Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks fuzzbutt its like banging your head against a brick wall trying to get some where with BFC. waiting for the final answer from FOS. BFC wrote to me before Christmas about the result but not heard from them myself . makes you wonder who's side they are on if any waste of time going top them. once again thanks for your help. wicko

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're welcome Wicko.

I've just put my approved letter to the Education Minister up on the 'Case Updates' on the student website if anyone wants to read it.

Hi Fuzzbutt, i have just read the letter. What a fantastic, detailed and honest approach you have taken.

A big thanks for that, and the time it must have taken

Hi Fuzz,

Wow! Just read your letter and like lowdown says it's fantastic, I hope it results in some positive action being taken by the regulatory bodies.Well done Fuzz and thank you.

On a personal update received a letter today from Moorcroft " Pre Court Division" "We have been advised by BARCLAY'S PARTNER FINANCE To collect your overdue debt of £11,xxx.xx .

This is a formal demand for payment prior to court actin being warranted.:!:

To prevent our recommending to our client that legal action be taken by external solicitors instructed to act on behalf of our client it is essential that you settle this debt without delay.

Payment should be submitted in full within 7days or contact made with this office immediately, by telephone or by letter with your payment offer.

Both our client and we do not wish to take this step, ( BET THEY DON'T) but if an agreement cannot be reached by 10.00am on 13/01/11 an action may be issued by our clients solicitors without further notice.( That's only 3days)

A couple of threatening paragraphs about being ordered by the court to pay and court costs being payed by the debtor and to make all payments to moorcroft. Oh! and my dad's credit rating being affected

Haven't heard nothing for months now they're at it again :jaw: aww well need to dig out the printer and send lowdown's deed of assignment letter and remind them about chasing a debt that is being disputed.

OH! and Moorcroft IN YOUR DREAMS:mad2:

What do I need to do to get through to these people I'm so fed up being ignored and never once have they acknowledged any of my letters or any points raised in them

Edited by Bluedo

I've just remembered I'm sure a couple month ago I got a letter from Mercers sounding quite like the one above giving me 7 days then to pay full amount. Nothing happened.

My Question :?: what exactly am I supposed to be paying for.:?: I am receiving nothing no goods or services. Correction!! I am receiving headaches, stress ,and a total lack of trust in the establishment,etc., etc., Wish I'd never heard of any of them. and I thought these businesses gave headaches to people for free

Hi Fuzz,

if an agreement cannot be reached by 10.00am on 13/01/11 an action may be issued by our clients solicitors without further notice.( That's only 3days)

A couple of threatening paragraphs about being ordered by the court to pay and court costs being payed by the debtor and to make all payments to moorcroft. Oh! and my dad's credit rating being affected

No DOA from Moorcroft, no deal - simple......Once again why dont BPF just tell the postman to ask you for ten grand? he has more power.

Secondly do a search on this site for Moorcroft. That is one of their standard letters.

'Moorcroft Debt Recovery plc - PRE-COURT DIVISION

That is illegal, as it is a mis-representation. It can be seen or taken by some, that Moorcroft are in partnership with the courts.

This is not true and a deliberate attempt to mislead you into thinking they are.

Don't feel intimidated. But you must inform Trading Standards and the OFT. They love investigating Moorcroft.

Also write/contact Moorcroft about the situation [Advent], and also tell them that you have/will contact OFT and TS regarding the letter.

But just don't do nothing. As your telephone will be very popular several times a day.

Edited by lowdown

No DOA from Moorcroft, no deal- simple......

Secondly do a search on this site for Moorcroft. That is one of their standard letters.

'Moorcroft Debt Recovery plc - PRE-COURT DIVISION

This is actually illegal, as it is a mis-representation. It can be seen by some, that Moorcroft are in partnership with the courts. This is not the case.

Don't feel intimidated. But you must inform Trading Standards and the OFT. They love investigating Moorcroft [with great results]

Thanks lowdown,

I never thought to report them I'll do that. let you know what happens. I'll have a look at the forums here on moorcroft too, If I hadn't been on here that letter would have scared me witless and would definitely have intimidated me.

I have a copy of the doa letter that I know you have on the website, is that all I would need to send?, but maybe you know if this 7 days mentioned in their letter is right, I was just going to look and see if there was a regulation regarding 14 days as a pre court action letter. Think I saw something about that before but need to look and find out if so then that makes their letter invalid or something. anyway they've only gave me 3days :!:

Hi everyone my situation is very much like everyone with advent going bust then dealing with BPF.

After signing up with advent for a MCSE course for a year on a interest free option, and as the months rolled by I found that I was totally miss-lead by the advisor, wasn’t worth it at all and then within the year of my contract the company went bust so there was no training offered...not to say they were any good before!!

After about 2months computech was offered as an alternative which i didn’t accept...Shortly afterwards I was hassled by BPF for payments. I can’t afford the payments and this is also affecting my credit rating.

I have forwarded my paper work to Hausfield legal group, but is there anything I could do to avoid making payments as BPF have broken their side of agreement!!

No training given so why pay? I would really appreciate any help and advice from you guys...

Hi Fuzzbutt, i have just read the letter. What a fantastic, detailed and honest approach you have taken.

A big thanks for that, and the time it must have taken

You're welcome - let's hope it gets some official hard-looking at Barclays activities now. As the letter also went to the head of OFT operations and FSA's consumer affairs I think we may get some joy.

Thanks lowdown,

I never thought to report them I'll do that. let you know what happens. I'll have a look at the forums here on moorcroft too, If I hadn't been on here that letter would have scared me witless and would definitely have intimidated me.

I have a copy of the doa letter that I know you have on the website, is that all I would need to send?, but maybe you know if this 7 days mentioned in their letter is right, I was just going to look and see if there was a regulation regarding 14 days as a pre court action letter. Think I saw something about that before but need to look and find out if so then that makes their letter invalid or something. anyway they've only gave me 3days :!:

That's good advice from, Lowdown there.

All demands like this are unlawful and need to be reported. If you get any replies from OFT and Trading Standards, Bluedo, please could I/Hausfeld have a copy (all good stuff for the evidence file). Thanks.

Good luck! As you say, if you weren't on here you'd likely be frightened into paying up - frightening is exactly what they intend so all power to you! :boxing: Be interested to hear how you get on.

Thanks lowdown,

There is a time limit - although i am not sure what it is. And most importantly it would have to come from BPF or their solicitor, not bounty hunting chancers.

There is plenty of info on this site about time limits. Infact this site must be a nightmare for these types of people and companies, with so much great advice and info from people over the last couple of years.

That's good advice from, Lowdown there.

All demands like this are unlawful and need to be reported. If you get any replies from OFT and Trading Standards, Bluedo, please could I/Hausfeld have a copy (all good stuff for the evidence file). Thanks.

Good luck! As you say, if you weren't on here you'd likely be frightened into paying up - frightening is exactly what they intend so all power to you! :boxing: Be interested to hear how you get on.

I certainly will let you have copies of any replies I get Fuzz,

letters will be sent today I find this harassment by these DCA's appalling and their tactics to try and extort money from anyone who'll pay up. I know some people thought we should pay under protest but I don't trust them and would rather go through this than have to fight to get money back.

Somehow I don't think it would be any different they have all shown how uncooperative and useless at dealing with their customers with their bully boy tactics.And that credit report is nothing more than a means of control to force people to obey them :mad2: rant over:sad:

There is a time limit - although i am not sure what it is. And most importantly it would have to come from BPF or their solicitor, not bounty hunting chancers.

There is plenty of info on this site about time limits. Infact this site must be a nightmare for these types of people and companies, with so much great advice and info from people over the last couple of years.

Thank you lowdown your so right this site has took away the panic and fear and THEIR power , of what these companies have done to people for years and bullied and scared them and would see you in the gutter and would still keep hounding you it shouldn't be allowed.

What gets me is I have sent letters of dispute, lists of grievances, informed them I am taking legal action , and yet they still carry on

.It's a disgrace the treatment we've had and no fault of ours.

Hi everyone my situation is very much like everyone with advent going bust then dealing with BPF.

After signing up with advent for a MCSE course for a year on a interest free option, and as the months rolled by I found that I was totally miss-lead by the advisor, wasn’t worth it at all and then within the year of my contract the company went bust so there was no training offered...not to say they were any good before!!

After about 2months computech was offered as an alternative which i didn’t accept...Shortly afterwards I was hassled by BPF for payments. I can’t afford the payments and this is also affecting my credit rating.

I have forwarded my paper work to Hausfield legal group, but is there anything I could do to avoid making payments as BPF have broken their side of agreement!!

No training given so why pay? I would really appreciate any help and advice from you guys...

Hi Bill

I totally agree why pay for nothing.

Sounds like you have done the right thing by joining the legal action and there is loads of advice on the Students website set up by Fuzzbutt and on the CAG site too in dealing with DCA's which I'm doing at the moment. Don't let them worry you you are in the right place and please just post any concerns you have, or if you get a letter from a dca.

Just a little update for everyone interested. I was getting threatening letters from Mercers before christmas after the daily barrage of phonecalls from them had finally stopped (only took 2½ months!). I sent yet another dispute letter to both Mercers and Barclays Partner Finance, but this time I sent another complaint to FOS about the daily harrassment, BPF ignoring my letters of dispute and sending a debt collection agency (Mercers) on my case. I sent the letters off on the 7th December and the only correspondence I have had so far from all 3 parties since then is an annual account statement from BPF and the FOS asking for more details. I guess regularly complaining to FOS stops the harassment for a while. Will keep you all posted if anything more develops!

Thanks for reading!

Sounds like you're on the right tactic there, Roadie.

I think the fact that these debt collection agencies do get away with their blackmail/scare tactics is people are often isolated and don't know their rights, don't even know where to start looking sometimes for info, but we are many (rather than the few, or the one!) and there's strength in a group, sharing advice and helping each other out.

Come to think of it, I rather like to think Star Trek style of the heads at Barclays as Klingons (clinging on to our money that they should have given back!)

:mmph::-x

Edited by Fuzzbutt

Sounds like you're on the right tactic there, Roadie.

I think the fact that these debt collection agencies do get away with their blackmail/scare tactics is people are often isolated and don't know their rights, don't even know where to start looking sometimes for info, but we are many (rather than the few, or the one!) and there's strength in a group, sharing advice and helping each other out.

Come to think of it, I rather like to think Star Trek style of the heads at Barclays as Klingons (clinging on to our money that they should have given back!)

:mmph::-x

The best thing people can do to help is - Every time they get a contact letter from a DCA without a DOA and copy of contract/agreement [Even from so called Mercers] is forward it to

the fos and Trading standards.Apart from making you feel good a kicking up a stink, is that it gets these people fines [ and remember some of them are on probation for their trading licence due to past illegal and underhand l practices] An more importantly, it puts pressure and the spotlight back on Barclay's Partner Finance.

So every one must do their bit.

hmmm new thread.... hello everyone

I have been away over christmas so not been here for a while, just caught up on all of the reading and it seems that Barclays have not done no credit checks when people took out this agreement as i was on Incapacity when i applied and my credit rating was not very good, so im not the only one.

I got home and realised i've had more letters from Moorcroft debt recovery so i called them and they told me that they spoke to Barclays and still pressume that i should carry on my studies with CT, i asked them about the DOA and the women had no idea what i was talking about.

After reading further through the forums i was very impressed with "Letter on behalf of the group to the Education Minister" you wrote Fuzz it has really good valued points.

One more thing..... Even if i was to carry on my studies with another training company, i would have to start all over again as my exam i passed (601 essentials) has expired so i cant do the next one (602 Technician)

Is 0800 975 5304 one of the BPF crew’s numbers?

Its one of about three different numbers I’m getting calls from at the moment but not one I’ve answered yet to verify. And I don’t particularly want to answer it to have the same annoying conversation over again. It is silly. After Sunday’s call, which I actually answered coz it was on a different number (001 795 509 145) to any I’d had before, the dude I was speaking to actually apologised to me for bothering me as he had not realised my account was being disputed etc. Didn’t stop em calling the very next day again though. They’re probably sat in the same room as the people who are dealing with the complaints and yet one person has no idea what the other is doing. You’d have thought it would be on their screens in front of them. What they need to do is to train some people in IT skills, coz, ya know, apparently, there is a shortage of workers in that field. If only there was a dedicated company that dealt with such things………………………………….oh wait…………….

:razz:

Hi Everyone,

I have been quietly looking on to see how everyone else is doing, I hope everyone's Christmas was good.

Fuzz- This has been going on some time now are we any closer to getting anything from Barclays at all, what is happening with Hausfeld. I understand that these things take allot of time, but we have been waiting for ages. We have not seen any of Barclays/Hogans correspondence on the website for the longest time. Without trying to badger people or make Ingrids job any harder would it be possible to get a statement from Ingrid about what is happening currently?

Not been on here for a while, I have had a call from Allied International today (new debt collectors) I did not confirm my details so they would not tell me what they do, once a googled them I found they are a very aggresive debt collection agency and once I got home I had aletter from Barclays saying they are handing my case to AIC and they put an admin charge of £22.50 for sending methe letter.

Has anyone else had the same thing? and what have you done re this new letter so far

Thanks Boosh

...BPF rep even told me that when I took out my loan unemployed, I am the one who should have made sure I had the means to pay for the loan, its strange.. I never knew that getting a finance loan was like those self checkout counters you see in Asda..

just wave your course under the scanner please and we will bill you later :madgrin:

I agree completely, not only was I misled by, Deborah, the sales lady at Advent by convincing me the form she was about to send for me to sign was purely just to 'sponsor' my now ex-partner for him to do the course, but at the time I was in full time employment however him and I both knowing that in the next year I would be moving away to become a full time student to do a music degree. Deborah told me I could transfer the name from mine to my ex's...had I known she was making me reliable for the loan altogether I think even I, never having taken out a loan before, would have even had enough sense to know that this wasn't possible. I simply went along with her 'genuine' sales tactics and was gullible enough to believe that what I was signing was a mere stepping stone to support my ex-partner...if only she know realised the problems she has got me into and from once having an excellent credit history and no debts, I am now in arrears with nothing to show for it esp, as computeach wont even speak to me as it wasn't my course! Talk about being caught in the middle....cheers for that one Debs!

Hi Everyone,

I have been quietly looking on to see how everyone else is doing, I hope everyone's Christmas was good.

Fuzz- This has been going on some time now are we any closer to getting anything from Barclays at all, what is happening with Hausfeld. I understand that these things take allot of time, but we have been waiting for ages. We have not seen any of Barclays/Hogans correspondence on the website for the longest time. Without trying to badger people or make Ingrids job any harder would it be possible to get a statement from Ingrid about what is happening currently?

Hausfeld wrote to BFC just before Xmas - that letter of 26/11/10 is up on the site.

I understand they are waiting for a full reply, although Hogan Lovells did give a holding reply quickly. It will move as fast as it moves, I'm afraid. That's the way of these cases. We just have to sit it out.