOUNCEMENT - GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!

We have now had a FOS ruling at last in favour of one of the Advent students.

The main circumstances are there were no start or end dates on the Advent agreement form (green form which you signed at the interview with the Advent sales rep) and therefore FOS agreed it was reasonable to assume the course was open-ended and so not like-for-like terms to Computeach.

This is good news for those who do not have dates entered on your agreement and there is a fair chance you may now be entitled to a refund.

Please contact Fuzzbutt if you are one of these people (send a scanned copy of your agreement and your full name/address). If you can't scan your document then post a photocopy directly to Ingrid at Hausfeld with a brief note of your full contact details and let Fuzzbutt know you've done this. I am compiling a list for our lawyer of all those now able to claim a refund under this ruling.

For those who have no dates on their agreement and have NOT yet put in a complaint to FOS our lawyer advises you to do so now and make this issue clear in your complaint. If you HAVE but you're still waiting for a decision from your adjudicator ensure you contact them and point out that a ruling has been made in favour of a student in similar circumstances to yourself.

In the long run, this may be of benefit to the general group as it is proof that Advent courses were sold as open-ended as agreed Advent policy, and could help many of us currently being turned down by FOS on the grounds we can't prove this (although we are arguing we were told by the rep the course was 'extendable by arrangement').

Could you ask ingrid if this ruling would be applicable to those who took out a loan on behalf of someone doing the course.

FoS ruled me out purely because my name is on the training contract but my fiancé is on the loan agrement.

This is despite the fact the the loan states quite clearly that it was for training.

And another round of thanks for fuzzys hard work in all this i think is in order

well done we all appreciate what you've done :D

My Access2 enrolment form has start and end dates filled in by the rep. However, i have noticed that the "Finance ID" section is completely blank and unsigned by me. Gonna get me anywhere?

Do you have the white form which is the credit agreement from barclays partner finance?