New claim for £335 - starting tomorrow!

deliciosa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Again there will be no problem.

It was up to them to refund you in full, as you requested. The fact that they might not reply in time etc will have no bearing on your case.

Just proceed with YOUR timescale.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Firstly, I doubt very much that they will offer the full amount unless you issue a court claim.

Secondly, the costs of doing this will be added to your claim (make sure you add it) so you will be no worse off. In fact, you should be better off, since by going to court (I don't mean attending it!) you can then add the 8% interest to each charge from the day it was made on your account....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It's pot luck, but I suppose it depends on the value of the claim, as well as many other factors.

I certainly hope they do offer you the full amount, but I think you need to be prepared to issue court papers against them first..

By all means post your letter, someone will give it a quick once over even if it's not me. Nobody minds putting your mind at rest.

Ok thanks, this is what I am about to send....

Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Senior Service Quality Officer

HSBC Bank plc

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

23 April 2006

Ref:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated xxxx offering a settlement of £xxxx representing part of the charges applied to my account.

I will be happy to accept the sum of £xxxx but only on the basis that I will continue claiming the reminder (£xxx). I am sure you understand that if I proceed with a claim, I will have to add my costs as well as the 8% interest to this sum. I would like to inform you that in accordance with my previous email, the date of issuing the claim will be the xxxxth xxxxxx if I don’t receive full settlement before or on that day.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I will accept the sum of £xxxx you have offered, but only on the understanding that I will continue a claim for the remainder (£xxx).

If I am forced to proceed with a claim through the courts, you will be faced with an additional 8% interest on each charge imposed, from the date they were issued, plus court costs. * This will add an additional £xxx

In accordance with my previous correspondance, you have until xx/xx to offer full settlement.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

* (If you know what this figure is)

Obviously I can't tell you what to do, it must be your decision but I urge you to think about this a little more before accepting this partial offer.

I had a "wobble" when I got a partial offer but in the end I went for the whole lot and got it!

You have lots of advice and support here, you really are in the best company and we will all help you in any way we can.

Remember that NOBODY has lost or had to go to court to get back what is rightfully theirs.

I still stand by the earlier statement that I posted on your thread...You will get your money back, every last penny.

Just stay strong and hold out.

Do not let them scare you.

Do not be bullied :)

deliciosa.. don't be sooo hasty,

ask yourself why a huge financial institution such as your bank is writing to offer you a partial refund in response to your threatening letter..

Is it because they are scared of the mighty deliciosa (not with a name like that they're not)... they have the administrative and legal resources at their disposal that would be the envy of many former Eastern Block countries..

they could, if they thought there was even an outside chance that their legal position was stronger than yours, sit out deliciosa's threatening letters, ignore your demands, even perhaps answer them in court...

But they won't. And they aren't. They've already offered you a partial refund - 'cos they have no intention of disputing your claim, or defending their position. Otherwise they wouldn't have offered you anything.

They're not trying to settle with you as a favour. Or cos they like you are they?

They're trying to minimise the impact of your claim, and the final cost to them.

Just follow due process, and the advice on the site that you know has worked, continues to work, and will shortly work for you.

In this case patience is not simply a virtue, it is financial logic?...

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Thanks for all your help! However, I have spoken to A Pretty and accepted the 250 simply because I want to finish with HSBC already, I dont want to wait, I dont want to stress anymore, 250 is fine and its a kind of free money now. I am waiting for it to arrive to my account. I am extremely grateful to all of you!!! x x x x x x x x x x x x x

SUCCESS!

Got my money this morning. I cannot express how grateful I am to you all guys! If theres anything I can do for you besides tokens, just let me know please. Please keep up the good work!

Ps: Overdrawn, where do you want me to send the champagne?

You can still help, and in a big way too....

Tell everyone you know what you have achieved, and tell them to visit this site for help to reclaim their charges.

Congratulations!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks