Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the new thread for general discussion of this issue.

here is the old thread, which has been locked and is going to be tidied up...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?244467-Advent-Computer-Training-(Barclays-Partner-Finance)Info-and-discussion-thread(2-Viewing)-nbsp

please keep a thread of your own for your own case, it makes things much easier to follow.

also, please read these before posting.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-Forum-rules.-Please-read-these-before-posting

Edited by HSBCrusher

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no, the old thread was too long and contained posts that were against site rules.

Also, it is best if everyone keeps a seperate thread for their own situation, this is the way we do things on cag. It helps people keep tabs on where they are, whats going on, and of course helps experienced members of the forum help newbies, on a big thread like that users posts get lost very easily.

I suggest this thread is used for general discussion only.

CAG is behind you guys, keep it up. I note Fuzzbutt and Bluedo have done a lot of work on this and I wish them all the best. However, we dont allow personal email addys or references to no win no fee companies as this is a self help site and it is against our ethos.

also please do not post external links to other websites or forums

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I sense BPF have had a say about how all the [bad] publicity has aroused interest towards them. It just goes to show that shout loud enough, and people shake. Something must be working [or have been said] for this post moving business to have happened.

I also get the feeling cracks are appearing everywhere, [ IE, Fuzzbutt - my received letter].

would that be the letter with the long list of irrelevant facts of yours?.. and still you must pay!!..

I had one of those a few weeks ago.. BPF rep even told me that when I took out my loan unemployed, I am the one who should have made sure I had the means to pay for the loan, its strange.. I never knew that getting a finance loan was like those self checkout counters you see in Asda..

just wave your course under the scanner please and we will bill you later :madgrin:

I sense BPF have had a say about how all the [bad] publicity has aroused interest towards them. It just goes to show that shout loud enough, and people shake. Something must be working [or have been said] for this post moving business to have happened.

I also get the feeling cracks are appearing everywhere, [ IE, Fuzzbutt - my received letter].

Indeed!:eyebrows::madgrin:

I'll be posting my letter to the Education Minister, Head of OFT and FSA in the next couple of days on the you-know-where website I've set up.

hi just found this forum been fighting with barclays for a year now. been to see CAB who where very helpful. still barclays would not listen just got letters from a different person. went to the ombudsmen they where a waste of time.find myself in a different situation as i was a guarantor for my son who was out of work and could not sign on the dole as he was to young so i think there was some miss selling going on, advent sent him a book then we heard no more until i read that they had gone bankrupt . i would like to join the class action but do not how to so a little help would appreciate. all the best cheers

It's hopefully a butt-kicker anyway and may get some action in high places.:typing:

What's going on now! Something's in the wind. Hope someone takes notice cause we aint going nowhere we'll not be silenced.

To wicko welcome I am in the same situation as you, my Dad signed unwittingly as guarantor but I signed as the student how can he be now expected to pay for nothing? he cant do computeach's course.

I now don't know how to give you information to join the class action group we are all in thanks to fuzzbutts relentless work. as the site team are not allowing email adresses or links so maybe if you contact the site team they may be able to guide you. or if someone else has any suggestions how to help any newcomers thank you. Keep contact wicko let us know how you get on.

We can assure you that the threads were modified to be in line with the forum rules and no outside source was the cause of this.

We can assure you that CAG and the site team are behind you 110% and will continue to do so.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I now don't know how to give you information to join the class action group we are all in thanks to fuzzbutts relentless work. as the site team are not allowing email adresses or links so maybe if you contact the site team they may be able to guide you. or if someone else has any suggestions how to help any newcomers thank you. Keep contact wicko let us know how you get on.

Good to here the CAG are behind us at least, but it would be nice for them to figure out how we get around this problem of no links/e-mail addresses, as this severly hampers our ability to help newcomers. Although the internal messaging system in the members individual profile could be a way forward.

Hope everyone had a good Crimbo and New Years!

Newcomers can contact myself or Bluedo directly for details of how to join the case and get a link to the advice/bulletin website I've set up for the Advent and Access students.

Send me your email address (include your full name so you can be added to the list) and I'll reply directly, which will comply with forum rules I believe.

would that be the letter with the long list of irrelevant facts of yours?.. and still you must pay!!..

I had one of those a few weeks ago.. BPF rep even told me that when I took out my loan unemployed, I am the one who should have made sure I had the means to pay for the loan, its strange.. I never knew that getting a finance loan was like those self checkout counters you see in Asda..

just wave your course under the scanner please and we will bill you later :madgrin:

Hi 10pack,

You should have told them Advent told you you would have the means to pay their rotten loan when they got you into the great job they promised you cause that's how they took us in :evil: another mis-selling issue

Hi 10pack,

You should have told them Advent told you you would have the means to pay their rotten loan when they got you into the great job they promised you cause that's how they took us in :evil: another mis-selling issue

Barclays know this full well.. they are just taking the **** as usual do notwant to admit to anything unless they get made to

Just a random addition – In my conversation before xmas with BPF regarding this whole lovely mess the lady kept telling me I needed proof that what they were offering wasn’t “like for like”. So I have sent them a copy of the enrolement form without the end date on it, as proof that Advent really was “at your own pace/openended” or whatever. But in writing the letter it occurred to me that I can’t remember BPF ever providing proof that their “like for like” offer was infact just so. So I told them in my letter that as it was simply an assertion on their part that they were fulfilling their obligations that I wanted proof from them. And that if I didn’t get it then I would consider that they were in fact not offering “like for like”.

I figure that if they don’t come back then that’s a pretty decent score at our end but if they do come back and can prove that the course was not open ended then they are basically asserting/acknowledging that we have all been missold the course so will leave themselves open on that front.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this yet?

Good point, DonnieB.

I did manage to get the document out of FOS under Freedom of Information which they are basing their decisions on in refusing our complaints against BPF. Barclays provided this as their defense of the 'bespoke courses', claiming it proves 'like for like' but, as you say, they just state the case and expect us (and FOS) to take their word for it. Computeach apparently claims it will honour all the agreements but how can they honour an open ended study programme when CT has already stated it will start charging once the end dates on agreements plus the 3 months extra compensation time agreed with Barclays runs out?

That will certainly prove the open ended study promise was a false selling point by Advent reps and so courses were mis-sold to us (not forgetting that BPF also mis-sold loans to unsuitable and unemployed people without full credit checks, as well as Advent reps badly advised guarantors signing agreements so that they were not covered by S75 CCA when they came to make a claim against BPF with FOS).

Just a random addition – In my conversation before xmas with BPF regarding this whole lovely mess the lady kept telling me I needed proof that what they were offering wasn’t “like for like”. So I have sent them a copy of the enrolement form without the end date on it, as proof that Advent really was “at your own pace/openended” or whatever. But in writing the letter it occurred to me that I can’t remember BPF ever providing proof that their “like for like” offer was infact just so. So I told them in my letter that as it was simply an assertion on their part that they were fulfilling their obligations that I wanted proof from them. And that if I didn’t get it then I would consider that they were in fact not offering “like for like”.

I figure that if they don’t come back then that’s a pretty decent score at our end but if they do come back and can prove that the course was not open ended then they are basically asserting/acknowledging that we have all been missold the course so will leave themselves open on that front.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this yet?

Nice logic.. though I suspect they will answer in some vague way.. and all your points will still be irrelevant, which seems to be their answer to everything, they are refusing to acknowledge their liability

Hi There guys,

have not been here for a while again. I went through some of the posts, taking forever. Just wondered, in your opinion guys what chances do we have? it is quite unnerving not paying knowing my credit is gone with the wind. So I was thinking about IVA but not sure what would happen if I do that and then we win? Also any update on the court dates?

I have not heard from anybody(BPF, Moorcroft) now, which is even more unnerving.

Hi There guys,

I have not heard from anybody(BPF, Moorcroft) now, which is even more unnerving.

Thats because they are unnerved as well. They think they are right - but they are not convinced which way a court of Law will see it.

Hi There guys,

have not been here for a while again. I went through some of the posts, taking forever. Just wondered, in your opinion guys what chances do we have? it is quite unnerving not paying knowing my credit is gone with the wind. So I was thinking about IVA but not sure what would happen if I do that and then we win? Also any update on the court dates?

maybe they lost you??

when all this started January last year, I had only signed up weeks before.. BPF did not even bother to write to me to tell me what was going on.. the paperwork had not caught up with me :-x

i have recieved more letters from mercers this morning demanding payment. I was hoping somebody still has the link to the letter i could send them please, the site link only takes me to this site, many thanks

i have recieved more letters from mercers this morning demanding payment. I was hoping somebody still has the link to the letter i could send them please, the site link only takes me to this site, many thanks

Mercers are barclays.. when I had my letter from them I was trying to put my account in dispute and being ignored, thats when mercers like you demanded money.

I phoned consumer direct told that that I was being harressed by mercers, they contacted my local trading standards office who wrote to mercers asking them to explain themselves when it was clear my account was in dispute and they should not be harrasssing barclays customers, mercers did not bother to answer trading standards and mercers did not contact me.

next barclays sent sanclare on my back, the boss of sanclare is an ex-manager of barclays.. so I did not bother to reply to their letter.

next was moorcroft I sent the proforma letter informing them I did not recognise owing their company money asking for them to produce the deed of assignment transferring the loan from barclays to them.. they answered that they would apply for it??

they should have had that before they even thought to demand money from me with threats.

They also asked what legal action I was going to take against their clients barclays partner finance.. :razz: I have not bothered to write back in reply.. and from barclays I got a copy of my agreement.. twice, which to me says it all.. barclays still have our loans, so that means debt collection agencies should not be harressing us.

you can get the form from the students site but I am not allowed to write here to tell you where it is, we have been told off for giving out such useful information :|

Yes, bizarrely you can now read that there is a group legal case going on in the first post on the old thread on Advent/Barclays but not how to get the details about it....kinda defeats the point of editing in the first place I'd have thought, as it is still mentioned! :confused:Nontheless!

I'm the group organiser so anyone can PM me and I'll send you a link (I don't check here everyday though so be patient). Sorry can't put my direct email or the website up here due to forum rules.

Edited to add....There is now a revised advice page on my site (approved by Hausfeld) which should hopefully be easier to navigate for info than the previous news posts.

Edited by Fuzzbutt